US Presidential election 2020

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Re: US Presidential election 2020

Postby bjmdds » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:40 am

One additional item relates to Biden’s integrity. In the fascinating biography of Teamsters and Mafia hit-man Frank Sheeran, “I Heard You Paint Houses,” the lifelong thug describes a favor he performed while he was president of Teamsters Local 326 in Wilmington, Delaware. In 1972 Sheeran received a visit from “a very prominent lawyer” he knew who was “very big in the Democratic Party” in Delaware. The November general election was approaching, and the race for the U.S. Senate seat held by a Republican was expected to be close. The lawyer wanted help in preventing the distribution of a paid Republican political ad – an insert in the Delaware-wide newspapers – that would run for a week and expose the campaign misrepresentations by the Democratic challenger. Sheeran promised the operative that he “would hire some people and put them on the picket line.” He added, “People nobody would mess with.”The picket line went up, the papers were not delivered all week, and, as Sheeran said, “The day after the election the informational picket line came down, and the newspaper went back to normal and Delaware had a new United States Senator.” His name was Joe Biden. Thereafter, said admitted extortionist, thief and murderer Sheeran, of Biden, “You could reach out for him, and he would listen.” [Emphasis added.] The Vice President of the United States got his job as U.S. Senator with help from a Mafia hit-man and Delaware Teamster boss.
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby bjmdds » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:05 pm

In 2014, the Congressional Budget Office forecast that the proportion of people ages 16 and up either working or looking for work — often called the participation rate — would be just 62.5 percent by the end of 2017 and would decline thereafter. Instead, the figure reached 63.2 percent in January, a five-year high :!: :clap:
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby Kristatos » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Omega, don't you live in Colorado? I was wondering what you thought of this Hickenlooper guy who's running for President. All I really know about him is that he has a hilarious surname.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Omega » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:55 am

He’s a serious democratic player. Many thought he would be a better VP choice possibly top of the ticket choice in 2016.

Personally I hate him. His gun control laws particularly. He’s part of the north eastern Denver centric control of the state, the population centers rule generally against the will of the rest of the state, ranchers and farmers that make up much of the rest of the state.
Imported liberals who flock to Aspen and Denver tilting the state more leftward than the rest of the population. They come up with crazy laws to tackle pet projects that have little to no effect on anybody else in the rest of the state using the tax monies generated by ranchers and farmers to fuel these projects. It’s not a uncommon problem out here, population centers vs rural towns surrounded by federal parks/land and Indian reservations. Colorado 36% of the land is the federal governments, Arizona 42%, Utah 66%, New Mexico 32% I forget what the total is with reservations and state land, but large chunks of these states are not going to ever be built up or used to grow rural areas. Nevada and Utah are basically occupied territory controlled by the federal government.
Guess my point was large uninhabited none voting areas make it easier for even slight population centers to rule from the state capital unopposed.

But Hickenlooper is a serious player in politics out here and he’ll get a lot of support from tech billionaires to at least get him started on the big stage, personally I think he’ll fail in other state primaries in the rust and Bible Belt because of his far left policies, who knows how much carnage these power hungry Democrats are going to cause devouring their own, Hickenlooper might be the best choice for them even if he fails on a national stage. He certainly would have performed better than Hillary or Tim kain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past