DC loses it with a fan

The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: DC loses it with a fan

Post by The Sweeney »

Glorious England wrote:all are equal in the eyes of the maker.

ok, granted, i quess its the mods job to tell people what to do, but, ahh, sod it. im not in the mood to see this place degrade into a massive flame war. wich is pretty likely to happen, i cannot see connerys fans taking well to somone comparing him to a THUG like cr-egg, and cr-egg is a Thug! in real life!. wich is not acceptable.

Does Statham, who often plays a hot tempered and agry bloke on his films, go around mistreating his fans?, no, he will chat to em! even strike a pose!. so there is no excuse for cr-eggs behavior other than him not knowing how to behave.

Cr-egg and Sean Conery have Nothing in common, not even a charachter,. Connery CREATED the film James Bond with the help of terrance young. Cr-egg just plays matt damons Jason Bouring under an assumed name of James Bond, with a bit of manchester soccer rowdy thrown in! so it absolutely grinds my gears into a Powder when i see people try and compare cr-egg and connery.

a THUG like Cregg has no place playing James Bond, why do you think cubby chucked "Bodie" (as lewis collins, actually a decent chap in RL, made the mistake of going in to audtion with his "Bodie" persona, and not as himself)out the office and hired Peirce instead? (before NBS pulled a fast one). because unlike that insane daughter of his, Cubby knew that you needed a Gentleman to play James Bond, not a Yobbo. why do you think he also screentested the late, much missed, Gareth Hunt? (who apparantly did very well), because he was a gentleman, who came very highly reccomended by Patrick Macnee.

Craig again, has no place in Cinema with his behavior, same as Christian Bale, same as any other thug who thinks being a big star means he can behave any way he d**n well pleases. they belong in prison with that attitude.

connery, yeah, he shouted, he got sarcastic, but was never violent, he had dignity. cr-egg doesnt, they cannot be compared.
Connery beat his wife in real life. Is that more acceptable?

With regards Craig being violent...was he? I thought he snatched the phone off the person in question, then apologised afterwards. That is not being violent in my book.

As for Bale, and any other actor who has ever lost it in public....as I said earlier, its easy to sit here anonymously, not famous, freedom to go where we like, judging a person who is living a very different life from you or I.

Yes they get paid a lot of money for doing the job they do, but if you are getting your privacy invaded every time you step out of the front door, do you think you would behave differently, even though you get paid more money?
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

actually, that wife beating was never proven...if it is true, then it is most certainly not acceptable, and i will re-rank connery as a thug and remove his films from my list of "cannonical" movies.

All that was proven was, she was being rotten minded, vindictive, petulant and insubordinate, and pushed to the brink, connery did what any decent husband would do to keep his family together and prevent it breaking down, and deliverd a quick slap, this is acceptable. a Beating (multiple punches for no suitable reason) is however totally unnacceptable and below human, it is animal, pure and simple, and cannot be supported, a quick slap on the chops when she goes too far is, if i went too far against my dad, id get a smack, same with my mom, id get a smack from her if i went to far. same as shed get a quick slap if she went too far with him, its called family discipline, it prevents the "broken families" we see so often now.

craig was violent. he snatched the phone, lobbed it on the floor, and then struck the poor bugger round the head...with a closed fist. and that was proven.

what was it churchill said? "if you cannot take the heat, stay out of the kitchen", i KNOW i would blow up if someone invaded my privacy, so, i ensure that i do not do anything to make me famous! if i did do something, id also make darn sure to use a pseudonym and a "false appearance" to ensure the real me wasnt recognised.

im sorry but, i know i have a temper problem, so i will stay away from "celebrity". these actors who blow up should Know they are mentally unsuited for life in the limelight, and quit.. as it makes the whole acting industry look bad. thats my point. if they CANNOT controll there behavior, they shouldnt be in the business, and this is coming from someone who could well have been in the business, as i had the drama qualifications, but i declined ebcause i know i am not the right sort of mentality for celebrity. they should have the Dignity to accept they have a problem, and either deal with by learning to controll it, or get out.

there is no excuse for there behavior, and them "blaming it on pressure" is just plain annoying, "we all have to face pressure in our lives, if you cant controll it, then, dont go into a situation that is going to put you under critical pressure if you can help it" my Shrink said that to me, when i kep blowing up on my acting course. so, i gave up and did computing instead. so, im judging from experience.

only a thug will carry on blowing up! a man with dignity either learns to controll it and behave properly, or he leaves.
Last edited by Glorious England on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Save The Queen.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The Saint 007 wrote:I was looking through one of my Bond books titled For Your Eyes Only: Behind the Scenes of the James Bond Films, and there was a part about Dalton that I figured would be suitable to share in this thread:

"I happened to be doing this little documentary about wolves, and I was spending some time up in northern Canada and also northern Alaska. I went to live with the Eskimos while we were making it. And it was as far away from human civilization as you could probably get."- Dalton couldn't help but chuckle recalling the memory- "So here we are, skidding in on this ice runway near this remote village in the middle of nowhere. And suddenly, all these Eskimos came out, and when they saw me get off the plane they started pointing and shouting, 'It's James Bond! It's James Bond!' Dalton couldn't hold back the laughter. "I was just so completely floored! I mean the influence of these movies is completely total. It's just such a strange feeling that absolutely seizes you."

James Bond is a big deal all over the world. Being bombarded by fans is the price you have to pay when taking the role, or even if you're just a big movie star in general.
Thanks for posting that story The Saint 007. :) I've never heard about that until now.

The fact that Dalton only appeared in 2 Bond films, and ones that in the past have been considered lesser Bonds, is irrelevant. Dalton (whom has a reputation as a serious actor, not to mention shy as well), still saw the funny side in the situation.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Because Dalton is a darned good Bloke! :up:
God Save The Queen.
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Glorious England wrote:actually, that wife beating was never proven...if it is true, then it is most certainly not acceptable, and i will re-rank connery as a thug and remove his films from my list of "cannonical" movies. all that was proven was, she was being rotten minded, vindictive, petulant and insubordinate, and pushed to the brink, connery did what any husband would do and deliverd a quick slap, this is acceptable. a Beating (multiple punches for no suitable reason) is however totally unnacceptable and below human, its animal, pure and simple, and cannot be supported, a quick slap on the chops when she goes too far is, if i went too far against my dad, it get a smack, same with my mom, id get a smack from her if i went to far. same as shed get a quick slap if she went too far with him, its called family discipline, it prevents the "broken families" we see so often now.

craig was violent. he snatched the phone, lobbed it on the floor, and then struck the poor bugger round the head...with a closed fist. and that was proven.

what was it churchill said? "if you cannot take the heat, stay out of the kitchen", i KNOW i would blow up if someone invaded my privacy, so, i ensure that i do not do anything to make me famous! if i did do something, id also make darn sure to use a pseudonym and a "false appearance" to ensure the real me wasnt recognised. im sorry but, i know i have a temper problem, so i will stay away from "celebrity". thes actors who blow up should Know they are mentally unsuited for life in the limelight, and quit.. as it maes the whole acting industry look bad. thats my point. if they CANNOT controll there behavior, they shouldnt be in the business, and this is coming from someone who could well have been in the business, as i had the drama qualifications, but i declined ebcause i know i am not the right sort of mentality for celebrity. they should have the Dignity to accept they have a problem, and either deal with by learning to controll it, or get out.

there is no excuse for there behavior, and them "blaming it on pressure" is just plain annoying, "we all have to face pressure in our lives, if you cant controll it, then, dont go into a situation that is going to put you under critical pressure if you can help it" my Shrink said that to me, when i kep blowing up on my acting course. so, i gave up and did computing instead. so, im judging from experience.

only a thug will carry on blowing up! a man with dignity either learns to controll it and behave properly, or he leaves.
It does sound very annoying I admit, when I hear of celeb's behaving this way in public. I would have been more disgusted with Craig had the fan approached him and asked if he could have an autograph, and Craig told the guy to clear off (or something more extreme).

What these actors have to realise is, they would be nothing without a public paying to see them on screen. It goes the same for the prima donna Premiership footballers brigade too.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:I was looking through one of my Bond books titled For Your Eyes Only: Behind the Scenes of the James Bond Films, and there was a part about Dalton that I figured would be suitable to share in this thread:

"I happened to be doing this little documentary about wolves, and I was spending some time up in northern Canada and also northern Alaska. I went to live with the Eskimos while we were making it. And it was as far away from human civilization as you could probably get."- Dalton couldn't help but chuckle recalling the memory- "So here we are, skidding in on this ice runway near this remote village in the middle of nowhere. And suddenly, all these Eskimos came out, and when they saw me get off the plane they started pointing and shouting, 'It's James Bond! It's James Bond!' Dalton couldn't hold back the laughter. "I was just so completely floored! I mean the influence of these movies is completely total. It's just such a strange feeling that absolutely seizes you."

James Bond is a big deal all over the world. Being bombarded by fans is the price you have to pay when taking the role, or even if you're just a big movie star in general.
Thanks for posting that story The Saint 007. :) I've never heard about that until now.

The fact that Dalton only appeared in 2 Bond films, and ones that in the past have been considered lesser Bonds, is irrelevant. Dalton (whom has a reputation as a serious actor, not to mention shy as well), still saw the funny side in the situation.
It's all about context. Maybe Dalton was in a good mood already when this happened, maybe Craig would have behaved the same in that situation, maybe the fan in the supermarket caught Craig on a bad day, maybe he had just had some bad news, who knows? Everyone can have an off day. Maybe Dalton could have reacted the same way Craig did on another given day.

I agree though that it is not acceptable in general for actor celebs to behave this way in public, particularly given it is the paying public who have put them in the extremely wealthy position where they are.

And on that subject, I just read Craig has bought himself a brand new Aston Martin recently. There were a few photos online somewhere. Nice to know his Bond role is paying off massively.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Agreed 100%, the public is you, they can make you, they can break you, they say, in the industry, "your only as good as your last film" this is partly true, but, the reality is your only as good as how your fans see you. they like you, your good, you upset them by "lording" it over them, the people who made you rich... your nothing.

some actors realise this, some dont. the ones who dont, as i said, shouldnt be there. you public is your lifeblood, abuse them, you abuse yourself. not healthy.

you know, I wonder if the Big Money stars get these could be the problem with some of them, with both actors and prima donna footballers (good comparison! just look at the histrionics on display when one goes down.. lol), i wonder if it causes some of them to get a "god" complex, they get a lot of wealth, and a bit of power because the public "likes them" and it goes to there heads, and they think there money makes them somehow invicible and better than everyone else, and they think there money lets them behave as they please... absolute power corrupts absolutely.

i dont remember reading period articles (i like history) about footballers being anywhere near as prima donna pretentious in the past when they lived in 3 up 3 downs and drove lotus cortinas, as they got payed only slightly more than the bloke who Built the cortina! it kept them "down to earth" i reckon, going on period footage, they seemed like regular blokes in attitude and behavior none of the big "i am". sure, theres a lot who can cope with the power and money todays starts get, and domt go bad, some even do good with there money, Rodger Moore being perfect example from the acting world, but, i wonder if they shouldnt introduce a vetting process, so they can weed out the ones who wont be able to cope, so that they cant be sent mad by the money and end up trying to Lord it over the very people who gave them that money in the first pace. the fans.

hmm, whats the betting he smashes that aston up the back of a corsa on the a38.. he wouldnt be the first celeb to do that, sure, its fine having these big powerfull megacars, id love one, but, you shouldnt really crack the toe down outside of "ze nurburgring" and even then, only when you REALLY know what you are doing!
Last edited by Glorious England on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
God Save The Queen.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The Sweeney wrote:

It's all about context. Maybe Dalton was in a good mood already when this happened, maybe Craig would have behaved the same in that situation, maybe the fan in the supermarket caught Craig on a bad day, maybe he had just had some bad news, who knows? Everyone can have an off day. Maybe Dalton could have reacted the same way Craig did on another given day.

I agree though that it is not acceptable in general for actor celebs to behave this way in public, particularly given it is the paying public who have put them in the extremely wealthy position where they are.

And on that subject, I just read Craig has bought himself a brand new Aston Martin recently. There were a few photos online somewhere. Nice to know his Bond role is paying off massively.
I've never heard about Dalton reacting in a negative way, to fans or even the press. I think he would prefer to not say anything than to lower himself. Just look at that Mel Gibson situation. Dalton got dragged into it, and decided to kept quiet. I don't think anyone would have minded if Dalton had "silenced him". You know, being a problem elliminator. :wink:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote:Speaking of Connery and rude I had to dig this up.
Didn't that turn out to be a hoax?
Yep but a funny one.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Glorious England wrote:
i dont remember reading period articles (i like history) about footballers being anywhere near as prima donna pretentious in the past when they lived in 3 up 3 downs and drove lotus cortinas, as they got payed only slightly more than the bloke who Built the cortina! it kept them "down to earth" i reckon, going on period footage, they seemed like regular blokes in attitude and behavior none of the big "i am". sure, theres a lot who can cope with the power and money todays starts get, and domt go bad, some even do good with there money,
Bobby Moore who won the World Cup for England only drove a Ford Cortina, from what I read (or was it Gordon Banks)? Different generation to the shower we have now. I also heard recently that a lot of these millionaire footballers go broke within a couple of years once they retire. Doesn't surprise me one bit, some of them being so brain-dead, and living in a cushioned cocoon, with blood-sucking agents their only protection from the real world outside their false existence. Once they get thrown into the big bad world, they don't have a clue how to survive.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Sweeney wrote:I don't think anyone would like to be constantly harassed and probed in public, and unfortunately the bigger star you are, the more this will happen to you.
It's the downside to being famous. You can no longer wander into a local pub or Tesco and expect to remain anonymous. You've given up that right once you hit the public eye.

And it seems some actors cope with this pressure more than others. I think Brozza and Moore coped with it well during their Bond reign, whereas Connery and Craig don't seem to have the patience or time for it.

As I said earlier, during Connery's reign there wasn't such thing as mobile phone devices, were every single person he could have bumped into on the high street could have potentially taken photos of him. Had that been the case, I'm fairly sure there would have been a few smashed phones on the floor in the mid 60's..... :lol:
Brozza did assault a paparazzi guy those guys try to get reactions like that. Average Joes it is not cool to attack them, a supermarket he is on camera from the moment he gets out of his car to the moment he gets back in, so what is some fan boy is snapping or shooting a video, unless it is some guy/gal is taking pictures of children/anyone for perverted reasons I don't see why anyone should care what they are doing.

Do you have any links to stories of Connery attacking fans? I'm not sure the Connery would do it is a valid argument, maybe LSD tripping Connery had some anger issues but I don't think it is a defense for bad behavior today.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Sweeney wrote: It's all about context. Maybe Dalton was in a good mood already when this happened, maybe Craig would have behaved the same in that situation, maybe the fan in the supermarket caught Craig on a bad day, maybe he had just had some bad news, who knows? Everyone can have an off day. Maybe Dalton could have reacted the same way Craig did on another given day.

If this were the very first time he had done this I might buy the bad day argument, but nobody has the right to charge over to somebody bad threaten to beat them up, its one thing to get angry but when every witness in the story say he was going to punch the guy Craig went too far. He sunk to the lowest form of communication if we can call it that, he took a road of threatening physical harm to someone unable to defend themselves from him to get his way.

Thankfully it didn't happen, and maybe when it came time to actually hit the poor guy pissing his pant s Craig wouldn't do it, maybe he has no idea how threatening he can be to people. Glad his wife was there to get between them, its obvious she trusts him enough not to be scared by him when he is like that, maybe she knows he is all bluster or maybe she is a hero for taking a risk.
Probably a gift from Barbara, seems like thing she'd do. So Craig gets a new car, people take pics of him getting it and he didn't hulkout!!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Dalton had more stories about being accosted by fans, one was in I think a foreign country where some guy stopped him in the airport wanting to know what Aston Martin he drove the guy got furious with Dalton when he found out Dalton didn't have one. There are other stories about people coming up to him out of the blue, to his credit he had the dignity to suffer it.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Heh..I liked the story about Dalton..I knew there was a reason I liked him! :cheers:

Unlike Craig,who has what can only be called a hair trigger temper(that's putting it mildly!)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

What was Craig buying? Lemons?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:What was Craig buying? Lemons?
Must have. That sour constipated look can't be natural ;)
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Constipated Craig?Get him some prunes, stat! :P
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: