Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Quits

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Quits

Post by Goldeneye »

LA Times
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she won't seek reelection

Sarah Palin, the GOP’s embattled former vice presidential candidate, will not run again for governor of Alaska, prompting speculation that she is considering a presidential race in 2012.

Palin made the announcement at her hometown of Wasilla.

[Update: At a news conference before the Fourth of July weekend, Palin said she would step aside as governor and be replaced by Lt. Governor Sean Parnell, according to local television reports. Palin took no questions.]

-- Michael Muskal
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Quits

Post by Kristatos »

Reckon there's a scandal about to emerge. First Sanford, now Palin. I'm beginning to wonder if one of the 2012 Republican Presidential hopefuls (Romney?) isn't nobbling potential rivals.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Re: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Quits

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Well it is not like her party gave her any backup. She was the first under the bus after McCain lost and McCain lost because he wouldn't fight for it. Not against Obama anyway. She was about the only interesting thing to happen in the 2008 election cycle aside form Obama and probably they only reason a lot of republicans held their nose and voted for McCain. McCain was the candidate they didn't want.

Now that Palin is quitting and running away I think it hurts her viability in the future and I fully expect a scandal to break in the next 30 days.

It could just be that she is sick and tired of all the BS and wants to quit for her own reasons. However I doubt that. Something shocking has got to come from this.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming