(Video) If the Craig era had kept the Roger Moore style

Jamesdude
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Licence to kill,Live and Let Die, OHMSS, View to a Kill,Tommorow Never Dies

(Video) If the Craig era had kept the Roger Moore style

Post by Jamesdude »

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Though this was kinda interesting. Proves Craig cant do a campy/humorous Bond
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: (Video) If the Craig era had kept the Roger Moore style

Post by The Saint 007 »

Jamesdude wrote:Proves Craig cant do a campy/humorous Bond
Not only that, but the filmmakers also seem to have difficulty with properly making a light-hearted Bond adventure.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Jamesdude wrote:Proves Craig cant do a campy/humorous Bond
Not only that, but the filmmakers also seem to have difficulty with properly making a light-hearted Bond adventure.
The thing is they DO NOT want to do it. Anything that is other than dead-serious is beneath them.
Pathetic.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I die a little inside each time someone says that Bond has to be campy. I'd rather a little humour in a Bond thriller.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I didn't say Bond movies have to be campy. But I think humor is needed. Maybe not too much but then again not too little. And Bond movies were never exactly thrillers either. TLD came closest to it. Along with FRWL.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jamesdude wrote: Though this was kinda interesting. Proves Craig cant do a campy/humorous Bond
Yeah, his one word of dialogue, "Lunch?", lands like a lead weight.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

Bond movies has to have the same formula of the pre Craig era. Humour and bit of silly thrown in.

If I want a dark, serious no nonsense spy movie. There is always Jason Bourne and... Johnny English!
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

What a terrible advert, way he said lunch was about as funny as stepping on a pin, rubbish delivery.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)