Hillary

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Hillary

Post by bjmdds »

Meanwhile, Clinton received some good news Thursday: George Soros, the billionaire financier and well-known advocate of liberal and progressive causes, said he will back an effort to convince Clinton for run for president in 2016, a spokesman told Reuters.
"His support for Ready for Hillary is an extension of his long-held belief in the power of grassroots organizing," said Soros spokesman Michael Vachon.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Hillary

Post by carl stromberg »

It looks like you will be busy campaigning for Hiillary in the next 3 years. :D
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:fight: :down: :fight:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Meanwhile, while all eyes are on Hillary and whichever Republican can stay out of jail long enough to run against her: There's a shadow government running the country, and it's not up for re-election.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Another Bush vs Clinton election? Grud, I hope not. Why not just become a monarchy and have done with it?
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Let's have 8 years if Hilary - then Chelsea can have a go. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:Let's have 8 years if Hilary - then Chelsea can have a go. :wink:
No, there's another Bush that's just won his first election (George P Bush, I think this one is). He has to take his turn first, then it'll be time for Chelsea. Now might be a good time to buy stock in powdered wigs. Or guillotines.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Asked how likely they would be to vote for the former secretary of state if she makes a White House run in 2016, 38 percent of registered voters told pollsters that they would “probably” or be “almost certain to” vote for her, while a similar 37 percent said they’d definitely oppose her. According to this source, a Simon & Schuster insider, "They sold 60,000 hard covers first week and 24,000 ebooks." The publishing house was "hoping and praying for 150,000 print first week." It's been reported that one million copies of Clinton's book were shipped weeks before the June 10 publication date. "They will be lucky to sell 150,000 total lifetime," the source writes in the email.

Hillary reportedly received a near-$14 million advance, a sum the publishing house will unlikely make back.

"It's a bomb but it will be interesting to see how they spin it."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Why on earth would they expect it to sell that many copies in its first week? Is that usual for these campaign manifestos thinly disguised as autobiographies that every potential presidential candidate feels obliged to put out?
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Last time she had a book I think her base was more interested in her also the Clinton foundation bought a bunch. I think she is shy of committing her own money after being 20 million in debt after Obama cleaned her clock.
She has her fans but I don't think she has an interesting story to tell right now. The other part is I think she is too old and in bad heath I don't think people feel her selling another self serving book.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:Let's have 8 years if Hilary - then Chelsea can have a go. :wink:
Some people seriously think Chelsea is being groomed to be the next Clinton in office I don't I think if she were interest she'd have started running for any office long before now. I think she'll use her family's connections to get big paydays but she has seen enough of the political world.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hillary's ratings are dropping. People are in fatigue over her, except for the minions that follow her. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts could give her a run for the primary. Hillary is not aging well and her inane answers to specific questions won't fly in a debate. Her ovarian appeal seems to e waning too. Christie can beat her, but can he get the nomination?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Hillary's ratings are dropping. People are in fatigue over her, except for the minions that follow her. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts could give her a run for the primary. Hillary is not aging well and her inane answers to specific questions won't fly in a debate. Her ovarian appeal seems to e waning too. Christie can beat her, but can he get the nomination?
She still beats every Republican candidate in match-up polls by a substantial margin. No, I don't understand it either. As for Christie, the Bridgegate trial is still ongoing, and a lot of Republicans never liked him because he cooperated with president Obama for the good of his constituents, instead of throwing himself on the floor and screaming "No!" like a 2-year-old. This means he fails the purity test. Personally, I think Rand Paul provides a better contrast with the warmonger Clinton.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Hillary is a better know name is about what it comes down to. If the democrats could run a candidate they all don't agree with like a Joe Lieberman I think we could have a really good dem president, the Repubs gave us two guys who probably would have been decent leaders the party base voters didn't love. Basically I believe we'd get better presidential leaders if the choices we get are not too beloved by their party, people not to ideologically in the tank for their party and willing to do what best for everybody not only their party.

Obama is a ideologue first politician second he had two easy elections in fact every election he had in his short career was almost handed to him. Bill Clinton was a politician first despite his ideology, i might disagree with him on a lot of issues as I did bush, but when it came down to it when the american people showed they were unhappy with his directions he listened. Every president come in to office wining an election believing the nation thinks just like they do, we don't in two years we normally vote in the opposition to congress.

Hillary I think has the potential to be more like her husband as a president but she is tied in with obama. There is a new book talking about the animosity between the two families, I believe it to the extent we can when these book don't name names.
IMO obama and his foreign policy she implemented is going to be a problem for her as will Obama care. If she comes out as the book says and she throws obama under the bus for Benghazi, and then criticizes him for his other policy she might really be a contender the American people can support, as she is now a double talking Dem advocate support the people in power she is old news, and maybe someone how has been on the public scene too long.

But honestly I'd rather a unknown democrat (and republican) have chance (which is what that book suggest Obama is looking unknown dem for to replace him), Christie is a character who is fun to watch but he also is a bully with a lot of baggage. The Romney campaign really wanted Christie but when they looked in to him they found a ton of things that could come back to bite them.

One thing about amnesty the dems believe it will give them a political base that will sweep them into power for years to come, it might but beyond the activist the core values of Hispanics tend to be more conservative, not republican, I'd say probably more what we call independent. So it could back fire, but then the dems got other minorities they oppressed for the better part of the 20th century to believe they were the party of compassion and the repubs the party who actually fought the dems for civil rights (who also founded many of the civil rights organizations) were the meanies.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MSNBC morning show talks about Hillary falling apart............
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She had been experiencing splitting headaches and was finding it increasingly difficult to hide the throbbing pain in her head while doing television interviews. “Right now I’m feeling like they can all go f**k themselves,” Hillary said, referring to the media.

“I know the country needs us, but they aren’t acting like they deserve us. Just f**k ‘me. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/06/ ... 2016-race/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A U.S. security team in Benghazi was held back from immediately responding to the attack on the American diplomatic mission on orders of the top CIA officer there, three of those involved told Fox News’ Bret Baier.

Their account gives a dramatic new turn to what the Obama administration and its allies would like to dismiss as an “old story” – the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

Speaking out publicly for the first time, the three were security operators at the secret CIA annex in Benghazi – in effect, the first-responders to any attack on the diplomatic compound. Their first-hand account will be told in a Fox News special, airing Friday night at 10 p.m. (EDT).

Based on the new book "13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" by Mitchell Zuckoff with the Annex Security Team, the special sets aside the political spin that has freighted the Benghazi issue for the last two years, presenting a vivid, compelling narrative of events from the perspective of the men who wore the “boots on the ground.”

The security contractors -- Kris (“Tanto”) Paronto, Mark (“Oz”) Geist, and John (“Tig”) Tiegen -- spoke exclusively, and at length, to Fox News about what they saw and did that night. Baier, Fox News’ Chief Political Anchor, asked them about one of the most controversial questions arising from the events in Benghazi: Was help delayed?

Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.

“Five minutes, we're ready,” said Paronto, a former Army Ranger. “It was thumbs up, thumbs up, we're ready to go.”

But the team was held back. According to the security operators, they were delayed from responding to the attack by the top CIA officer in Benghazi, whom they refer to only as “Bob.”

“It had probably been 15 minutes I think, and … I just said, ‘Hey, you know, we gotta-- we need to get over there, we're losing the initiative,’” said Tiegen. “And Bob just looks straight at me and said, ‘Stand down, you need to wait.’”

“We're starting to get calls from the State Department guys saying, ‘Hey, we're taking fire, we need you guys here, we need help,’” said Paronto.

After a delay of nearly 30 minutes, the security team headed to the besieged consulate without orders. They asked their CIA superiors to call for armed air support, which never came.

Now, looking back, the security team said they believed that if they had not been delayed for nearly half an hour, or if the air support had come, things might have turned out differently.

“Ambassador Stevens and Sean [Smith], yeah, they would still be alive, my gut is yes,” Paronto said. Tiegen concurred.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hillary Clinton confidants were part of an operation to “separate” damaging documents before they were turned over to the Accountability Review Board investigating security lapses surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

According to former Deputy Assistant Secretary Raymond Maxwell, the after-hours session took place over a weekend in a basement operations-type center at State Department headquarters in Washington, D.C. This is the first time Maxwell has publicly come forward with the story.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Hillary laughs about getting child rapist off.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »