Your favourite Daniel Craig gunbarrel?

shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Re: Your favourite Daniel Craig gunbarrel?

Post by shaken not stirred »

I'd pick a favourite one...but I hate them all, there's no substance to any of them...and they're all at the wrong d**n points in the films as well (imagine if doctor who theme music played during the middle of an episode).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Veronica wrote:None. Craig is just laughably bad while trying to do something that actually is Bond like. Brosnan did gun barrel by far the best. It really did make you say "James Bond" when you watched it. Sean didn't do gun barrel did he?
Did I just read that right, Ma'am? You're really, really NOT sure that Sean Connery did THE Gunbarrel? Let me just talk you through it just this once in case you somehow didn't notice at all during Thunderball (or You Only Live Twice, or Diamonds Are Forever), or just can't be bothered to read my own opinion a few entries above on Page One.

Yes. Yes he did. For TB, which was reused for YOLT & DAF for economy's sake. But not for Dr. No (and the reuse of From Russia With Love & Goldfinger), which was done by his stunt double Bob Simmons (he does the jump-turn), but nobody noticed because he was filmed far away enough so the casual moviegoers just always assumed it was Connery from the start (I know I did). But when TB was filmed in Anamorphic Widescreen, Connery had to be enlisted to make it official (his is the swivel-turn with his left arm sticking out). It also happens to be my favorite version, especially YOLT's darkened B&W variation with John Barry's most simultaneously sinister and overpowering version of the James Bond Theme to hammer home the point that this was the Connery-Bond era at its apex.

And that, to me, is what really says "James Bond", despite your fawning over-appraisal of Pierce Brosnan that I'm frankly uncomfortable with and a little tired of seeing from you and your friend mI64 over and over and over again.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Barry Niven wrote:
Veronica wrote:None. Craig is just laughably bad while trying to do something that actually is Bond like. Brosnan did gun barrel by far the best. It really did make you say "James Bond" when you watched it. Sean didn't do gun barrel did he?
Did I just read that right, Ma'am? You're really, really NOT sure that Sean Connery did THE Gunbarrel? Let me just talk you through it just this once in case you somehow didn't notice at all during Thunderball (or You Only Live Twice, or Diamonds Are Forever), or just can't be bothered to read my own opinion a few entries above on Page One.

Yes. Yes he did. For TB, which was reused for YOLT & DAF for economy's sake. But not for Dr. No (and the reuse of From Russia With Love & Goldfinger), which was done by his stunt double Bob Simmons (he does the jump-turn), but nobody noticed because he was filmed far away enough so the casual moviegoers just always assumed it was Connery from the start (I know I did). But when TB was filmed in Anamorphic Widescreen, Connery had to be enlisted to make it official (his is the swivel-turn with his left arm sticking out). It also happens to be my favorite version, especially YOLT's darkened B&W variation with John Barry's most simultaneously sinister and overpowering version of the James Bond Theme to hammer home the point that this was the Connery-Bond era at its apex.

And that, to me, is what really says "James Bond", despite your fawning over-appraisal of Pierce Brosnan that I'm frankly uncomfortable with and a little tired of seeing from you and your friend mI64 over and over and over again.
The thing is I recently watched the first three Bond movies and actually NOTICED that that wasn't Connery and since it's been a while since I watched TB,YOLT and DAF...SORRY,I forgot. You don't have to be pissed off.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Craig is not BOND.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Yeah, there's one to grow on.