Oh-bama

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Oh-bama

Post by bjmdds »

The subsidy applies for single people earning UNDER $46,000. You get a tax credit the following year and pay less taxes. Big O, this entire law will have to be redacted because the math does not add up. They require millions of young people to sign on, and they won't, to cover the Medicaid free-bee expansion. 87% of those already signed up are applying for Medicaid and these people add nothing to the pool of dollars required. 2014 votes will be a referendum on this law. 16 Democratic Senators are worried about being thrown out of office next year.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"President Barack Obama should consider changes to his health care law to honor his pledge to allow consumers to keep their health care plans if they so desire", former President Bill Clinton said in an interview released Tuesday.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:"President Barack Obama should consider changes to his health care law to honor his pledge to allow consumers to keep their health care plans if they so desire", former President Bill Clinton said in an interview released Tuesday.
Bill never did quite forgive Obama for beating his missus in the 2008 primary, did he?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:It's the best working site so far unfortunately they didn't have my state but using a nearby states zip the prices were similar big deal is if accurate I could get the gold or platinum for less than I pay now with the subsidy. Thing is I need to figure out how to get the subsidy, if it takes a year it doesn't help me at all.
Does your state have its own exchange? Healthsherpa, like healthcare.gov, only covers the 37 (I think) states on the federal exchange.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:"President Barack Obama should consider changes to his health care law to honor his pledge to allow consumers to keep their health care plans if they so desire", former President Bill Clinton said in an interview released Tuesday.
Bill never did quite forgive Obama for beating his missus in the 2008 primary, did he?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
No and she is gearing up for 2016 the answer to why Clinton is making a play for control of the party. When my wife saw this she said Clinton screwed Obama! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Clinton telling anyone to honor their commitments is shock on its own! What he understands is Obamacare has reached toxicity, he's inoculating Hillary and giving any democrat who wants to abandon Obama's talking points cover. He gutted Obama's control over congress and the party at the same time, it comes down to simple math using California as an example 1 million are losing insurance, the next day they are finding out how much Obamacare has raised the prices, = angry voters, it only requires a small number of that million to upset safe districts.

If by some miracle they can get better new coverage for cheaper it's seems to be the exception to the rule. It's not just one person being canceled it families and some times friends and family who are the most upset even if they were not directly affected, turning 10 million in to 20 to 30 million angry voters which can throw a national election, if the projections of total Americans forced off their insurance is true and its closer to 85 million (with employer coverages being forced on to new Obama approved insurance) , that many people with out a doubt can throw elections in every district and state.

Obama care has subsidies available up to $62,000 for a two-person family, For a family of four, it’s $94,200, ironically the south will do the best because most families incomes are well below $62k with both parents working. Still states averages calculates the lowest with the highest so I'd imagine their will be a fair mix of people not getting any help who need it. Next the subsidies will probably be taxed as income sooner or later, happened in cash for clunkers people got a tax bill for the clunkers which was never real money to them.

There are also all kinds of weird tax problems for families if they go over the income, separate, divorce, partner dies, child dies, stuff like that. Normally I'm not big on government assistance I do want any who need help to get it but when the government is forcing people to buy something and the costs are bad vs value then the government should help out.

BTW I believe the only way to get the subsidies is to go through the exchanges.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

15 hours ago CNN
Poll: Obama approval ratings drop, Americans say he's not trustworthy: Obama's job approval rating has fallen to the level of former President George W. Bush at the same period of his Presidency.

While the President has a positive rating, 52%-42%, for how he handles terrorism, he gets negative ratings on foreign policy, immigration, the federal budget, and the economy. A majority of voters, 53%, say the Obama administration has not been competent in managing the U.S. government, according to Quinnipiac. (How come I knew this 5 years ago and NOW these people who re-elected him are waking up?)
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote: Does your state have its own exchange? Healthsherpa, like healthcare.gov, only covers the 37 (I think) states on the federal exchange.
we do, it works, sorta. The healthsherpa does a much better job. My insurer has a page too, nothing looks good under the gold and platinum plans, every single plan more than doubles what I pay. I'm not paying any damned fine either !! :cuss:

We also got some if the most insulting ads to get the young and healthy,,, Jesus those ads a repugnant is the only word I can find for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Only 106,000 SUPPOSEDLY signed up for this garbage :!: They require 7 million young people to sign up over the next 4 months :!: It's going down the drain as was forewarned by the Republicans and they were correct on this particular item. These liberal Democrats keep saying that the plans people had were junk. Oh really? Says who?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Does your state have its own exchange? Healthsherpa, like healthcare.gov, only covers the 37 (I think) states on the federal exchange.
we do, it works, sorta. The healthsherpa does a much better job. My insurer has a page too, nothing looks good under the gold and platinum plans, every single plan more than doubles what I pay. I'm not paying any damned fine either !! :cuss:
But you said the healthsherpa doesn't cover your state. And your insurance company won't tell you about the subsidies, let alone cheaper policies from other companies.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:
But you said the healthsherpa doesn't cover your state. And your insurance company won't tell you about the subsidies, let alone cheaper policies from other companies.
they do a better job than my state explaining the plans and subsidies. To find out the details like healthsherpa showed me I have to to creat an account to find out the details, or with my insurers I have to go to the government through them then once I do the the clock is ticking and I have to choose/ pay for the new policy. There are only three companies in this state two have a good rep, if prefer to stay with who I got now because I know how they work. But the other problem I found is in network and out of network , out if network it's like 50% . I can't confirm if any of the local places are in the "network"
Nevermind,,
It's giving me a damned headache

Honestly if I get the subsidy I could pay less and have dental too, but my insurer makes it sound like I go to the gov through them if I get approved they get the money directly from the government and I pay the rest.
:lol: see theres the start of that damned headache

Bottom line us I can't afford it with out the subsidy, all of the plans double my monthly payments not a lot of money but it'll screw me over.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The new Quinnipiac University National Poll gives Republican Christie a tiny edge, 43 percent to 42 percent, but suggests that Clinton is fading in the wake of his huge victory and the tremendous political problems Democrats are having with Obamacare.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I noticed a distinctly more deceptive answers coming from the white house. The spokesman today said something bout having Obamacare working like it should if you listen to his word carefully it was the website they are confident in not the law. Obama did the same saying something that sounded like he support keeping existing coverage but was actually say he'd help them out with new coverage. Not going to examine what was said today too closely. Obama needs to hire some Bush people they were better at spinning and lying to our faces.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I think the problem with Obama care is it is not affordable, forget everything else for a moment we were promised was affordable healthcare what we are getting is overcharged for the same to lesser coverage. If Obama had kept his promise and these policies were cheaper as well as Better he could ignore breaking his promise. Which he knew was untrue before the law was signed he dismissed it as the 10 million will be happy to be canceled because the new policy is better.

As long as I can remember we were told healthcare problem existed because not enough people had insurance, meaning if we all had insurance healthcare prices would suddenly drop. IMO what Obama wants to do is irreverent because the cost are not related to the number insured, the problem is hospital cost are growing faster than insurance can keep up.
Hospitals justified their ballooning cost since they were supposedly covering those who couldn't or wouldn't pay for emergency care and hospital stays. Catch 22.

IMO well see a law pass that cancels out the new mandate opening up the old market, basically killing off Obamacare which might not make it even if the mandate remains unaltered.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No, read this :!: http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-fak ... bs-report/ I knew it from the start.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Oh-bama's approval ratings as a lying, incompetent, dolt of a President are now lower than Cr-egg's approval ratings as Bond. FBF, I hope you have finally seen the light on this subject. {Poll shows voters now prefer Romney to Obama}:

"What if the 2012 election were held today? Mitt Romney apparently would be president, according to a new poll.

Romney would lead Obama, 49 percent to 45 percent, among registered voters in an ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday. The findings are within the poll's margin of error, but pollster Gary Langer notes that Obama's support among registered voters now is actually 6 points lower than his showing in the 2012 election.

Obama's popularity has taken hits since the disastrous rollout of the Affordable Care Act and the website for health insurance exchanges. The president's job-approval ratings have hit new lows in several public opinion surveys, including the ABC News/Washington Post survey that shows 55 percent of adults disapprove of the job Obama is doing.

The poll findings are probably small comfort for Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who has made several TV appearances criticizing Obama's handling of the health care law.

In a recent CBS News interview, Romney said Obama's failed promise that people could keep their insurance plans if they liked them "was not accurate, it was not honest" and threatens "the whole foundation of his second term."
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Whats upsetting me now is all the special interest getting a waver for Obamacare.
We need healthcare reform, to bad obama screwed it up so bad we'll spend more time fixing his mess to get it back teh way it was instead of fix the problems we already had. I don't think there is any good reasons why people have to be uninsured, I think they should have the freedom to chose not to buy it but as a country we should have people who need healthcare who cant afford it. I'd be willing to be taxed more to help my fellow man out however I do resent being told to buy a over priced insurance with poor coverage for my family to help pay for somebody else (who are not getting the best insurance of what used to be available.). Some communities collect extra sales tax which goes to a fund to buy heath insurance for those who need it, that a real solution to a real problem, buddy-ing up to the insurance companies and hospitals just guarantees those people get this money. Insurance companies told if they lose money in the first years of obamacare the government will issue a check to make them a profit. :shock:

There are good aspects to obamacare the issue is with the government mandates and regulations, it does the opposite of what Obama wanted to do.

Last thought for now is why people are getting so upset about the cancellations, obama glibly says its substandard insurance and bad companies he might have sold it but he forgot people chose those companies and the plans and some got great value out of them only to have Obama comes in and not only lies about keeping their insurance but tells them they don't have the right to chose their own plan or are capable of choosing the right plan.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Oh-bama's approval ratings as a lying, incompetent, dolt of a President are now lower than Cr-egg's approval ratings as Bond.
Not the best analogy, since Craig's approval ratings outside this forum remain absurdly high. It may be a little more acceptable now to say you don't like him that it was in 2007, but "ZOMG best Bond EVAH!!!11" still seems to be the default option.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Oh-bama

Post by Omega »

Hope to find out if I can keep my insurance soon. A friend has coverage that for some reason wasn't due for cancelation until summer already got a email telling her to disregard the previous cancelation notice but then her primary residence is in another state. ???

I just wondering what the plan for O-care was supposed to work. To make the medical system work all healthy young people must join up at higher rates, but when collage age people get their coverage canceled they are told if your under 26 mommy and daddy will cover you. So all those people don't buy a individual policy so how was o-care supposed to support itself with the biggest pool of heathy not signing up?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »