15 reasons it's time for a new US revolution

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: 15 reasons it's time for a new US revolution

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Do you support the big O's presidency so far Kris, being in the UK now? Has the UK fallen out of love with him yet?
I think he's been a big disappointment so far. It's Tony Blair all over again - people voting for change and getting more of the same.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Correct. No different than Bush. I HOPE the new kids coming in get the fact people are fed up and want the government to be of the people, by the people and for the people. Bush gave it to you straight, whether you liked him or hated him. Clinton and the big O try games to get through their presidencies and we the people see right through them. The people here were duped by the big O but not me. I knew this guy's ilk from the start and the charade he and Hillary put on is a farce. She will resign in December as Secretary of State IF the house and senate go republican.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Correct. No different than Bush. I HOPE the new kids coming in get the fact people are fed up and want the government to be of the people, by the people and for the people. Bush gave it to you straight, whether you liked him or hated him. Clinton and the big O try games to get through their presidencies and we the people see right through them. The people here were duped by the big O but not me. I knew this guy's ilk from the start and the charade he and Hillary put on is a farce. She will resign in December as Secretary of State IF the house and senate go republican.
I've seen it compared to a good cop/bad cop routine, though a better metaphor for the Dems might be one of those "greenwashing" companies that sticks an Organic Fairtrade label on their cheap instant coffee to try and win over ethical consumers. The Republicans are completely open about the fact that they are a billionaire's club and don't give a s**t about 99% of the people who vote for them, while the Democrats pretend to be on the side of the little guy, but are bought and paid for by exactly the same corporate interests that own the Republicans. That's why I keep on about America needing a viable third party or parties - though who's to say they won't be bought off too? The whole rotten system need reforming. Giving all the lobbyists a one way ticket to the Cayman Islands to hang out with Ken Lay would be a start.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig