Other elections 2012

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Other elections 2012

Post by Kristatos »

Neo Nazis and :frwl:s elected in Greece. Scary, but not unexpected. Extremist parties tend to thrive in times of austerity.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Other elections 2012

Post by carl stromberg »

Do you think Greece should leave the euro?

Shoe lift Sarkosyi lost the French Presidency.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:Do you think Greece should leave the euro?

I'm probably not the best person to ask regarding economics. I wouldn't be to sorry to see the euro break apart, though. It was always for the benefit of bug business and finance rather than ordinary Europeans, whose only real benefit was not having to change currencies when they go on holiday.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:

I'm probably not the best person to ask regarding economics. I wouldn't be to sorry to see the euro break apart, though. It was always for the benefit of bug business and finance rather than ordinary Europeans, whose only real benefit was not having to change currencies when they go on holiday.
When it first happened I thought the Euro was a great idea, today it shows the danger of connecting economies.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I'm done with Obama he showed what kind of politician he is this week outright lying about his spending record. Some how Bsuh spent trillions of dollars Obama signed off on :roll: One thing for an idiot reporter to write a column about this using DNC talking points and charts, another for the pres to stand there smugly declaring he isn't what he is and he damned well knows it! :cuss: The only people getting rich in teh Obama economy are the bundles, may not be fair to Obama but right now I'm POed about this. Its like them deleting millions of jobs form the market to make the unemployment numbers look good. Right now I'll take a cold Mormon robot over this cold spendthrift one.

Also I'm a little upset that he was telling Europeans not to push austerity, this si the one thing we know they need to do to keep their economies afloat and keep the world from another recession.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dr. No has seen enough :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Agree........agree.......agree........Oh-bama stares into the camera and talks out of both sides of his mouth just like lying Bill Clinton did and Hillary still does. Remember her account of sniper fire getting off the helicopter in Afghanistan? It turned out to be a total lie :!: Mitt......Mitt.....what I love Dr. No is your now PASSION against this corrupt 2 faced lying drone in the White House. Spread the word. Once the Supreme Court declares his health care law unconstitutional he will have more egg on his face and Kagan never recused herself from this case to boot after helping him craft it. If it deemed legal, Mitt has to repeal it with Congress for if enacted it will destroy the hiring market for jobs in 2014 and beyond while expanding Medicaid and cutting Medicaire with unfunded state mandates. Saturday, May 26, 2012:The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows Mitt Romney earning 45% of the vote and President Obama attracting 44% support. Five percent (5%) would vote for a third party candidate, while another six percent (6%) are undecided.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Dr. No wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

When it first happened I thought the Euro was a great idea, today it shows the danger of connecting economies.
I think once Greece leave the Euro, it will be a domino effect. Spain will leave, then Italy, and so on. I've heard a rumour that the former currencies of all European countries in the Euro have already been printed (Spanish pesatas, Greek Drachmas, etc.) Scary if true.... :shock:

Once this happens, God knows what it spells for the UK and the rest of the world for that matter. This recession keeps going from bad to worse.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

You cannot build pillars of financial strength when you spend more than you take in........year after year after year after year................................. :nukes:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Sweeney wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

I think once Greece leave the Euro, it will be a domino effect. Spain will leave, then Italy, and so on. I've heard a rumour that the former currencies of all European countries in the Euro have already been printed (Spanish pesatas, Greek Drachmas, etc.) Scary if true.... :shock:

Once this happens, God knows what it spells for the UK and the rest of the world for that matter. This recession keeps going from bad to worse.
Spain is so impoverishment it is scary, I saw a show on this a few years ago, 2 or 3 generations :shock: getting up to get in line at 3am in front of government offices to renew the unemployment.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I hate the EU and the euro because the people who run it are a bunch of fanatics who are always in a rush to integrate European nations (often using crooked methods) rather than let thing evolve naturally, even though this causes political and financial problems as can be seen with the euro crisis.
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

James Bond lookalike Tony Abbott is the new Australian Prime Minister.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:James Bond lookalike Tony Abbott is the new Australian Prime Minister.
Jusdging by this clip, I think his campaign song must have been Am I a Man or Am I a Muppet?

[video][/video]
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats are going to get an overall majority in Germany! The Liberals don't get into parliament.

Also are the Golden Dawn in Greece going to be banned?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats are going to get an overall majority in Germany! The Liberals don't get into parliament.

Also are the Golden Dawn in Greece going to be banned?
It looks that way. There is strong evidence linking them to the murder of a Greek anti-fascist rapper.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Euro Elections this month. I'm sick of reading about UKIP!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I wonder if the Greens will beat the Lib Dems into fourth?
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I voted today in the European Parliament elections. I could barely lift the ballot paper which about 18 parties on it!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:I voted today in the European Parliament elections. I could barely lift the ballot paper which about 18 parties on it!
I wasn't counting, but there were about 12 on mine, including one called An Independence From Europe, who appear to be the Judean People's Front to UKIP's People's Front of Judea. Splitters!

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:I voted today in the European Parliament elections. I could barely lift the ballot paper which about 18 parties on it!
I wasn't counting, but there were about 12 on mine, including one called An Independence From Europe, who appear to be the Judean People's Front to UKIP's People's Front of Judea. Splitters!

I had a look on wikipedia and there were 15 different parties in the south east constituency.

The ex-UKIP man who set up An Indepedence from Europe as a spoiler did a good job coming up with the name - he must have put lots of thought into it!
Bring back Bond!
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I saw a weird get out the vote ad from poland I think, it was about everyone voting so the EU parliament represents them. Is this a big deal in the EU?