US Election 2012

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: US Election 2012

Post by bjmdds »

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... -September
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I'll believe it when I see it. There were rumors about Clinton and Buddhist monks too.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No......believe it now: http://www.examiner.com/article/gai-rep ... -donations http://campaignfundingrisks.com/wp-cont ... erable.pdf Where is the media coverage today? The GAI plans to submit copies of the report to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Justice, and several state attorney generals for review.

The report’s findings are especially troubling for President Obama, who has repeatedly denounced the alleged influence of foreign funds in U.S. elections.

“I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, and worse, by foreign entities,” he said during his 2010 State of the Union Address.

The GAI report appears to provide amble impetus for a Congressional investigation in Obama’s campaign activities, something that could pose serious problems for the president if he is elected to a second term. http://freebeacon.com/report-foreign-na ... -campaign/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Welcome to the first post-Citizen's United election. There are no longer any limits on how much "speech" someone can buy, or on who can buy it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In my opinion, cap funding of Presidential campaigns to $200 million and that is all that should be allowed to be spent by law, from September 1 through election day in November. In addition, have 5 Presidential debates(no town hall forums because they plant questions ahead of time) and 2 Vice presidential debates. That's it........then vote. NO spending over $200 million on any Presidential campaign should be allowed. http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-1 ... grich-says Romney up by 4 in Pew Poll.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/27 ... ew-global/ Check this out Dr. No. You won't believe this nonsense. Oh-bama has not mentioned it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

RCP Average 9/26 - 10/7 -- -- 47.9 47.4 Obama +0.5 RCP poll now in line with Rasmussen......dead even. We knew the other polls were BS all along.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:Welcome to the first post-Citizen's United election. There are no longer any limits on how much "speech" someone can buy, or on who can buy it.
I say get all the money out. Unions, Banks, corporation nobody will do it instead they'll try to ban their oppositions supporters
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

bjmdds wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/27 ... ew-global/ Check this out Dr. No. You won't believe this nonsense. Oh-bama has not mentioned it.
They are always trying to do this. right up there with Black helicopters and giving the uN our second amendment rights and jurisdiction over our sea rights. Sad thing is we are about the only country left who thinks it has money left to pay any new taxes, Russia, CHina, INdia, Japan, Canada, will not do a alleged UN Tax, South America , Europe, africa,everyone else in the world is broke. We are broke too but we'll act like we are not.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kid Rock knows his onions.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

David Siegel, the owner of Westgate Resorts, sent a surprising email to his employees Monday.

It said that if President Barack Obama wins re-election and raises Siegel's taxes, he will have to lay off workers and downsize his company — or even shut it down.

"If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he wrote. "Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... ding-over/ This is exactly why those who use the AP as their news source are wasting their time. Biased left wing trash rag.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Its probably like all those famous who say if so and so wins I'm leaving the country. If obama wins and this guy cna see a way to make money he's not downsizing.

The admin lying about the 9/11/2012 has me pissed.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Biden may hold his own tonight. I doubt it after 4 years of gaffs last week he was arguing against his administration and didn't realize it.