6%
Lacks charisma
11%
Too short
4%

Total votes: 72

The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: Main reason why Craig is not Bond..

Post by The Sweeney »

Napoleon Solo wrote: Here's what I'm saying: If a fan likes one actor, they'll praise aspects of that actor's movie yet may criticize the same, or similar, aspect of a movie featuring the actor they don't like.

Certainly not me. Its all about the movie, not the actor.
Napoleon Solo wrote:
There are other examples that have nothing to do with Craig. For example, there are first-generation fans, who grew up on Connery, who still foam at the mouth about Roger Moore. It's all his fault the movies are so jokey, etc. But what about Never Say Never Again, where Connery had a lot of control (including bringing in writers to redo the script) and it ended up jokey? "It's not Sean's fault!" etc. I think it's fairly common that fans are sometimes inconsistent. I also know I'm not going to change that but I may still point out the inconsistencies every once in a while.
Connery is probably still my favourite Bond, yet I don't particularly like either YOLT or NSNA. I think they are both fairly naff. I really like Craig as Bond but I'm not overly impressed with QoS.

So for me its not really to do with the actor, but more the movie itself. Stick Craig in DAD and I would have still hated it, stick Brozza in CR and I would have still loved it.
I don't know why Bond fans put so much emphasis on the actor, when for me the most important factor has always been the movie. It just so happens I find Brozza's 4 films utterly dreadful, hence why I tarnish him with the same brush.
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

The Sweeney wrote:
Eye Of The Tiger wrote:DC and BB, you've ruined the once proud franchise. Cubby would be ashamed of you both.
Welcome back Tiger.
With regards Cubby being ashamed of the franchise, I don't think so somehow. SF looks like it could actually be the biggest ever earner for a Bond movie, topping the previously unbeaten record of TB, and managed to win over the majority of critics too in the process.

If SF manages to bag a few Oscars along the way, this is game set and match to Babs I think. 50 years on, and the franchise has hardly ran out of steam. On the contrary, its bigger than ever!

I would hardly think Cubby would be ashamed right now. More than likely he would be rubbing his hands together, looking at all the cash flooding in to EON HQ.....
Thank you for the welcome back!

I honestly doubt that a Bond film will be winning an Oscar for any of the major categories anytime soon. But even if they do, what's it worth when they had to sellout to get it?

Like I mentioned, I have not seen QOS or SF. But based on everything that I've heard about them, they are as "Anti-Bond" of films as CR was, if not more-so?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Eye Of The Tiger wrote:I honestly doubt that a Bond film will be winning an Oscar for any of the major categories anytime soon. But even if they do, what's it worth when they had to sellout to get it?
Babs is nothing more than a Tyrant, and as much as I hate see this coming, The Academy may be brainwashed by this dictator.
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

It would be pretty sick to see classic Bond films like "Goldfinger," " The Spy Who loved Me" and "Goldeneye" never win an Oscar, and yet have Skyfall win one. The same goes for classic Bond actors like Connery, Moore and Brosnan not winning one, and then see the incompetent Craig win one. :evil:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Bond 23 is a boring mess of a film. It won't win best picture for sure........count on that.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Main reason(s) why he'll never be Bond?
1-Pussy
2-Traitor
3-Unpatriotic
4-Manchild
5-Careless for his duties
6-Reckless
7-Emotionally Unstable Coward
8-Unskilled in Hand-to-Hand combat (Seriously, what he does is a fake choreography, as a 12 years of practicing Ta-Chi by myself, I can tell you there are no such kind of moves as he and Bourne along with the other holleh-hoodah murican so-called modern thriller movies are doing)
9-Can't wield a pistol right.
10-Can't drive a manual car (yes, that's right. Any other fake confirmation that this is a false information is FAKE I tell ya)
11-Bisexual (mind you, I'm Catholic, so you know how does the Church view on these kind of things)
12-Behaves like a street thug.

Need I add more?
okconnery
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, parts of everything else except Craig
Favorite Movies: Help! (The Beatles)

Post by okconnery »

do you think Craig ever comes here hahaha

11-Bisexual

watch that scene from Skyfall again, notice that a look of disgust comes over Bond/Craig's face after Silva walks away from their gay little tete-a-tete, suggesting Bond was putting him on all along about his having had previous homosexual encounter(s).

Craig more or less stated that Bond is not bisexual, that it was part of the cat and mouse game with the villain (on a separate note I think screenwriter Logan is an admitted homosexual

<Bond isn't bi. At least that's what I took away from Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem's separate but equally vague responses to the erotically charged scene they share in Skyfall. On Monday, the actors took part in separate press conferences to promote the latest installment of the Bond franchise and, in both cases, questions about sexuality arose.

As Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson sat silently onstage with Craig, the actor, natty in a form-hugging suit and skinny tie, then downplayed the scene as "a great flirt. It's a game of cards," adding: "It the right thing to say, and that way that Javier plays it is so great. He plays it for real, and he plays it to the limit. He never forgets that he's playing a Bond villain."

Finally, Craig offered his final assessment: "I love that scene," he said "It makes me laugh. I hope it makes you laugh."

Earlier in the day, Bardem dropped some hints about his character that may shed a little more light on the scene. Asked how Silva's "sexuality informed [Bardem's] interpretation of the character, the actor responded; "It was part of the game, but it’s not entirely the game." Bardem explained that his "main goal" as Silva was creating "uncomfortable situations" for anyone who crossed his path. "Within that, you can read anything that you want or wish," Bardem said. "But it was more about putting the other person in a very uncomfortable situation where even James Bond doesn't know how to get out of it."

In other words, that scene between Bond and Silva isn't about sex. It's about power. Right?>

http://movieline.com/2012/10/15/james-b ... all-scene/
"don't diss me OK Connery is the theme from Operation Kid Brother"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

okconnery wrote:do you think Craig ever comes here hahaha
I doubt it, not unless he's a masochist, but in the documentary Everything or Nothing, EON did admit to having someone (probably a low-level admin person, not a Broccoli or a Wilson) monitor this site to see what we were saying about them.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

May be, may be not. But, according to some atheists this homosexuality must be spread all over the world so it can be spreaded throughout the Bond films as well. There may have been many articles as I've read all of them you just pointed that out. But I doubt it's true because Babs makes politically correct artsy movies, so that must be the case, if you know what I mean.
okconnery
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, parts of everything else except Craig
Favorite Movies: Help! (The Beatles)

Post by okconnery »

are they really considering a black bond (Elba) two films down the road after Craig's finished? then there would really be no point in calling it "Bond" anymore. Just like the Fleming family was considering a literary reboot updating Bond to a veteran of Afghanistan or Iraq wars. I don't know if that ever came to fruition ( there is a new Bond book out or coming out which is set in 1969). As long as they can keep making money on it I guess, but in those two cases I will no longer be participating.
"don't diss me OK Connery is the theme from Operation Kid Brother"
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:
I doubt it, not unless he's a masochist, but in the documentary Everything or Nothing, EON did admit to having someone (probably a low-level admin person, not a Broccoli or a Wilson) monitor this site to see what we were saying about them.
If anyone from Eon is reading this: make a nice. entertaining Bond film you miserable gits. :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

okconnery wrote:are they really considering a black bond (Elba) two films down the road after Craig's finished? then there would really be no point in calling it "Bond" anymore. Just like the Fleming family was considering a literary reboot updating Bond to a veteran of Afghanistan or Iraq wars. I don't know if that ever came to fruition ( there is a new Bond book out or coming out which is set in 1969). As long as they can keep making money on it I guess, but in those two cases I will no longer be participating.
Broccoli has gone mad OK. She has reinvented Fleming's creation into her own feminine image of what Bond should be. :down:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
If anyone from Eon is reading this: make a nice. entertaining Bond film you miserable gits. :cheers:
They don't have to. They can make a great blasphemous Bond movie and self-destruct in the long-run without even knowing it.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
I just want them to make a Bond film. No cheesy jokes, no arsty farsty hijinks, just give me a Bond Spy Thriller.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:
okconnery wrote:are they really considering a black bond (Elba) two films down the road after Craig's finished? then there would really be no point in calling it "Bond" anymore. Just like the Fleming family was considering a literary reboot updating Bond to a veteran of Afghanistan or Iraq wars. I don't know if that ever came to fruition ( there is a new Bond book out or coming out which is set in 1969). As long as they can keep making money on it I guess, but in those two cases I will no longer be participating.
Broccoli has gone mad OK. She has reinvented Fleming's creation into her own feminine image of what Bond should be. :down:
That's right!!
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Bond is no more :down: , what we're left with doesn't deserve the name.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

shaken not stirred wrote:Bond is no more :down: , what we're left with doesn't deserve the name.
Bond is not for us anymore. Try M:I-5 and Secret Service if you want the classic Bond style realm.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I enjoy the MI films and they are what Bond should be.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:I enjoy the MI films and they are what Bond should be.
Hopefully, Jim Phelp's name will be cleared in the next one, and the one played by Jon Voight has to a fake.

http://missionimpossible.wikia.com/wiki/Jim_Phelps

Actor Peter Graves had been hoping to restore honor to James Phelps's reputation before his own death, especially since actor Jonathan Wesley "Jon" Voight bore no resemblance to him and approached the role as he would have any villainous role. Some fans have done this for him by claiming that the "James Phelps" who was a character in the film starring Tom Cruise was NOT the real James Phelps.
Jedi007
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Jedi007 »

how's this forum guys.
BOND sells, NOT CRAIG
The reboot is a risky area, did Eon need to do it? NO. Did this confuse alot of people? YES.
The Bond character will always be anchored in the values of the 60s