Zimmerman trial

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

http://col.stb00.s-msn.com/i/C4/DDAEB67 ... D7653B.jpg George(Chaz Bono-ish) is free :!: Is everyone pleased?
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

bjmdds wrote:http://col.stb00.s-msn.com/i/C4/DDAEB67 ... D7653B.jpg George(Chaz Bono-ish) is free :!: Is everyone pleased?
No. And kindly keep YOUR politics and NON-Bond Topics on those boards where they belong.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

BarryNivven, we get thread drift all the time. I'll just say this about Zimmera$$hole,I mean Zimmerman: I wanted to punch him in the face repeatedly after seeing that smirk on his face after he was found not guilty[/soapbox}
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:BarryNivven, we get thread drift all the time. I'll just say this about Zimmera$$hole,I mean Zimmerman: I wanted to punch him in the face repeatedly after seeing that smirk on his face after he was found not guilty[/soapbox}
He is somebodies OJ, I don't know about this guy from the way the judge treated him I wasn't sure the verdict was a done deal. I didn't pay close attention to this case but I was upset it happened at all, in this case both could have avoided the situation (Travon had already given Barney Fife the sip)and I just don't like over zealous wannabe watchmen. Most of all it bothers me because as a gun owner Zimmermans responsibility was greater than a teenager. He had a might responsibility and he failed.

I will admit I don't know how many states he would be prosecuted in given the situation it would be almost impossible to prove depraved intent, get him on a lesser charge and get the gun out of his hand.

One thing I wanna know is how this went down the way it did, the most bad situation can be defused by showing a gun not using it, it really is how most situations like break in and robberies end with the bad guys running away with the sound of the owner loading or showing they got a gun. I'd have to believe Travon was a rage money to charged a guy with a gun, the truth I believe is Zimmerman was a push over who pulled a gun when he was caught following a guy, if zimmerman had known how to handle himself he'd never have pulled a gun or if he had done it right it would of defused the situation IMO.
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Barry Niven wrote:
bjmdds wrote:http://col.stb00.s-msn.com/i/C4/DDAEB67 ... D7653B.jpg George(Chaz Bono-ish) is free :!: Is everyone pleased?
No. And kindly keep YOUR politics and NON-Bond Topics on those boards where they belong.
I will talk about anything I please on this general discussion thread. This was a murder trial, not an election. It had nothing to do with politics.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:BarryNivven, we get thread drift all the time. I'll just say this about Zimmera$$hole,I mean Zimmerman: I wanted to punch him in the face repeatedly after seeing that smirk on his face after he was found not guilty[/soapbox}
How did Zimmerman ever get a gun permit? He appears to be a Quick Draw McGraw type. The fact is there are tens of thousands of cases yearly in this country and why did the media hone in on this one particular case?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Zimmerman trial

Post by Kristatos »

I am going to move the posts on this topic from General Discussion to here, since I believe it more properly belongs here.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Re: Zimmerman trial

Post by bjmdds »

Zimmerman in hiding now.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Zimmerman in hiding now.
He's been in hiding all his adult life. He comes across as a paranoid nutjob who's terrified of his own shadow.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Zimmerman in hiding now.
He's been in hiding all his adult life. He comes across as a paranoid nutjob who's terrified of his own shadow.
I don't know how winnable any murder charge would be in any state in the circumstances, IMO the state was playing politics with the case and went for charges the public would like but were never provable in the legal sense to a jury.

IMO Zimmerman deserves to be made an example of but the threats against his family and other random people hurt the spirit of the sympathy and outrage people feel, there could be real good to come out of this by highlighting other people who were wrongly killed in similar situations. Different authority figures chasing young men they consider suspicious because if there the cloths they wear or race or language they speak, some are killed why does nobody care about them

But it's not about trayvon Martin any more and hasn't been for some time it's about the image and not the young man who was killed. The image of racism personified by the actions of a scared man who should of minded his own damned business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Were there threats, though, or is the threat in Zimmerman's mind? Either way, if he's going to spend his life looking over his shoulder for fear of an armed vigilante, that puts him in the same position as every young black male in America after this verdict.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sharpton is already running with the tragedy for political reasons and says he won't let it go. Every young black male thinks they will be shot because of the Zimmerman case? Chicago has one of the highest gun violence death rates and it is black on black crime, so who should they look out for? Nobody focuses in on that. All this attention on one tragedy was for political posturing. I do not believe ANY trial should be televised. That should only be for the people involved. OJ walked after killing 2 people with his DNA evidence being found at the crime scene. Did middle aged black males feel they could get away with murder after that verdict? Did anyone riot in the streets? No. Zimmerman was not racist. He is a strange type of person to be put in charge of community watching. He looks quite timid and irrational to me to be doing that.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Black-on-black crime is a sensitive subject in this increasingly polarized nation. While covered in academia and occasionally addressed by talking heads on television, some believe it rarely, if ever, receives the type and depth of attention it deserves. Instead, critics argue that this national tragedy is usually swept under the rug by powerful interest groups and individuals more concerned with elevating their own racially-driven agendas than addressing the real issues at hand. The Trayvon Martin case is only the most recent example of this grim hypocrisy.

Indeed, statistics support a very different narrative than the one usually offered by “race hustlers,” as Pastor C.L. Bryant calls them, who routinely portray an America where members of the black community are selectively targeted and brutalized by white racists.

A 2007 special report released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, reveals that approximately 8,000 — and, in certain years, as many as 9,000 African Americans are murdered annually in the United States. This chilling figure is accompanied by another equally sobering fact, that 93% of these murders are in fact perpetrated by other blacks. The analysis, supported by FBI records, finds that in 2005 alone, for example, African Americans accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in the US — again, almost exclusively at the hands of other African Americans." (from The Blaze 2012 article)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Were there threats, though, or is the threat in Zimmerman's mind? Either way, if he's going to spend his life looking over his shoulder for fear of an armed vigilante, that puts him in the same position as every young black male in America after this verdict.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
A old couple nothing to do with Zimmerman was mistaken as his parents their address was passed around, absolutely no relationship to Zimmerman and the amount of threats they received was enough they had to go into hiding, I think they were put in protective custody. This was last year sometime when the guy was in jail and facing trial.

I don't think Zimmerman target Martian because he was black I think Zimmerman is one of those pricks who hassle young men cause they dress a certain way , I experienced this kind of crap in high school and after where me and my friends were hassled / accused of everything gone wrong under the sun. Jerks tried to make our lives hell for no damned reason other than some make believe fear in their empty heads.
Not the same as young black men get but I sympathize cause of what happened to us.

I wish Martian had hung up on his girlfriend and called 911 reported a creepy guy following him mane got Zimmerman off the streets.

I also wish some of the people I've known as neighbors were there that night no way a scuffle like that goes ignored it would of been stopped in short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

My first reaction to this story was "why are they releasing this now, after the trial is over?" Then I looked at the date. This has been Zimmerman's lawyer's strategy all along, to divert attention away from the fact that Zimmerman was the aggressor and Martin the victim. Unless Zimmerman had access to his texts, he couldn't have known this stuff, so it's a distraction. Aptly-named blogger The Rude Pundit has his own colourful phrase for this process (Warning: not for the easily offended).
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In light of the Zimmerman case look for this film to garner Oscar attention now: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... story.html
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/2 ... 31273.html How come the media buries this story? Maybe Oh-bama should go on tv and talk about this child :!: :shock: :idea: