Oh-bama

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Bellvue is in Manhattan on the east side in Midtown. I will stay clear of Manhattan now for a while. This is all because of Oh-bama big O, the CDC is just his puppet. If he restricted flights from West Africa a month ago, this doctor never would have been allowed back to this country to infect people. Another muslim convert was shot dead by NYC police today as well after he tried to kill them with a hatchet in the middle of the street :!: Muslim killers and ebola are affecting too many USA citizens now ALL thanks to the crumb in the White House who should be thrown out of office for incompetence. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Oh-bama

Post by Kristatos »

I have moved these posts here from the General Discussion thread - I don't know that this is necessarily the best place for it, but there isn't a dedicated Ebola thread, and since BJ mentioned Obama, this seemed to be the next-best thing.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

With some lawmakers predicting a sweeping executive order on immigration from President Barack Obama after the Nov. 4 elections, one federal agency is already making plans to hire a vendor to crank out up to 34 million blank green cards to accommodate an expected surge in immigrants in 2016.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has published a draft solicitation for a contractor capable of producing 4 million cards a year for five years — and 9 million in the early stages — that would allow immigrants to live and work in the country.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I don't know Obama is responsible for this new Ebola outbreak in New York. Even if the travel ban was in place this guy was a doctor who would be allowed back.
I do think the CDC is playing CYA by trying to scapegoat the nurses in Texas.

Two things IMHO are adding to the crisis is I believe the powers that be are playing down the ease of transmission, not wanting travel bans and other things. Makes sense not to contribute to the panic many feel about this.
Then we get the arrogant people like that Snyderman woman who needed to be off the streets thinks she knows better and her wants mean more than a potential threat to than anybody elses life.

On the other hand I am amazed only two nurses have been contaminated and so far their families and friends are safe, along with that poor guy who died, his family is ok as well.
However if New York has an outbreak the nation as a whole will be exposed as well because New York is a hub for travel.
If this gets any bigger they will regret putting a political appointee as a Czar.

Why do we even need a Czar? Shouldn't there be a agency besides the CDC whos job it is to manage these kinds of crisis?

Only solution is get a vaccine ready, we know there are some prototypes and other things the fda blocked so let get them in production. Help Africa, help us too.

I'd buy a proven ebloa vaccine for my kids if it was at all affordable so I think the companies can recoop their cost and make a profit so we can get it to Africa for next to nothing.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The people calling for a ban on direct flights from the three West African countries where the outbreak occurred are missing one tiny little detail. There aren't any.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I knew BJ would be a fan of Farage and UKIP. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:up: :up: :up:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I don't know if I've become disillusioned with the process or if it has always been like this. Listing to local level politicians they are spewing the same crap we get on the national level.
In neighboring senatorial races bigs shots like the Clinton's and VP Biden are making the rounds getting the base excited, when I listen to their words I can't believe they actually believe any of the urgency they are trying to get their loyal party members to buy.

The situation Fla with two republican fighting like cats and dogs has got to be the most insidious. I feel sorry for the Dems who are supporting the guy because they actually believe in something and this guy (and his party)doesn't their goal is power. I guess it is every politicians goal however the unmasked greed especially make this election and where party candidates were sabotaged to support a pseudo independent are a little more obnoxious.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think it's always been like that. People go on about Obama's "narcissism" like it's something unique, but honestly, who other than a narcissist would look at the job of POTUS and think "I could do that? "
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:I think it's always been like that. People go on about Obama's "narcissism" like it's something unique, but honestly, who other than a narcissist would look at the job of POTUS and think "I could do that? "
:( Probably right. The Senate is full of people who believe they need to be president. John Kerry, Hillary, Obama, McCain, John Edwards, Al Gore, bob Dole, Nixon, Kennedy, LBJ. Those are just the one I can think of off the top of my head, Governors are the next group guy who think our nation can not do without them.

Funny, Bob Dole and McCain were supposed to be too old for the job, so old they'd never live to see the end of their first term, years on both are active and lucid. If Hillary runs or Liz Warren I bet them dems push back on the ageism they spread.

Listing to the rhetoric has made me turn off the tv. So many ads, the political shows full of talking points with no real thoughts in sight. One person for a low level seat is blaming their opponent for dividing the state and supports big business, and of course every dem support Obama's agenda without question :roll:

Well. Maybe the senators who voted for obamacare need to be held accountable, but that was a party line vote, a few places got kickbacks, reality was party members were required to support it no matter what. It always gets me how Repubs and Dems balm the media, talk radio, blogs, whatever for opposition to their doctrines, or party members faltering, it's the constituents who raise hell when the find out about whatever is going on that scare the politicians making them hold back. Which is what is supposed to happen.

To my mind politics was supposed to be local, not a national party run strategy.

Sort of on topic
What they hell happened to Landrieu? Calling her constituents & her state in so many words raciest and sexiest. Is this a Davy Crockett "You can go to hell -- I'm going to Texas" moment?
I think it is very unfair to trash her state in a national media spotlight, which in New York I'm sure the media assume this stereotype is right on the money. Louisiana is a odd state, proud of their history political corruption and good ol' boy networks, but also bucks the status quo. Landrieu used her family's name and gold ol' boy status to hold her seat since 1997, (those sexiest SOBs! )
Obama may have lost the state twice (he faired about the same as Gore and Kerry) but the state does swing between Repub and dem, they loved them some Bill Clinton. Of the deep south states Louisianan is more progressive and has been with a more diverse population since the founding.

IMO she is angry she is about to lose her seat, probably in run off in dec. But she is losing her seat because her people are angry with her, she ought to accept their judgment with some dignity. She put party political ahead of the state, although is she had got the amendment to make Obama's health care promises law and something like the pipeline, then she might be looking at an easy win.
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video] Under the law residents can print ballots from their home computers and turn them over to “collectors” to be submitted.
That turned out not to be true.
bjmdds wrote:Bellvue is in Manhattan on the east side in Midtown. I will stay clear of Manhattan now for a while. This is all because of Oh-bama big O, the CDC is just his puppet. If he restricted flights from West Africa a month ago, this doctor never would have been allowed back to this country to infect people. Another muslim convert was shot dead by NYC police today as well after he tried to kill them with a hatchet in the middle of the street :!: Muslim killers and ebola are affecting too many USA citizens now ALL thanks to the crumb in the White House who should be thrown out of office for incompetence. Image
Kristatos wrote:The people calling for a ban on direct flights from the three West African countries where the outbreak occurred are missing one tiny little detail. There aren't any.
I was going to point that out. There are zero direct flights between the US and ebola affected countries.

Is it too soon to say that this was a media frenzy over not very much? Obviously very sad for Africans who have died, but many times as many people die from common flu every year (and ebola is much less contagious). The infection rates seem to be declining in the affected countries as well.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Problem Eliminator wrote: I was going to point that out. There are zero direct flights between the US and ebola affected countries.

Is it too soon to say that this was a media frenzy over not very much? Obviously very sad for Africans who have died, but many times as many people die from common flu every year (and ebola is much less contagious).
Great minds think alike: Image
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Looks like the repubs are taking the senate. Even the hard states are going over. I'm glad the repub turned dem in FL looks to have lost and Scott Brown who walked over the boarder to run after losing in his home state
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

It seems like much ado about nothing. Theres virtually nothing that congress can pass that will override a veto. Committee chairmanships are the biggest change.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I was right about this crumb all along and here is the proof out of the mouth of the architect of Obama's NON-affordable health care debacle: [video][/video]
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

It's what was learned from the Hillary-Care disaster.

Both parties believe the only reason (insert pet cause here) fails is only because the people are too stupid to understand it's good for them and the dems in particular believe if they force people to do it they will like it eventually.

Obama the reason the dems lost the midterm elections in a landslide all he took away form it was 2/3rds didn't vote and if they had they'd agree with him :roll:
By that logic the 8 million who got Obama care mean 312 million do not want it and are against it. The changes coming to other plans people have form their jobs are coming and I'd bet the next congress will have a bunch of "fixes" so people don't have to change coverage and old plans being updated don't automatically get canceled in favor of Obamacare policies. It was probably the one thing the party learned form the election. If Landrieu had got the obamacare fix she proposed she might have won outright instead of waiting to lose in a runoff.

I think politicians and groups like unions and others need to not blindly support one party. As parties exist now they have a nationalized agenda, politicians and other groups should force the parties to woo for support, the way it exists now the parties can force their members to do just about anything by holding back support and other favors. The rupubs are bragging now how they hand picked the candidates and scared off the others by refusing to support them, maybe its a good thing for them, but to me it kills the natural progression of the people who run for office.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Oh-bama LIED about his health care law and where is the liberal media to confront him with this proof? :fight: :cuss:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Thinking about Obamacare on this fine chilly morning. New poll says more disprove than approve of it than earlier this year the reporter took great pains to add the pollster said it's unlikely to be repealed. OK I get these kind of polls are red meat for the right wing attack dogs. Still where does the pollster get off declaring it will not be repealed? (It's not like we've never had bad laws passed to change, repeal, replace them)

It's similar to some of the left leaning think tanks that said the same since 8 million are using Obamacare plans. Never mind 10-15 million who were kicked off their plans. Some of the growth numbers for next year I suspect are based on those plans grandfathered in temporally being canceled and those people buying a new Obama plan.

Forgetting about the politics of the law I believe the courts may have more to say about this since Gurber ran his mouth off bragging how he was so smart he lied to the American people. Even if he was a small part of the bill he by saying what he did they way he did puts Obamacare on shaky legal legs. A legal contract entered into under such fraudulent means would never stand up in court, but even more important is the supreme court tends to support majority view, elections matter to the court more than we think.

Yes we are used to our lawmakers being crooks and deceiving us to pass a bill, especially on that make their friends richer. People behind the law saying they deceived everyone every step of the way that is a different kettle of fish.

Lesson to congress never hire a guy named after a Die Hard bad guy, or Bond bad guy but the Bond bad guys names are more obvious. ;)