Too old for rookie Bond
6%
Lacks charisma
11%
Too short
4%

Total votes: 72

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Main reason why Craig is not Bond..

Post by bjmdds »

The Gong Station wrote:There are no reasons why he can be James Bond. About the only Bond type feature Daniel Craig has is that he is an Englishman.

In the poll I voted for lacks Bond essence.
Hello Gong! Ring some bells here! :cheers:
Dalton exMI6
New Recruit

Post by Dalton exMI6 »

I have recently arrived here after being savaged by members of another popular forum that should rename themselves Home Of Daniel Craig.

You can criticise any past Bond, but, say the truth about Craggers and they will join forces to discredit you.

Daniel Craig is a stain on our national reputation abroad. My wife who is Colombian reacted with a shriek like cold water had been poured over her. She saw it how it is. She said James Bond is famous for being handsome and sophisticated. Her words in Spanish were "Tan feo" which means so ugly. I then showed her Dalton and she was blowing kisses at him. She said that's James Bond.

The reason critics love Craig, is because he looks like them.

When I see Craig as Bond, I feel ashamed to be British!!!

The last true Bond is Brosnan, and Goldeneye is better than the four Craggy films.

My favourite Bond is Dalton and love the others. But the praise heaped on Craig is beyond belief.

And Craig never talks about his predecessors. Brosnan and Dalton did. Old Bond felt like family.

I am rereading the Fleming novels and found Craig in From Russia With Love. He is Red Grant and a common thug. Because some so called fans say Craig is the Bond of the books. Yes, and horse manure has the fragrance of roses.

Is it me or has any sense of logic or critical thinking gone out of the window?

This is a betrayal of Cubby Broccoli and the franchise is dead!
[font=Tahoma]Craig is the Bond of austerity. Severe cuts in the looks and charisma department.[/font]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Welcome Dalton and climb aboard the anti-Cr-egg train!!!!!
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalton exMI6
New Recruit

Post by Dalton exMI6 »

bjmdds wrote:Welcome Dalton and climb aboard the ant-Cr-egg train!!!!!
Much appreciated. I should have joined here years ago. Acknowledging Craggy devalues the classic Bonds.

I wish I could send Craig in a time machine to a Broccoli /Saltzman 1968 audition, just to arguably witness their open mouth reaction.
[font=Tahoma]Craig is the Bond of austerity. Severe cuts in the looks and charisma department.[/font]
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Dalton exMI6 wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Welcome Dalton and climb aboard the ant-Cr-egg train!!!!!
Much appreciated. I should have joined here years ago. Acknowledging Craggy devalues the classic Bonds.

I wish I could send Craig in a time machine to a Broccoli /Saltzman 1968 audition, just to arguably witness their open mouth reaction.
I'd PAY to see that.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

They would throw tomatoes at the ogre and tell him 'stage door left, get the hell out of here!' :lol:
Dalton exMI6
New Recruit

Post by Dalton exMI6 »

bjmdds wrote:They would throw tomatoes at the ogre and tell him 'stage door left, get the hell out of here!' :lol:
This site sees it how Cubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman saw it. Craig might have got the part of the toilet attendant .

Bond has to be a man who one does not see in everyday life. And he has to be a man that can be appreciated by any culture.

How some Bond fans delude themselves that Cubby Broccoli was a charity and would have loved Craig. They imply as if making money was his sole motivation and that is untrue.

Having read his autobiography When The Snow Melts, he wanted the best look available. He would not have let go of Brosnan as easily as Michael Wilson and Babs did.