6%
Lacks charisma
11%
Too short
4%

Total votes: 72

The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

James wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
James wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:Of course the Craig is ugly argument is a matter of opinion. I never thought you douchebags would call him a good looking Bond.
But the fact of the matter is that there are alot more people that think he makes a great and handsome Bond.

I think you lost what little credibility you had when you suggested that Timothy Dalton was the ugliest James Bond. I suppose you can probably get away with that fantasy on MI6.
Credibility? Surely it is just a matter of opinion we are talking about here.....?

I don't think it is. You can say that you believe Craig is the best actor to play Bond or you like him because it was time to try something new. That's a point of debate. But to say that Timothy Dalton was the least handsome Bond is just ridiculous.
Do you realise how narrow-minded and dense that sounds, bearing in mind the tone and subject of this website?

So you guys saying Craig is the least handsome is ok then....? That isn't just an opinion, a point of view then?
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

The Sweeney wrote:
James wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
James wrote:
Captain Nash wrote:Of course the Craig is ugly argument is a matter of opinion. I never thought you douchebags would call him a good looking Bond.
But the fact of the matter is that there are alot more people that think he makes a great and handsome Bond.

I think you lost what little credibility you had when you suggested that Timothy Dalton was the ugliest James Bond. I suppose you can probably get away with that fantasy on MI6.
Credibility? Surely it is just a matter of opinion we are talking about here.....?

I don't think it is. You can say that you believe Craig is the best actor to play Bond or you like him because it was time to try something new. That's a point of debate. But to say that Timothy Dalton was the least handsome Bond is just ridiculous.
Do you realise how narrow-minded and dense that sounds, bearing in mind the tone and subject of this website?

So you guys saying Craig is the least handsome is ok then....? That isn't just an opinion, a point of view then?

You can get away with that crap on MI6 but not here. When they cast Timothy Dalton did anyone go; "Timothy Dalton? He's fugly! He's short. He doesn't look like Bond."
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

James wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
James wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
James wrote:

You can get away with that crap on MI6 but not here. When they cast Timothy Dalton did anyone go; "Timothy Dalton? He's fugly! He's short. He doesn't look like Bond."
It is still just an opinion - not fact!! Just because a few of you on here have decided that Craig is ugly, it is still only an opinion. Nothing to do with it being on MI6, or anywhere else for the matter.

So the word hypocrite doesn't spring to mind then..... :wink:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I bet deep down you secrectly wish Craig was better looking. I know I do.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

James wrote:I bet deep down you secrectly wish Craig was better looking. I know I do.
I originally wished he had dark hair. I hope in the next one it is longer.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:I originally wished he had dark hair. I hope in the next one it is longer.
Well, he seems to want to play the emo Bond, so it would be entirely in character if, in Bond 22, he were to dye his hair (and clothes) black and start writing bad poetry.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

James wrote:I bet deep down you secrectly wish Craig was better looking. I know I do.
How on earth do you define betting looking?

Btw being tall, dark and handsome didn't do Tim Dalton much good.
He was totally ignored by the North American public for example.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again James Bond is not supposed to
be a beauty queen!!! :shock:
Commander 0077
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Commander 0077 »

Douchebags :?: G, Captain. I've had respect for you and youir views, so I hope that's just a slip. :oops:
You move very well for a dead man, Mr Bond
Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!
2 007
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Daniel Craig is not that ugly in general everyday life but he's very ugly for a James Bond. That's the difference. James Bond is supposed to be a handsome devil. That's part of the character. It's lost with Craig. Who wants to be Craig's Bond?
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Terry
Lieutenant

Post by Terry »

John Drake wrote:Daniel Craig is not that ugly in general everyday life but he's very ugly for a James Bond. That's the difference. James Bond is supposed to be a handsome devil. That's part of the character. It's lost with Craig. Who wants to be Craig's Bond?

It used to be part of the character.
English Agent

Post by English Agent »

Terry wrote:
John Drake wrote:Daniel Craig is not that ugly in general everyday life but he's very ugly for a James Bond. That's the difference. James Bond is supposed to be a handsome devil. That's part of the character. It's lost with Craig. Who wants to be Craig's Bond?

What u guys consider handsome, is not probably what someothers may consider handsome.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Terry wrote:

Hopefully it will be again in the future.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

Arthur Brain wrote:
Terry wrote:

What u guys consider handsome, is not probably what someothers may consider handsome.
Craig should not be associated with the word handsome. I accept that their are women out their that find him attractive (Strange I know), but there is no way you can call the crane jumper 'handsome'.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
English Agent

Post by English Agent »

Skywalker wrote:
Arthur Brain wrote:
Terry wrote:

Craig should not be associated with the word handsome. I accept that their are women out their that find him attractive (Strange I know), but there is no way you can call the crane jumper 'handsome'.
Does 'Mrs Skywalker' like the 'Crane Jumper' :)

EA
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Arthur Brain wrote:
Skywalker wrote:
Arthur Brain wrote:
Terry wrote:

Does 'Mrs Skywalker' like the 'Crane Jumper' :)

EA
Not at all. She prefers the Broz.

Mrs Skywalker is not a huge Bond fan, but has seen all the films. In her own opinion she felt CR to be the worst Bond film of the entire franchise and Craig just was not good looking enough.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I've added a poll.
Bring back Bond!
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Can you vote for more than one option?
English Agent

Post by English Agent »

Good idea 'Mr Stromberg'.

Like to see which category you anti-craigers go for.

Incidently, shouldn't there be a fifth category, which says 'He's OK'

Otherwise, ME, Captain Nash, Sweeney, Stocks... etc cant vote!!! :wink:

EA
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Arthur Brain wrote:Good idea 'Mr Stromberg'.

Like to see which category you anti-craigers go for.

Incidently, shouldn't there be a fifth category, which says 'He's OK'

Otherwise, ME, Captain Nash, Sweeney, Stocks... etc cant vote!!! :wink:

EA
I'm sure those 4 options appeal to you. Search your feelings EA you know it to be true.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The poll reflects the thread title. :wink:
Bring back Bond!