Bond breaking through that wall was realistic...

stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Bond breaking through that wall was realistic...

Post by stockslivevan »

Because even my little sister could run through that dry wall. :P

Now it seems a few voices have complained about this bit "Oh no! How dare they have Bond run through a wall!" What is wrong with that? It's not like he's running through concrete, he's running through a drywall, easily breakable as a cardboard. If it wasn't that was it just the fact that he breaks through a wall instead of taking his precious time to look for a door to walk through so he could open and close it with a little wink to the audience? If I was chasing a bomber, I'll do whatever I can to get the Bas***d.

Because if Connery can break through a paper wall in Japan and not get any flack for that, I don't see why Craig should get any for breaking through something my sister could also do.
Commander 0077
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Commander 0077 »

I've seen the film only once, so this is just a very general question.

Does Bond know that that the drywall is only a drywall? ie, does he know if anything -- studs -- are behind it? If it's a finished wall, then it would certainly have to front a frame. At the very least, the only way drywall can be supported is by a frame; but this is illogical, making a very weak wall suitable only for kids to crash through! :lol: That could start a trend -- houses built only with drywall. Mommy! I'm mad! I'm going outside! CRASH!!!

"Dear, would you get another drywall from the garage? Tabitha has done it again." :cry:
You move very well for a dead man, Mr Bond
Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!
2 007
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Commander 0077 wrote:I've seen the film only once, so this is just a very general question.

Does Bond know that that the drywall is only a drywall? ie, does he know if anything -- studs -- are behind it?
"Does it look like I give a d**n?"
James1090
Lieutenant

Post by James1090 »

stockslivevan wrote:
Commander 0077 wrote:I've seen the film only once, so this is just a very general question.

Does Bond know that that the drywall is only a drywall? ie, does he know if anything -- studs -- are behind it?
With this response what do you think about them getting rid of the shaken not stirred quote?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

James1090 wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:

With this response what do you think about them getting rid of the shaken not stirred quote?
Okay, so you're a secret agent assigned to stop a man from winning over a hundred million dollars because he'll fund it to terrorism, not to mention that the money your government has put up to have you play in the game could be a part of that amount. You loose the game and you're frozen in frustration and regret. So do you really think you'd give a d**n whether your martini is shaken or stirred after going through that?

There has never been a rule set in stone that Bond MUST always have it shaken, not stirred, no matter what the circumstances. The line has been bended before even 40 years ago in You Only Live Twice, when Bond is given a martini and Henderson says "That's stirred, not shaken, was I correct?" and Bond replies "Perfect" just to be polite since he's trying to get information that could help him prevent World War III from happening. No time to have the man get up and get it right for Bond because it's not even that important.

So I never got the complaint on that one either. Bond does give a d**n if it is shaken or stirred, but at times he's so frustrated and angry he won't really care about it because there's just too much going on his mind. That's a human trait. Bond is human, is he?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

stockslivevan wrote:
James1090 wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:

Okay, so you're a secret agent assigned to stop a man from winning over a hundred million dollars because he'll fund it to terrorism, not to mention that the money your government has put up to have you play in the game could be a part of that amount. You loose the game and you're frozen in frustration and regret. So do you really think you'd give a d**n whether your martini is shaken or stirred after going through that?

There has never been a rule set in stone that Bond MUST always have it shaken, not stirred, no matter what the circumstances. The line has been bended before even 40 years ago in You Only Live Twice, when Bond is given a martini and Henderson says "That's stirred, not shaken, was I correct?" and Bond replies "Perfect" just to be polite since he's trying to get information that could help him prevent World War III from happening. No time to have the man get up and get it right for Bond because it's not even that important.

So I never got the complaint on that one either. Bond does give a d**n if it is shaken or stirred, but at times he's so frustrated and angry he won't really care about it because there's just too much going on his mind. That's a human trait. Bond is human, is he?
Bond certainly was human in the novels, and some of the movies too.

Unfortunately, there is also another Bond that exists too. A Bond that nods and winks to the audience, a Bond that could be percieved as smarmy, a Bond that shows little emotion, other than a one-line quip after a life-threatening moment, a Bond whose hair is never out of place, regardless of the situation, a Bond that is smug, a Bond that wears suits regardless of the occasion, a Bond that relies on ridiculously appropiate OTT gadgets to get himself out of a situation, a Bond that doesn't get dirty and doesn't bleed.

Basically a Bond that isn't human. Fortunately EON have finally realised this, it was addressed swiftly in CR, audiences embraced it with open arms, and hopefully the trend will continue in Bond 22.
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

The Sweeney wrote:

Unfortunately, there is also another Bond that exists too. A Bond that nods and winks to the audience, a Bond that could be percieved as smarmy, a Bond that shows little emotion, other than a one-line quip after a life-threatening moment, a Bond whose hair is never out of place, regardless of the situation, a Bond that is smug, a Bond that wears suits regardless of the occasion, a Bond that relies on ridiculously appropiate OTT gadgets to get himself out of a situation, a Bond that doesn't get dirty and doesn't bleed.

Basically a Bond that isn't human. Fortunately EON have finally realised this, it was addressed swiftly in CR, audiences embraced it with open arms, and hopefully the trend will continue in Bond 22.
YAWN!!!!!!!
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

The Sweeney wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:
James1090 wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:

I find it quite amazing that after Austin Powers in 1997 and 1999, EON makes a Bond film that features OTT stuff like a giant freakin' laser in outer space and Bond basically being a superhuman who can still be 100% active even after 14 months of torture. Granted Craig's Bond took a nail and had cardiac arrest, but I'll take that with a grian of salt since he never did go beyond anything SuperBrosnan did in Die Another Day such as swiming off of Hong Kong harbor after 14 months of torture and cardiac arrest.

I mean after having Austin Powers spoof the Bond films, you'd think EON would wanna keep away from that cliche image. Thankfully they did in 2006, even if it was four years too late. And CR was the first Bond film not to have Austin Powers come out the same year.
Last edited by stockslivevan on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Skywalker wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

YAWN!!!!!!!
You know it's true, young Skywalker..... :wink:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

What cardiac arrest? There was no cardiac arrest in DAD. CR yes, DAD no.
14 months of torture was not 14 months of a coma where he had to learn to move his little toe. mY impression wasn't he swam a bay but he took short swim and got away.

How sort memorys have become, gorss generalizations about the past stories ignoring how beat up those Bonds got.

Do we really need another piss on Brosnan/Connery/Lazenby/Moore/Dalton thread?
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Dr. No wrote:What cardiac arrest? There was no cardiac arrest in DAD. CR yes, DAD no.
14 months of torture was not 14 months of a coma where he had to learn to move his little toe. mY impression wasn't he swam a bay but he took short swim and got away.

How sort memorys have become, gorss generalizations about the past stories ignoring how beat up those Bonds got.

Correction - piss on Moore/Brosnan thread..... :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:What cardiac arrest? There was no cardiac arrest in DAD.
Yes there was, the scene where Bond stops his own heart (a trick he obviously learned from Derek Flint).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Dr. No wrote:14 months of torture was not 14 months of a coma where he had to learn to move his little toe. mY impression wasn't he swam a bay but he took short swim and got away.
14 months of torture and sitting in a room isn't going to get you far. You've got to exercise your body if you're gonna be running and swimming a lot like a OO-agent. The human body is fragile, lying down on your bed for 24 hours then getting up you'll feel sore. If they wanted to make it believable in DAD they could have given Bond rehabilitation before giving him back his OO status.
Who's pissing on Connery, Lazenby and Dalton? Not me. :) Although I would on Lazenby for being too young for the role, but he did kick more ass then Brosnan could. And I would piss on Connery if we were talking YOLT. But besides those eras, I like those Bonds a lot, especially Connery and Dalton.