Craig is 'nothing' like James Bond

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: Craig is 'nothing' like James Bond

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:Activision under Bobby Kotick really became more greedy and disgusting. They took the 007 license and turned every title they made to rubbish COD, yet they criticized GERA. At least, EA tried to come up with something new, unlike Activision whom I call them after Bobby Kotick got his hands to it, Craptivision. I mean come on, ever played Soldier of Fortune and Soldier of Fortune II? they were literally great first person shooters by Activision, but since COD arrived, they ruined everything.
It's a shame that EA lost the Bond licence to Activision. I know EA isn't the best game company, but at least they tried to put an effort into their Bond games, unlike Activision who treats it like some cheap movie licence game you find in the bargain bin. It's almost as if Activision wanted to beat EA in the bidding war just for the hell of it. 007 Legends had the potential of being a great game, but they went and made another Craig Of Duty again. EON's arrogant attitude towards classic Bond will likely mean that we'll never get games featuring the older actors. I think it would be cool to have a Bond game with Roger Moore or Timothy Dalton.
The thing is... the 007 license is really destroyed, now, thanks to Activision. Take Two Interactive was interested in purchasing the license in 2010, but they no longer are. Valve never wants to comment on it, even. But, I heard Ubisoft is interested to make a deal with EON, so they might be the next publishers? But, again, Ubisoft makes COD third-person shooters, so the Cr-egg of Duty will continue his journey through the decade. However, nobody knows what would later happen.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:Activision under Bobby Kotick really became more greedy and disgusting. They took the 007 license and turned every title they made to rubbish COD, yet they criticized GERA. At least, EA tried to come up with something new, unlike Activision whom I call them after Bobby Kotick got his hands to it, Craptivision. I mean come on, ever played Soldier of Fortune and Soldier of Fortune II? they were literally great first person shooters by Activision, but since COD arrived, they ruined everything.
It's a shame that EA lost the Bond licence to Activision. I know EA isn't the best game company, but at least they tried to put an effort into their Bond games, unlike Activision who treats it like some cheap movie licence game you find in the bargain bin. It's almost as if Activision wanted to beat EA in the bidding war just for the hell of it. 007 Legends had the potential of being a great game, but they went and made another Craig Of Duty again. EON's arrogant attitude towards classic Bond will likely mean that we'll never get games featuring the older actors. I think it would be cool to have a Bond game with Roger Moore or Timothy Dalton.
The thing is... the 007 license is really destroyed, now, thanks to Activision. Take Two Interactive was interested in purchasing the license in 2010, but they no longer are. Valve never wants to comment on it, even. But, I heard Ubisoft is interested to make a deal with EON, so they might be the next publishers? But, again, Ubisoft makes COD third-person shooters, so the Cr-egg of Duty will continue his journey through the decade. However, nobody knows what would later happen.
I was discussing this very same subject with my brother yesterday, and he feels sorry for the next company that gets the Bond licence. The James Bond games used to have a fairly good reputation, and they sold pretty well for the most part. But thanks to Activision, the next company that gets the Bond licence will have a difficult time building up the quality/reputation of the brand. My brother suggested that Rock Star might be a good choice, or perhaps Nintendo and Retro Studios. Yes, it would be a Nintendo exclusive in that case, but it would be interesting to see what Nintendo and Retro would do for a Bond game. And there definitely would be quality put into it. But as of now, the future of the Bond games looks rather uncertain.

Along with Activision, EON is the other culprit in this issue with the Bond games. The games used to have so many references to the classic Bond films, but since the reboot, they prefer to ignore the older films and stick Craig in everything. 007 Legends had the potential of being the ultimate Bond game. Can you imagine playing as each of the six Bond actors through their specific missions during that time period, and using various weapons and gadgets from those adventures? It would sort of be like the TimeSplitters games, which is another FPS series that I like. But such a game would have had to have a big focus on single player, and we all know how well Activision is at that. With them, multiplayer is the main focus, while single player is just an extra feature. I miss the days where shooters had both good single and multiplayer modes.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
I was discussing this very same subject with my brother yesterday, and he feels sorry for the next company that gets the Bond licence. The James Bond games used to have a fairly good reputation, and they sold pretty well for the most part. But thanks to Activision, the next company that gets the Bond licence will have a difficult time building up the quality/reputation of the brand. My brother suggested that Rock Star might be a good choice, or perhaps Nintendo and Retro Studios. Yes, it would be a Nintendo exclusive in that case, but it would be interesting to see what Nintendo and Retro would do for a Bond game. And there definitely would be quality put into it. But as of now, the future of the Bond games looks rather uncertain.

Along with Activision, EON is the other culprit in this issue with the Bond games. The games used to have so many references to the classic Bond films, but since the reboot, they prefer to ignore the older films and stick Craig in everything. 007 Legends had the potential of being the ultimate Bond game. Can you imagine playing as each of the six Bond actors through their specific missions during that time period, and using various weapons and gadgets from those adventures? It would sort of be like the TimeSplitters games, which is another FPS series that I like. But such a game would have had to have a big focus on single player, and we all know how well Activision is at that. With them, multiplayer is the main focus, while single player is just an extra feature. I miss the days where shooters had both good single and multiplayer modes.
Well done, Saint. You completely pronounced it right. The thing is, Rockstar could have had the license, but they will never put their own eyes onto the franchise, again. Because, Activison destroyed it, and they did one hell of a job with that. It's always the same with the Cr-egg fans, they always look forward at destroying everything they see. Rockstar is not interested in resurrecting the old franchise anymore, because it's done, it's been washed out. COD fans will cry for it, they want everything to be COD clone, which means; godawful gameplay, no story, no dialgoues, complete total utter violence, everything in black, that's what they love to stick with, just like the way Michael Bay directs his movies, rubbish product I may say. And about Nintendo, I don't think they're interested in acquiring the license either, because the franchise is out of their style. Well, we have no idea how Ubisoft will do it but I heard they want to do an original Bond like Agent Under Fire in 2001, when we had Bond as an amalgamation of all the actors (up to Brosnan) who played him. Ubisoft wants to do the same and insert the classic gameplay back into track, but I doubt the gaming will ever rescue Bond's market, because it's been washed out, same with Bond 24. They think it was Cloudburst (aka Sky-Fail) that brought the series a huge success, not knowing that it was the great "50th anniversary" advertisement that caused the film to earn one billion dollars, all about politics as I say. So, they will copy SF's formula and see how it will fail, just like it happened with QoS. Bond will remain dead unless they want to revert back to the GE/TND formula, which was the perfect way to re-introduce Bond to the modern world. And that's that.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:And about Nintendo, I don't think they're interested in acquiring the license either, because the franchise is out of their style. Well, we have no idea how Ubisoft will do it but I heard they want to do an original Bond like Agent Under Fire in 2001, when we had Bond as an amalgamation of all the actors (up to Brosnan) who played him. Ubisoft wants to do the same and insert the classic gameplay back into track, but I doubt the gaming will ever rescue Bond's market, because it's been washed out, same with Bond 24.
When Nintendo had the Bond licence, they assigned the GoldenEye project to Rareware because they felt it wasn't their style. Although there's no Rareware, Nintendo does have Retro Studios who would be able to help them with that genre of game. But Ubisoft could be a good choice too, you never know. Either original adventures with a generic Bond, or classic Bond adventures with the specific actor in which film it's based on would be great.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:And about Nintendo, I don't think they're interested in acquiring the license either, because the franchise is out of their style. Well, we have no idea how Ubisoft will do it but I heard they want to do an original Bond like Agent Under Fire in 2001, when we had Bond as an amalgamation of all the actors (up to Brosnan) who played him. Ubisoft wants to do the same and insert the classic gameplay back into track, but I doubt the gaming will ever rescue Bond's market, because it's been washed out, same with Bond 24.
When Nintendo had the Bond licence, they assigned the GoldenEye project to Rareware because they felt it wasn't their style. Although there's no Rareware, Nintendo does have Retro Studios who would be able to help them with that genre of game. But Ubisoft could be a good choice too, you never know. Either original adventures with a generic Bond, or classic Bond adventures with the specific actor in which film it's based on would be great.
Nobody knows what EON is planning for, but I know it's going to be worse than ever. However, for a good Bond game, I would love to see Rockstar's take on the franchise as well as Valve's, or maybe Devolver. How awesome it would have been if a decent developer made a great game, and an idea to create your own Bond (if you played Godfather or Rainbow Six Vegas 2, you'll know what I'm talking about) would be extremely exciting.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:Nobody knows what EON is planning for, but I know it's going to be worse than ever. However, for a good Bond game, I would love to see Rockstar's take on the franchise as well as Valve's, or maybe Devolver. How awesome it would have been if a decent developer made a great game, and an idea to create your own Bond (if you played Godfather or Rainbow Six Vegas 2, you'll know what I'm talking about) would be extremely exciting.
Bond 24 will likely be another overly artsy/pretentious drama in order to try to outdo Skyfall in the Oscar department. In regards to the Bond games, the companies you mentioned could create some cool concepts, but we'll just have to wait and see who gets the Bond licence.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:Nobody knows what EON is planning for, but I know it's going to be worse than ever. However, for a good Bond game, I would love to see Rockstar's take on the franchise as well as Valve's, or maybe Devolver. How awesome it would have been if a decent developer made a great game, and an idea to create your own Bond (if you played Godfather or Rainbow Six Vegas 2, you'll know what I'm talking about) would be extremely exciting.
Bond 24 will likely be another overly artsy/pretentious drama in order to try to outdo Skyfall in the Oscar department. In regards to the Bond games, the companies you mentioned could create some cool concepts, but we'll just have to wait and see who gets the Bond licence.
Yes, the thing is... we all know that Skyfall was not a success because of its story or performance or direction, it was the "50th Anniversary" political advert that brought it a huge success, it's all about politics. And now, B24 will try and imitate Skyfall and see what kind of a flop it'll be. It will put the series on fire.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

EON is out of date. they think EMO-ism is In. wrong, its on the way out! Even the "bourne" series has got rid of that blasted over emotional traitor and replaced him with a very manly charachter called "Aaron Cross". The last twoghlight film BOMBED at the cinema. the Hottest projects in hollywood at the moment are not emotional dramas, but 1980s action throwbacks.

Same as they think the failure of the games was because craptivision didnt advertise them, and launched them too close to cry on doody. that didnt help no, but the real reason is because they were Cry On Doody with different textures, that style of game is FAILING, and bad, blak flops II has failed to breach 5 million units, were as its predecessor breached 20 million, and its going to fail even worse when the console industry INEVITABLY crashes later this year and gaming goes back to PC. PC gamers dont tolerate MMS. (if they do, they have no right to own a PC).

EON are laughably out of touch, so they will make the next film another emoist drama were bond looses and the badguy french business men, working with the argies win, britain looses the falklands to a bunch of argentinian farmers, and the high and mighty 'murica laughs at us. and whoever they give the game to, they will ORDER it to be a short 12 level, very easy "MMS" (COD CLONE) on console, because they think thats what the 'murican teenagers want.

and both will flop as they will no longer have a market.

oh well. more chance for warners to buy bond up cheap as a failed, axed franchise and put it back on the right path with some classic, heroic, british action adventure movies starting clive owen and written by paul dini and bruce timm, and they can give the games to Take 2 with orders "if it aint EXACTLY like "nightfire" in gaming, FIRE the developer. as that is the only way the franchise can be ressurected.
Last edited by Glorious England on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Save The Queen.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:
Yes, the thing is... we all know that Skyfall was not a success because of its story or performance or direction, it was the "50th Anniversary" political advert that brought it a huge success, it's all about politics. And now, B24 will try and imitate Skyfall and see what kind of a flop it'll be. It will put the series on fire.
Bond heavily being pushed in the public eye with the 50th Anniversary marketing, and all the critical praise/hype of how Skyfall is the best Bond film ever, contributed to much of its success. But I think the rose-tinted glasses are slowly being removed, because I'm seeing more people saying how Skyfall was not all what it was made out to be. Yes, there are still lots of people who do like the film, but let's see how well its value will hold up years from now.

I'm not going to say that Bond 24 will flop, but it will be difficult to top Skyfall's success. Perhaps Craig has reached his peak with Skyfall, and will now slowly decline. The same thing happened during the Connery and Moore eras.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Same with Brosnan, as well.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Glorious England wrote:EON is out of date. they think EMO-ism is In. wrong, its on the way out! Even the "bourne" series has got rid of that blasted over emotional traitor and replaced him with a very manly charachter called "Aaron Cross". The last twoghlight film BOMBED at the cinema. the Hottest projectys in hollywood at the moment are not emotional dramas, but 1980s action throwbacks.

Same as they think the failure of the games was because craptivision didnt advertise them, and launched them too close to cry on doody. no, its because they were Cry On Doody with different textures, that style of game is FAILING, and bad, blak ops II has failed to breach 5 million units, were as its predecessor breached 20 million, and its going to fail even worse when the console industry INEVITABLY crashes later this year and gaming goes back to PC. PC gamers dont tolerate MMS. (if they do, they have no right to own a PC).

EON are laughably out of touch, so they will make the next film another emoist drama were bond looses and the badguy french business men, working with the argies win, britain looses the falklands to a bunch of argentinian farmers, and the high and mighty 'murica laughs at us. and whoever they give the game to, they will ORDER it to be a short 12 level, very easy "MMS" (COD CLONE) on console, because they think thats what the 'murican teenagers want.

and both will flop as they will no longer have a market.

oh well. more chance for warners to buy bond up cheap as a failed, axed franchise and put it back on the right path with some classic, heroic, british action adventure movies starting clive owen and written by paul dini and bruce timm, and they can give the games to Take 2 with orders "if it aint EXACTLY like "nightfire" in gaming, FIRE the developer. as that is the only way the franchise can be ressurected.
Well said, mate. Nicely done.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Here's a great sketch of Danielle Cr-egg...

Cr-egg: Hello, Eve.
Eve: Oh, he wants to see you.
Cr-egg: Who?
Eve: Err... M?
Cr-egg: What for?
Eve: Why are you even in my office if you don't know?
Cr-egg: (offended, shivering in fear) I'm going.
Eve: Hey, Daniel.
Cr-egg: Huh?
Eve: Aren't you supposed to be heading INside instead of OUTside?
Cr-egg: Oh.. my mistake... f**k it...
Eve: No mild language needed, please.
Cr-egg: (enters M's office)
Mallory: Sit Down!
Cr-egg: Wh..Wh..WHy are you...
Mallory: SIT DOWN!!!
Cr-egg: oh..okay... (walks in, sits down, shivering in fear)
Mallory: Without saying anything more, I'm going to fire you immediately.
Cr-egg: Why...wh... Why?!! (eyes fills with tears)
Mallory: Because you are incompetent fool, a shame to this agency, country and everything related to this government. Stop acting like a bloody teenage twerp for your own future, at least.
Cr-egg: Please... Don't fire me.. (blubs)
Mallory: ENOUGH!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!!!! YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!
Cr-egg: Mummy!!! (runs outside, crying like a 2 year old girl)
Mallory: (looks at the camera) At last...