Oh-bama

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Oh-bama

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Oh-bama

Post by Kristatos »

But the austerity policies that people like this article's author want America to adopt have failed a lot worse here in Europe.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

It made me laugh in that article when it called 2.8% growth "meagre". If we had that here there would be a national holiday. :lol:
Bring back Bond!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Moved this and another political thread to the political forum. :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://news.yahoo.com/benghazi-whistleb ... 36065.html How will Oh-bama explain this with Clinton? They both hope that the American people won't care. The 3 major network supposed nightly news PASSED on this story :!: :!: :!: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/201 ... overup.jpg
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:It made me laugh in that article when it called 2.8% growth "meagre". If we had that here there would be a national holiday. :lol:
We have a stalled economy, I didn't realise it was so slow over seas I thought t he Olympics would of boosted the economy by injecting cash.
I looked it up and its "0.3 percent increase" and the economists over there seem happy with it! :shock:
Kristatos wrote:But the austerity policies that people like this article's author want America to adopt have failed a lot worse here in Europe.
Does any government actually do the austerity? IMO it seems like they promise it then renege when the time comes. Even here they are massaging the cut we are supposed to be doing and it's a trivial amount of money. (and it fighting over percentage of increases not real cuts for the most part)

I do think we may have a world wide recession in the next year of two mainly because of US policies, we are "printing" so much money I believe it has hurt the world economy. The "Arab spring" happened in large part because the cost of food skyrocketed in that part of the world, it skyrocketed because the US currency adjustments. The FED economists think it is fine because it hasn't hit home (yet) but IMO it will because the other world economies are adjusting their currency to combat what we did, it will have to come home to roost some time.
If a few major international entities (like oil) switch from using US currency as the standard we will be truly screwed.

I still believe the trillion (and billions) governments all over the world are spending is being wasted in inefficient and out right corruption, the people would be better served if the government cut out all the middle men and give the money directly to the people.

Strange the democrats think we don't have a spending people but a revenue problem, which generally means they are spending too much :lol: .
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Benghazi, IRS and taping reporters phones, all hail Nixon! :shock:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

And, he denies he knows anything about anything :!: :roll: :shock:
bjmdds

Re: Kristatos's Wessex Bond news thread

Post by bjmdds »

Do people in the UK still admire the Oh-bama? His legacy is being defined this week. Even the liberal press is FINALLY against him :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Do people in the UK still admire the Oh-bama? His legacy is being defined this week. Even the liberal press is FINALLY against him :!:
To be honest, I don't think most people here pay that much attention to American politics. If you mentioned Benghazi to the average Briton, you would probably just get a blank stare.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Do people in the UK still admire the Oh-bama? His legacy is being defined this week. Even the liberal press is FINALLY against him :!:
To be honest, I don't think most people here pay that much attention to American politics. If you mentioned Benghazi to the average Briton, you would probably just get a blank stare.
Most americans too if we're honest.

About the IRS scandal it obvious to anybody this was orchestrated by the administration, Obama so far has tried say as they do for everything that happens "we were unaware of it" (or we don't know what happened yet even if the investigations have concluded showing fault). Most people hear about the IRS story assume as we must the president ordered or sent a helper to do it. The media did too good a job villainizing Nixon (who did it as did JFK aand Clinton) when we hear about IRS abuses we all assume it is the white house behind it because since the 1970s that is they story we were told and what we expect even if Obama tried to spin it away.
In a way what was done here was worse than Nixon because it was targeting American citizens to stop political speech and perhaps turn the election.

Bengahzai talking points were precisely political, Romney had a immediate strong response the the terror and Obama campaign talking points were he shot without aiming and this is why the youtube video was sold so hard but nothing can be done to remedy it now which is why the press is supposed to be watch dogs.

The Ap story has the press upset for good reason it was illegal. I think Obama handlers think they can maybe fire somebody or make a speech and this goes away , it wont'. ( BTW I don't think Obama is reacting or leading this his yes men are in charge)
I'm going to say it again Obama is not half the politician Bill Clinton is, good ol bill was savvy enough to know not to do this, get caught, and if he did he knew to take immediate action.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/03/06/paul ... ankruptcy/ This humanoid waste is the liberal's expert????????? on the economy? What a joke :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:http://dailycurrant.com/2013/03/06/paul ... ankruptcy/ This humanoid waste is the liberal's expert????????? on the economy? What a joke :!:
Yes, it was a joke. The Daily Currant is a satirical site. Edited to add: Don't feel too embarrassed, you weren't the only one who was taken in. Several news sites reported it as a straight news story.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »