Why 007's finest days are behind him

Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Re: Why 007's finest days are behind him

Post by Countach »

Veronica wrote:
Countach wrote:
Veronica wrote:Sadly,no,I never saw Roger Moore in real life. But when someone says a "nice","approchable","friendly" famous person I just think of Moore.
Before,I was angry at EON because they casted Craig,who is totally wrong for Bond and because they changed everything about the series but now I wanna put Barbara in a mental hospital. even after Craig declared he would rayher shash his wrist than return for anothrt movie she is still saying how she will literally bring him to do another one.
Is she such a crazy fan of his?! It's like someone has washed her brain.
AND TURNING BLOFELD INTO CRAIG-BOND'S FOSTER BROTHER?!?!?!??!

I read a lot of people who met with Roger and everyone said he is the nicest celebrity they ever met. That is pretty awesome!

As for Craig, I agreed that Barbara is mental! Such harsh words from Craig and they still want to put him in another Bond movie? What did Craig do to make Barb love him so much I wonder? All I am hoping is that Craig have the decency to honor his words and get away from being Bond again! He don't have to hate being Bond because we all hated him as himself already.

As I mentioned somewhere, no one I know in person or online likes Craig as Bond, at all! None!
People I know in person aren't thrilled with him either. whats funny,there was a recent poll on Croatian forum about who should be the next James Bond and every actor who was mentioned somehow,more or less fitted the "tall,dark,handsome" type. That still shows how people didn't forget what real Bond is like.
And by a large mile Cavill came on top. While not as big a supporter as some here I do like him and would give him a chance. The problem I see is-the VAST MAJORITY(99% really) of today's actors have 0% of charisma. The "old gang" Connery,Moore,Newman,Grant etc. could eat all those clarisma-less actors that are topping "best looking men" lists for breakfast.
Only Barbara forgot Bond should be a good looking person. They are trying so hard to make James Bond as Jason Bourne! Bond has to have great look as it all started that way and someone who we guys, fantasized to be! There are a lot of actor names all over the place and while I don't agreed with some of them but still, all are better than Craig. I support Henry Cavill because he looks good, he can act and he is young. TBH, after watching Man From UNCLE, I just felt Henry should be Bond. Craig is 40 but looks as old as Micheal Caine BUT Micheal Caine at his age now looks better than Craig!

Again, I agreed with you regards to the older actor who has far more charisma than most of the good looking guys of today. Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan! These men have class!
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Countach wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Countach wrote:
Veronica wrote:Sadly,no,I never saw Roger Moore in real life. But when someone says a "nice","approchable","friendly" famous person I just think of Moore.
Before,I was angry at EON because they casted Craig,who is totally wrong for Bond and because they changed everything about the series but now I wanna put Barbara in a mental hospital. even after Craig declared he would rayher shash his wrist than return for anothrt movie she is still saying how she will literally bring him to do another one.

I read a lot of people who met with Roger and everyone said he is the nicest celebrity they ever met. That is pretty awesome!

As for Craig, I agreed that Barbara is mental! Such harsh words from Craig and they still want to put him in another Bond movie? What did Craig do to make Barb love him so much I wonder? All I am hoping is that Craig have the decency to honor his words and get away from being Bond again! He don't have to hate being Bond because we all hated him as himself already.

As I mentioned somewhere, no one I know in person or online likes Craig as Bond, at all! None!
People I know in person aren't thrilled with him either. whats funny,there was a recent poll on Croatian forum about who should be the next James Bond and every actor who was mentioned somehow,more or less fitted the "tall,dark,handsome" type. That still shows how people didn't forget what real Bond is like.
And by a large mile Cavill came on top. While not as big a supporter as some here I do like him and would give him a chance. The problem I see is-the VAST MAJORITY(99% really) of today's actors have 0% of charisma. The "old gang" Connery,Moore,Newman,Grant etc. could eat all those clarisma-less actors that are topping "best looking men" lists for breakfast.
Only Barbara forgot Bond should be a good looking person. They are trying so hard to make James Bond as Jason Bourne! Bond has to have great look as it all started that way and someone who we guys, fantasized to be! There are a lot of actor names all over the place and while I don't agreed with some of them but still, all are better than Craig. I support Henry Cavill because he looks good, he can act and he is young. TBH, after watching Man From UNCLE, I just felt Henry should be Bond. Craig is 40 but looks as old as Micheal Caine BUT Micheal Caine at his age now looks better than Craig!

Again, I agreed with you regards to the older actor who has far more charisma than most of the good looking guys of today. Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan! These men have class!
Cregg is 47, not 40...
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Countach wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Countach wrote:

What I find fo be great is how they all have charisma but in a slightly different ways IMO.Connery has that animal charisma that you can not miss even if you don't have half of brain. Moore is the charmer and his sense for humor along with british elegance make a great deal of his charisma.
Dalton IMO has that subtle thing about him,I always said "there is something" about him. Maybe it's not as obvious as Connery's or Moore's but it definitely there.
And IMO when it comes to charisma Brosnan walks on the line between Connery and Dalton. Not as animalistic as Connery's nor as subtle as Dalton's.
Thomas86
New Recruit

Post by Thomas86 »

FOr me, this was a below average Bond film. I didnt find any consistent level of enjoyment in Spectre. I think it's time for a <a href="https://www.fjackets.com/buy/Daniel-Cra ... >reboot</a>
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Thomas86 wrote:FOr me, this was a below average Bond film. I didnt find any consistent level of enjoyment in Spectre. I think it's time for a <a href="https://www.fjackets.com/buy/Daniel-Cra ... >reboot</a>
Does the bomber jacket come in light blue? I want it to match my Daniel Craig light blue swimming trunks..
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'll take several dozen in turquoise.
Bring back Bond!
Thomas86
New Recruit

Post by Thomas86 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Thomas86 wrote:FOr me, this was a below average Bond film. I didnt find any consistent level of enjoyment in Spectre. I think it's time for a <a href="https://www.fjackets.com/buy/Daniel-Cra ... >reboot</a>
Does the bomber jacket come in light blue? I want it to match my Daniel Craig light blue swimming trunks..
I dont think you will get a lighter shade than this. It comes in navy blue :D
Dalton exMI6
New Recruit

Post by Dalton exMI6 »

Veronica wrote:
Countach wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Countach wrote:

What I find fo be great is how they all have charisma but in a slightly different ways IMO.Connery has that animal charisma that you can not miss even if you don't have half of brain. Moore is the charmer and his sense for humor along with british elegance make a great deal of his charisma.
Dalton IMO has that subtle thing about him,I always said "there is something" about him. Maybe it's not as obvious as Connery's or Moore's but it definitely there.
And IMO when it comes to charisma Brosnan walks on the line between Connery and Dalton. Not as animalistic as Connery's nor as subtle as Dalton's.
Well said. Interesting that Moore and Dalton were on the producers radar to replace Connery. Dalton was approached by Broccoli if he would be interested, but he felt he was too young. Of course, Moore took over.

My point is that I can see Dalton as a 70's Bond. He fits the series as does Brosnan. All were preferences of Cubby Broccoli. Cubby vetoed Barbara and Michael Wilson, as they wanted Sam Neill.

That above tells me that Babs has tastes that are the opposite of her father. And Craig is the result.

Another point to raise. Cubby Broccoli always cast an actor that could transcend his own culture. Craig has limited cross cultural appeal. I have yet to meet black people that like him, yet they loved the past Bonds.

I met two women from Kuwait that could not understand the appeal of Craig. They liked the previous Bonds more. And they were surprised how Craig has greater popularity than Dalton who they considered dark and handsome.

As I write this, Skyfall is on ITV2 in the UK. And I am tormenting myself to find anything positive. It is a much ado about nothing film. I changed the channel after 10 minutes. Craggers cannot hide the fact that he is Joe Bloggs fooling the gullible he is Bond.
[font=Tahoma]Craig is the Bond of austerity. Severe cuts in the looks and charisma department.[/font]
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I think Michael Wilson always had a greater sense of who Bond is and what he should be. I know that at the time of GoldenEye he said that the actor who plays Bond should drawn the audience with his own persona rather than supressing it. By the time they were doing casting for CR he obviously forgot all about that. Some people already said how it's probable that Wilson is at time of life when he is willing to let Barbara make all the big decisions. It turned out to be a big mistake.

Just yesterday there was Goldfinger on tv. Every time I watch a Connery movie it's just all the more clear how those comparisons between Connery and Craig are utterly ridiculous.