Noel Gallagher - Britain was better under Thatcher

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Noel Gallagher - Britain was better under Thatcher

Post by The Sweeney »

Following the release of The Iron Lady, starring Meryl Streep as former Prime Minister Magaret Thatcher, it seems a topical subject to discuss her era these days. Now former Oasis rock star Noel Gallagher has offered his opinion on her reign, which surprisingly he says Britain was better under the former Prime Minister.

‘We were brought up under Thatcher,’ Noel Gallagher said. ‘There was a work ethic – if you were unemployed, the obsession was to find work. Now, these kids brought up under the Labour Party and whatever this Coalition thing is, it’s like, “Forget that, I’m not interested. I wanna be on TV.” It was a different mindset back then.’

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/02/05/noe ... -thatcher/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Noel Gallagher - Britain was better under Thatcher

Post by Kristatos »

"Ah, I remember the good old days". Noel is getting old.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Noel Gallagher - Britain was better under Thatcher

Post by Dr. No »

With the riots this last year in england and the occupiers here I can't disagree what there is something wrong with how the last generation was raised. These kid have it pretty darn good and they're mad because of student loans or whatever. I don't know if we as a people could survive another great depression the most recent children to grow up don't seem to have a backbone of steel. If they do not get the latest iphone (pretty damned expensive too), the newest tech gadget they go berserk.

But going in to WWII it was popular concession that the greatest generation was soft. :?: So who knows, I can't see the occupiers actually doing anything worth a d**n to save their own lives as a people I think we got too compliance in the good times. We raise out kids to be something more give them all we can to teach them the best way. Some day it will be on them to make the hard decisions on that day they might not have the resolve and take short cuts, I am worried that in the not too distant future society is going to change in bad way it will be our children to make the decision, I hope they find the resolve they need to make the tough choices to do the right thing not just what feels right at the moment. Too much is made of the poeple who do what feels right to them, tv glorifies these people adn the people who return the sack of money that fell off a armored turck are ignored.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.