McCain makes surprise pick of woman governor for VP

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Who picked the better VP? (Which VP choice helps their parties nominee best)

Obama/Biden
22%
McCain/Palin
78%

Total votes: 9

Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: McCain makes surprise pick of woman governor for VP

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:Maybe I'm one of the few, but I wasn't that impressed by Palin's speech. I thought Fred Thompson was far more inspiring than anything out of the RNC.
You're not one of the few. There is a big disconnect between the media's oohing and aahing over the speech and what their readers have been saying in the comboxes of newspaper websites.
I didn't hear the whole thing, its been cherry picked and plastered everywhere.
I think part of the fascination is she is new to this game, we know all of the player since the 2006 when some of them started to run.

She had to make two great speeches adn to her base she has done it. Now we get teh debates and real on the road experience, which she doesn't have IMHO.

From the clips of DNC spokespeople she did enough to impress them, so no more easy rides,.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Palin family remind me of the Beverley Hillbillies. If McCain wins they'll all move into the White House. :lol:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:She had to make two great speeches and to her base she has done it. Now we get the debates and real on the road experience, which she doesn't have IMHO.

From the clips of DNC spokespeople she did enough to impress them, so no more easy rides,.
Funny you should say that. I read this morning that her handlers are imposing stringent conditions on any journalist granted the privilege of interviewing her. The only interviews she's got lined up are a series of puff pieces on ABC hosted by Charles Gibson OBN. Reminds me of Blair's early years when he would only talk to people like Des O'Connor.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote:She had to make two great speeches and to her base she has done it. Now we get the debates and real on the road experience, which she doesn't have IMHO.

Funny you should say that. I read this morning that her handlers are imposing stringent conditions on any journalist granted the privilege of interviewing her. The only interviews she's got lined up are a series of puff pieces on ABC hosted by Charles Gibson OBN. Reminds me of Blair's early years when he would only talk to people like Des O'Connor.
They all do it. Obama went to Oprah before he got within a mile of o'reilly.
They all take the easy rout, like Larry king (still;) ) alive.

IMO they can't do that for much longer, she has to come out and prove herself to be viable as VP before October.

Talking of people in line for the presidency,Nancy Pelosi & Robert (kkk officer) Byrd are the next 2 in line after the VP :shock:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.