Oh-bama

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Oh-bama

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Health Republic of New York, the largest Obamacare co-op in the country, was ranked as the worst health insurance company in complaints in 2014, according to the New York State Department of Financial Services.

State regulators ordered Health Republic Friday to stop writing insurance policies as it was no longer qualified to provide health insurance policies under New York state standards. Health Republic is the sixth of 23 health insurance co-ops funded by Obamacare since 2011 at a cost of $2.4 billion.

Federal officials and co-op advocates said the publicly funded insurers would provide better consumer service than profit-driven private companies.

Under Obamacare, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services gave $355 million in low-cost loans to Health Republic, which included an emergency solvency loan of $91 million in September 2014.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Robert Moffit, a senior fellow at the Center for Health Policy Studies at The Heritage Foundation, said Health Republic’s failure is not surprising given a recent report from the Department of Health and Human Services’ inspector general that found 22 of the 23 co-ops experienced financial losses in 2014.

“It’s just the latest costly example of a political attempt to manipulate the health care markets,” Moffit said. “Co-ops should be able to emerge naturally in a free market.”

Health Republic is the fourth co-op to crumble in less than a year. Last month, a co-op in Nevada announced it was closing at the end of 2015 because of “challenging market conditions.”

Louisiana’s co-op announced the same in July, and CoOportunity Health, which served Nebraska and Iowa, was liquidated in March.

Moffit said nearly all of the co-ops are in financial trouble, marking a “serious problem” that he predicts will continue to push more of the insurers to close down.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Freddy Akoa, a 49-year-old healthcare worker, was killed in his apartment, allegedly by three Somali-Americans whose families came to the United States through the United Nations-U.S. State Department refugee resettlement program.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/slain-christ ... iEjwfEk.99
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Actor James Woods has ripped into President Obama over the chief executive's response to the deadly shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College.
The "Once Upon a Time in America" star took to Twitter and lambasted the president on Friday. Woods was apparently irked by what he felt was Obama's insufficient attention to the fact that the suspected shooter, Chris Harper Mercer, reportedly singled out Christians in Thursday's rampage.
"Hate crime massacre of Christians finally silences Obama," Woods wrote, adding the hashtag, "#LiberalLaryngitis."
Woods continued to trash Obama on Saturday, though for a different reason, claiming that the president's "death grip" on the country will lead to mass unemployment.
"By the time Obama's death grip on America is released, it is likely 100,000,000 working age citizens will be unemployed or have given up," Woods wrote.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Obama has made a lot of bad decisions over his tenure, but the Iran deal is the big winner. Republicans crying about it like babies are only going about that because their party has been ordered to oppose Obama on anything, regardless of whether it benefits the US or not. They don't want Obama to succeed in anything, they don't want to give him an inch. If Obama claimed that he prefers his coffee black, they would accuse him of hurting makers of creamers. They're pathetic liars, and their followers sadly misguided.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Oh-bama

Post by Omega »

stockslivevan wrote:Obama has made a lot of bad decisions over his tenure, but the Iran deal is the big winner. Republicans crying about it like babies are only going about that because their party has been ordered to oppose Obama on anything, regardless of whether it benefits the US or not. They don't want Obama to succeed in anything, they don't want to give him an inch. If Obama claimed that he prefers his coffee black, they would accuse him of hurting makers of creamers. They're pathetic liars, and their followers sadly misguided.
I agree except for the Iran deal . That's a huge f'up. Iran is why we had IEDs in Iraq and Afghanistan , no room for doubt it's a fact. Obama pretends Iran will suddenly become a stable influence in the region? They should have been forced to answer for the things we no they did before any deal was talked about .

But Iran would have to be crazy to screw this deal up , it's too good but I don't think they see any reason they can't do whatever they please . They did more than enough in the last two months to blow any deal up but as long as Obama is in power he will honor the deal to the last moment before president trump take over.

Almost kidding about trump but I think he is serious and the republicans are so sure it's a joke they haven't bothered to think about why their right wing crazies are ready to support a man they know is not really a republican .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

On the contrary. The deal isn't based on trusting Iran to follow through the deal and pretend everything will become stable. That would be foolish. We froze their money to cripple them to a point where they cried "uncle" and thus we're happy to give back their money, as long as we have a large presence looking after them, just to make sure they're not up to any tricks. They're very vulnerable at this point and if they even try to do something tricky and get caught, that's a big price to pay and I don't think they're ballsy enough to take on the US.

It's much better that things were handled like this, as opposed to right wingers claiming the only solution was to bomb them. Because that worked SO well the last time...
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

stockslivevan wrote:On the contrary. The deal isn't based on trusting Iran to follow through the deal and pretend everything will become stable. That would be foolish. We froze their money to cripple them to a point where they cried "uncle" and thus we're happy to give back their money, as long as we have a large presence looking after them, just to make sure they're not up to any tricks. They're very vulnerable at this point and if they even try to do something tricky and get caught, that's a big price to pay and I don't think they're ballsy enough to take on the US.

It's much better that things were handled like this, as opposed to right wingers claiming the only solution was to bomb them. Because that worked SO well the last time...
No that's not really what's happening, aside form the us influence on major banking which is getting less and less each year we almost have no recourse if they go for nukes tomorrow . Everybody else is not going to go along with us again.

It's a bad deal for so many reasons. If it were another nation it might work but Iran is majorly f'ed up. There is no coexisting in the world they want to bring about .

The deal is such a bad deal for us they would be crazy to mess it up as it stands they walk legally to nukes if they play along. And the majority of the world is hungry to do business with them.
I'm against war but the idea it was this deal or war is crazy.
We had the bas***ds on the ropes then backed off. If we had stayed with sanctions and stopped all the trading even the ones the state department oked with the falling price of oil Russia and Iran would be more willing to listen .

Having been in that part of the world I can tell you thinking rationally about the goals the people have there will get you nowhere. Rationally there is an argument the deal could work the reality is western reasoning has nothing to do with their goals. Things I learned it be hard to explain in a post, all the different factions make it even more difficult but saying they would be crazy to do this or that I can say with certainty they don't see it that way at all. Iran is very dangerous partly because they really really believe in why they are doing what they are doing .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

President Obama declared ISIS was “contained” Friday morning, hours ahead of simultaneous attacks reportedly carried out by ISIS in Paris left at least 140 people dead.

In an interview with George Stephanopolous on “Good Morning America,” Obama asserted that ISIS was not gaining strength and that “we have contained them.”

“We’ve always understood that our goal has to be militarily constraining ISIL’s capabilities, cutting off their supply lines, cutting off their financing,” he said.

When Stephanopolous suggested ISIS was gaining strength, Obama pushed back.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Oh-bama

Post by Omega »

I'd bet Paris is not the last European city to be under siege in the next few weeks, unless some really good police works stops it .

Isis said in January they would flood Europe with fighters looks like they did it. If these guys were traveling freely in France they could be all over Europe .

Btw Did kris make it back home to the uk? I don't think Greece would be a top target but it might be a easy one.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yeah, I'm home. I saw a lot of refugees arriving when I was there. Of course there's no way to tell which were IS and which were the poor sods trying to escape from IS. They're the ones I feel most sorry for (edit: after the victims and their loved ones, of course), since they will no doubt get blamed for the very thing they were trying to get away from.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Oh-bama

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Yeah, I'm home. I saw a lot of refugees arriving when I was there. Of course there's no way to tell which were IS and which were the poor sods trying to escape from IS. They're the ones I feel most sorry for (edit: after the victims and their loved ones, of course), since they will no doubt get blamed for the very thing they were trying to get away from.
you're right about this. There we reports some of the legitimate refugees were trying to warn the European governments about Isis fighters in the mix, but many were afraid to speak up because they were threatened. Some did say Isis was recruiting people as they moved along too.

I was saying this about Iran you can't deal with them logically like you could trust some on in a one on one situation. The religious zealotry makes it impossible to rationalise their motivations.

Best example would be similar religious zealots in the western Christian community, not even really political , it is belief that warps them in to the extremists.

IMO western political motivations no matter how crazy left and right have a common thread where they believe or trust maybe is a better word in the political system, in the Middle East except for a few examples religion is the root of their politics.

I don't believe religion is the cause of most wars either , Islam, Christianity , most other religions do not look kindly on killing or wars, it's people who pervert it to get to war. And land wealth and power that motivate them ultimately.

Back to the refugees i saw many good people over there who I'd be proud to have as a neighbors. There was the culture shock coming home seeing my generation and other fellow Americans as wastes if space, worried about the next big thing, drugs, parties and pop culture, no idea what it is to really survive, what fear, Hunger, and fighting really felt and looked like. Many immigrating from the Middle East do and their strength to preserver IMO will help make the great citizen in the US and Europe.
But we have to do our job and weed out the extremest assholes hiding behind them like cowards.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Federal officials have a secret list of 11 Obamacare health insurance co-ops they fear are on the verge of failure, but they refuse to disclose them to the public or to Congress, a Daily Caller News Foundation investigation has learned…

The 11 unidentified co-ops appear to be still operating but are now on “enhanced oversight” by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, which manages the Obamacare program. The 11 received letters from CMS demanding that they take urgent actions to avoid closing.

Aaron Albright, chief CMS spokesman, said 11 co-ops “are either on a corrective action plan or enhanced oversight. We have not released the letters or names.” He gave no grounds for withholding the information from either the public or Congress.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A new report by Congress says more than 250 Americans have attempted to join ISIS, and one in four of them is from Minnesota, many of them former refugees.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That's not too far off.

Look at what senator Obama said, look at what president Obama says and does. Senator Obama would fight to stop president Obama as Bush's third term.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press".From
Sunday, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the AmericanFlag.Senator Obama
replied :
"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be
perceived as taking sides." "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression ..." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."
Obama continued, "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem,
then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem
as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope andlove.It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our MiddleEast Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ......"

When
I Become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who
have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive
thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become The President of the United
States and I have put my hatred aside .
I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path.
My wife and I look forward to becoming our
Country's First black Family.Indeed, CHANGE
is about to overwhelm the United States of
America."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

You know, when I post stuff from The Onion et al, I at least acknowledge that it's satire.