The 10 regions of American politics

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

The 10 regions of American politics

Post by Kristatos »

This is an old post from the website strangemaps.com, but I found it quite interesting. It goes beyond the usual red state/blue state dichotomy to give a more detailed breakdown of regional variations in US politics.

More information can be found here.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Re: The 10 regions of American politics

Post by katied »

Spot on(especially parts of California, Texas and the Southwest(and Florida) being in El Norte.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Parts of that map are definitely wrong. Some of the El Norte zones in the west are deep in Indian reservations. Voting on the Res tend to be heavily democratic leaning. I don't know how it works some tribes have chapterhouses others I imagine have similar ways of gathering to vote. There was a scandal years back where a few Indians were paid to vote, and register to vote, what happened was they would vote at one pace then drive sometimes a hundred miles to vote at another place, they got caught when they tried to pull it off in very small community where nobody recognized them and they didn't look like the right (local) clans.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Incidentally, I should add that strangemaps.com (edit: or http://bigthink.com/blogs/strange-maps as it is now called) is a brilliant site. I'm always fascinated by maps, for some reason, and the site showcases maps that are a bit different from the ones you normally find in atlases of the world.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig