Craig is 'nothing' like James Bond

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Craig is 'nothing' like James Bond

Post by Goldeneye »

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/20 ... s-bond.htm
When asked in what ways he is different to 007, he said, "Every way. Nothing - that man has nothing to do with me. Nothing at all, no." While Craig, who is married to Rachel Weisz, admits he has been typecast by a number of people for playing Bond, he has no plans to relinquish the role.

"It's working out for me at the moment. So I'll keep at it, and there'll be other stuff to do. When I accepted the job, I knew that it would have a major effect on my career. "I mean, people would find it very difficult not to see me as Bond now, which I always knew would happen.

But what can I do about it? "It was my choice to be Bond. So I've got to get on with it and try to be the best Bond I can," said Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Craig is 'nothing' like James Bond

Post by Kristatos »

sharpeyfc wrote:This argument will rage on and divide opinion, but Daniel Craig is a better bond and his films, better vehicles than the tired, lightweight brosnan era. Talk about almost killing the franchise....
Yawn, another troll spouting the same tired old talking points. Do you lot have a script you work from, like telesales people?

As for Craig being "nothing like Bond", truer words were never spoken.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think he knows he is nothing like Bond (even the writers are kind of clear he's not really bond.) but IMO he see artistic crap that out weights not being the character
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I'm guessing that troll posts at one of the fanboy boards. :cuss:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:I'm guessing that troll posts at one of the fanboy boards. :cuss:
I just disapproved two more posts from him, one of which was simply a repeat of the first one. It's like these trolls can only think in pre-approved talking points.

"What would you like for dinner, love?"
"Umm...pain face! Invisible car!"
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Other than Lazenby, did any of the actors claim to be like Bond in real life? At the end of the day they are all just actors, paid to do a job - play a role, nothing more.
There is nothing in the contract to state that an actor playing Bond, MUST also be Bond in real life.

Moore was about as far removed from Bond as you could get in real life.
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
kater23 wrote:I'm guessing that troll posts at one of the fanboy boards. :cuss:
I just disapproved two more posts from him, one of which was simply a repeat of the first one. It's like these trolls can only think in pre-approved talking points.

"What would you like for dinner, love?"
"Umm...pain face! Invisible car!"
Come on Kris. It works both ways. The criticism Craig gets thrown his way is broken record repeats too -

`Lemon lips'
`Gollum'
`too short...too blonde' etc. etc.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: Come on Kris. It works both ways. The criticism Craig gets thrown his way is broken record repeats too -

`Lemon lips'
`Gollum'
Possibly so. The main difference is that people here wouldn't go to a Daniel Craig fansite in order to post those criticisms.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote: Come on Kris. It works both ways. The criticism Craig gets thrown his way is broken record repeats too -

`Lemon lips'
`Gollum'
Possibly so. The main difference is that people here wouldn't go to a Daniel Craig fansite in order to post those criticisms.
Fair enough.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Daniel Craig is James Bond, huh? Even my grandmother does a better act and she's asleep than Craig when he's doing his best. Best? He's nothing more than the worst.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:Daniel Craig is James Bond, huh? Even my grandmother does a better act and she's asleep than Craig when he's doing his best. Best? He's nothing more than the worst.
Maybe so in yor opinion, but he has just starred in the most successful Bond film of all time.

It's difficult to dispute that fact.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The Sweeney wrote:
JackJamesBond007 wrote:Daniel Craig is James Bond, huh? Even my grandmother does a better act and she's asleep than Craig when he's doing his best. Best? He's nothing more than the worst.
Maybe so in yor opinion, but he has just starred in the most successful Bond film of all time.

That doesn't equal quality.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Welcome JackJames!

I think Craig is the worst Bond and.....not Bond. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Sweeney wrote:

Give him time to know you and he'll know you disagree you don't have to jump on his first post ;) Anywho I'm not sure spyfall beat TB or GF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Omega wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

Give him time to know you and he'll know you disagree you don't have to jump on his first post ;) Anywho I'm not sure spyfall beat TB or GF.

We'll never really know if it did beat TB, that is still debatable, but it did in terms of awards.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

Bagging a lot of global awards, getting into the 90's on RT, global critical accliam, and the 7th biggest BO film of all time, its not a bad benchmark to go by....
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

We'll never really know if it did beat TB, that is still debatable, but it did in terms of awards.
Yes, it won 50% more Oscars ;-)
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

The Sweeney wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

Bagging a lot of global awards, getting into the 90's on RT, global critical accliam, and the 7th biggest BO film of all time, its not a bad benchmark to go by....
Gone With The Wind is one of my all-time favourite films. But despite the fact that it won 10 Academy awards, and is considered to be one of the greatest films ever made, there are people who don't care for it. The ultimate purpose of any film is to entertain you. If the film fails to accomplish this, then it doesn't really matter how many nominations/awards or critical praise it gets. Thomas Newman won a BAFTA and received an Oscar nomination for his Skyfall score, but that doesn't make him better than John Barry to me.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Now what's next? Skyfall getting attention from Teen Choice Awards?
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Skyfall may be a successful film, but can't you realize it's all about politics? Without the "50th Anniversary" subject and all the advertisement, the film would have been a huge flop.