Oh-bama

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Oh-bama

Post by bjmdds »

Correct and Oh-bama knows nothing about running a government. Degenerate.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:Obamacare is a huge mistake, its a bad scheme to pool money to make money for insurance companies and government and nothing to do with actual cost of care.
They should have just expanded Medicare to cover everybody. But there are too many politicians, both Republican and Democrat, who are bankrolled by the insurance industry for that to happen.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Screw both parties. A legit Independent party is required that truly represents a different course, but then they would be bought and paid for as well by lobbyists. Nothing will ever change. Medicaire for all requires NO private insurance and an increase in the 2.9% Medicaire tax on workers to around 18%. I doubt those that truly work would agree to it and ALL must be a part of that and NO private insurance at all could be allowed, ala, the single payer system.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Screw both parties. A legit Independent party is required that truly represents a different course, but then they would be bought and paid for as well by lobbyists. Nothing will ever change. Medicaire for all requires NO private insurance and an increase in the 2.9% Medicaire tax on workers to around 18%. I doubt those that truly work would agree to it and ALL must be a part of that and NO private insurance at all could be allowed, ala, the single payer system.
The bill proposing a Medicare expansion (HR 676) gives a figure of 7%, not 18%. And the opinion polls I've seen suggests it would be a d**n sight more popular than Obamacare (nèe Romneycare). It also allows for supplementary private insurance - just not insurance company death panels coming between you and your doctor.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

A lot of doctors will not take Medicare, shows how bad the government has run it.

Obamacare will not work as it is and IMO by next year they be delaying and passing bill to keep coverage as we were promised. What I would of done instead of obamacare is use the government to pay for uninsured peoples insurance, give a tax credit for those who already pay for their own, the mandate mixed with obamacare regulation is a disaster. easier to pay coverage for 10-15% of the population than cause 14 million to 85 million to lose coverage (85? estimate counting those with employer provided coverage) ( 10-15%?? the different sides use higher and lower numbers, my guess is discounting illegals it be close to 10%)

What need to happen is insurance reform, cross state lines national coverage, simpler system no paper work headaches, legal reform cut out the lawyers while making it easier for legitimate claims of negligence to be paid, and last but not least hospital reform cut out the fat some have more administrators than doctors.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Screw both parties. A legit Independent party is required that truly represents a different course, but then they would be bought and paid for as well by lobbyists. Nothing will ever change. Medicaire for all requires NO private insurance and an increase in the 2.9% Medicaire tax on workers to around 18%. I doubt those that truly work would agree to it and ALL must be a part of that and NO private insurance at all could be allowed, ala, the single payer system.
The bill proposing a Medicare expansion (HR 676) gives a figure of 7%, not 18%. And the opinion polls I've seen suggests it would be a d**n sight more popular than Obamacare (nèe Romneycare). It also allows for supplementary private insurance - just not insurance company death panels coming between you and your doctor.

7% won't be enough. Right now Medicare cover about 50 million seniors. Let's estimate right now another 50 million are currentlt being funded on Medicaid. That leaves an additional 200 million people to cover. The Medicare tax rate is 2.9% which covers 50 million seniors. You need at least 4 times that to cover the 200 million people so it's an additional 12-13% on top of the current 2.9%. 7% won't do the trick.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No wrote:A lot of doctors will not take Medicare, shows how bad the government has run it.

Obamacare will not work as it is and IMO by next year they be delaying and passing bill to keep coverage as we were promised. What I would of done instead of obamacare is use the government to pay for uninsured peoples insurance, give a tax credit for those who already pay for their own, the mandate mixed with obamacare regulation is a disaster. easier to pay coverage for 10-15% of the population than cause 14 million to 85 million to lose coverage (85? estimate counting those with employer provided coverage) ( 10-15%?? the different sides use higher and lower numbers, my guess is discounting illegals it be close to 10%)

What need to happen is insurance reform, cross state lines national coverage, simpler system no paper work headaches, legal reform cut out the lawyers while making it easier for legitimate claims of negligence to be paid, and last but not least hospital reform cut out the fat some have more administrators than doctors.
"No" knows his onions. No tort reform in the crummy bill now. None. It could be done correctly in the private market place but you need serious thinkers writing the laws, not dolts.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The "dolts" (now there's a word I haven't heard in a while) who created Obamacare, the Heritage Foundation, are now running billboard ads attacking it. You have to give them marks for chutzpah, if nothing else.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I've lost insurance because of Obama care all of the replacement plans are more than double what I pay now plus the deductible is huge the only plan that come close to the coverage i have now is $400 a month and $2000 deductible. If they'd price car insurance like this nobody own a car :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

To hell with his entire administration big O. I hope you did not vote to re-elect this crumb.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Dose the subsidy help with the cost at all?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's a tax credit. You pay the full premium then pay less income tax when filing. It's $46,000 or less for a single person and $90,000 or less income for a couple. Less tax revenue will be collected as higher premiums get paid. As the robot said many times on Lost In Space:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don't know how it's supposed to work. I can't afford it for a year on my own to maybe be reimbursed a year later, besides I can't afforded to get sick with any plan but the $400 a month plan because the deductibles and copays will ruin me. Cheapest Obama plan is for one month what I had paid for two. F'd either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hey, Omega, have you seen this site: http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

Built by three programmers from San Francisco, and works better than the official healthcare.gov website. I read about it on, I think, the CBS website.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Hey, Omega, have you seen this site: http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

Built by three programmers from San Francisco, and works better than the official healthcare.gov website. I read about it on, I think, the CBS website.
no I hadn't. I'll look at it on My laptop later. No surprise 3 programmers can do what the government and insurance companies can't. I have looked at a few other independent websites so far the cost are about the same.

The problem I'm having is the plans now available do less for me than my old plan while costing more, the monthly increase might be manageable but the deductible and higher copays suck.

I'm not sure this law is going to work I'm looking only because I'm cut off from my old plan I know many uninsured who are not even a little bit concerned with looking. How do they force people who will not do it to participate ?

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: The problem I'm having is the plans now available do less for me than my old plan while costing more, the monthly increase might be manageable but the deductible and higher copays suck.
Sorry, I thought you were having problems getting into the site. Not sure why I thought that, probably because most of the news stories I've read have been about the website glitches.

Edited to add: out of curiosity, I inputted my details to see what my premiums would be if I still lived in South Carolina. They were pretty high, but then, I got health insurance through my employer, so the changes wouldn't affect me - isn't it only the individual market that is affected? I'm not sure how it compares, I remember looking at health insurance when I was working for a small business that didn't have health benefits, and I seem to recall it being really expensive.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Oh-bama

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: The problem I'm having is the plans now available do less for me than my old plan while costing more, the monthly increase might be manageable but the deductible and higher copays suck.
Sorry, I thought you were having problems getting into the site. Not sure why I thought that, probably because most of the news stories I've read have been about the website glitches.
I didn't bother with health.gov I knew it was screwed up and I've had enough of government run bs anyway.

I'll be happy if I can get a better plan that cost me the same or less, like a subsidy to get the $400 a month plan. Some talking heads don't like that idea I'm fine with a subsidy if it'd work, bbbuuutttt as with most thing with the gov it's usually a year late and a dollar short.

Health care should of rolled out with vouchers/ checks going out so people like me just be signing up not feeling po'ed over the government screwing us. Why do the people who write the laws not have to participate in them as well? If they did they would of fixed these problems long before oct 1st 2013.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Oh-bama

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Hey, Omega, have you seen this site: http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

it's the best working site so far unfortunately they didn't have my state but using a nearby states zip the prices were similar big deal is if accurate I could get the gold or platinum for less than I pay now with the subsidy. Thing is I need to figure out how to get the subsidy, if it takes a year it doesn't help me at all.