Who'd Like To Wipe Their Ass With Craig's Bond Contract?

What you like to wipe your ass on Craig's Bond contract?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 16

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Who'd Like To Wipe Their Ass With Craig's Bond Contract?

Post by FormerBondFan »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:The next Bond has to be better, he sure as hell couldn't be much worse than Craig.
You can forget that. Might as well have an ugly Asian actor to play James Bond.
I'm clingling to the hope that James D'Arcy will be the next Bond and the series will go in a spy thriller direction. There is zero chance of this happening, but I can wish for it.
There's no point of rooting for Bond anymore. We got Marvel, Star Wars, Indy, Trek, etc. Since October 2005, these franchise have been our allies. If the world does need James Bond, send in the freaks, considering DC got the good stuff to be a successful Bond.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

FormerBondFan wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:The next Bond has to be better, he sure as hell couldn't be much worse than Craig.
I'm clingling to the hope that James D'Arcy will be the next Bond and the series will go in a spy thriller direction. There is zero chance of this happening, but I can wish for it.
There's no point of rooting for Bond anymore. We got Marvel, Star Wars, Indy, Trek, etc. Since October 2005, these franchise have been our allies. If the world does need James Bond, send in the freaks, considering DC got the good stuff to be a successful Bond.
FBF, I think the person in your avatar and signature should be the next James Bond.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

The Sweeney wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
FBF, I think the person in your avatar and signature should be the next James Bond.
More sensible than having a Putin lookalike in a Pee Wee Herman suit. :evil: :D
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Sweeney wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Or an ugly Asian actor.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:
I don't think they'll keep going with this after Craig quits. 3 Bond becoming Bond movies. My friends who have seen the new one thought it was ok but not to the standard of the old movies. One thought they really had no story and too much action, some thought the had too little action and the story was weak.
If my friends are any thing to judge by Lesson is when they go about saying this is the best since Connery, or best ever, you have just set the bar too high.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
derekpayne
Lieutenant

Post by derekpayne »

Yes

I look at Craig's Bond , and I see muscular henchman or heavy. There is no thrilling brilliance or sofisitication, just bob the builder. I give up, I wont go back to the cinema to see another Bond film until he's gone.

warning -
Spoiler
Spoiler

they reebooted Mi6 headquaters, M, Monneypenny , and Q, surley the elephant is the room is obvious...
derekpayne
Lieutenant

Post by derekpayne »

Yes i would

Craig's Bond looks like a muscular henchman or heavy. There is no thrilling brilliance or sophistication, just bob the builder. He ruins every scene for me , so that's it, I wont being going back to the cinema until they re cast .

Thats not to say i have anything agaist DC, i dont , i have enjoyed a lot of the previous work he has done. He is just not Bond.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Welcome derekpayne :cheers: :cheers:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Welcome to the forum derekpayne! :cheers:
Eye Of The Tiger
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, Goldfinger
Favorite Movies: The Rocky, Rambo, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, The Karate Kid, Major League franchises

Post by Eye Of The Tiger »

shaken not stirred wrote:Sorry guys I think I'm bowing out, everywhere I go all I here is the same stupid nonsensical zomg best bond evarr, we've lost, this franchise has been thrown to the dogs, if bond had balls he clearly lost them in that torture scene in cr (or babs got them), time to give up on james bond (atleast for Me it is), I can't get angry at this franchise anymore, it's no longer My taste, I don't see what's so appealing about it today (not without physically banging My head hard against a wall for a minute or so), the slit your wrists bond isn't for Me, I don't have anything else more to say :( , people seem to think a less than average monkey in a suit is the best thing ever and that charisma, wit, class are no more than a myth, I feel really sorry for kids today growing up with this current direction, they'll never know the true bond, but I'm wasting My energy.

Fbf: You've got a lot of dedication man but this franchise is well and truly dead, there's no point hanging around hoping it'll change for the best (just like I wanted with resident evil ...and look at it today, still just as bad as it was when 4 came out killing it just like cr did this franchise with an overblown meathead playing an agent who's boss gets off at him with every chance she gets).

GO f**k YOURSELF SKYFALL AND CRAIG AND MS BROCOLLI, your franchise sure did.
Great post!

To be honest, the reasons you stated are the same reasons why I did not even bother posting on here or any other Bond site for a few years now. An "Obsessed" Bond fan for many years, BB and DC killed my enthusiasm for current day Bond. I'm mostly indifferent to anything having to do with the franchise anymore. For me, James Bond lived from 1962 to 2002, and then died after 2002. There's some imposter claiming to be Bond ever since. A not very convincing one at that.
okconnery
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, parts of everything else except Craig
Favorite Movies: Help! (The Beatles)

Post by okconnery »

how quickly Craig changed his mind after the billion Skyfall dollars
"don't diss me OK Connery is the theme from Operation Kid Brother"
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

People? Why do you think the next "chick flick with guns" was pushed back to early 2016? Isn't the screenplay completely ready for filming? Isn't that Mr. Sam "Soap Opera Supporter" Mendes done with his broadway stage works? Why are they delaying it? Obvious. The franchise won't last for the next ten years. There's no coming back. During E3, when Activision (unofficial title since Bobby Kotick's helm; Craptivision) failed to impress the Bond fans with its products, the gaming franchise was well-damaged, and they EON Productions attempted to give the license to several other companies. Warner Bros. offered 200 Million USD for the full-time franchise, but Babs express greed and wanted more than what she was offered. She even wanted to take control of the franchise in her way even if it's Warner Bros. producing it. But, after the deal was withdrawn, nothing was heard from the media about this screwed up franchise ever again. There will be time when Cr-egg and his minions will be bashed. Yes, they went too far with the ridiculous Die Another Day special thanks to that whore called Barbara Broccoli and her underdogs Neal Pervert and Robert Waste. Had it been for Bruce Feirstein to write the 20th film in the series, it would have been as awesome as GE and TND. But, as long as Babs wants "philosophically arty" media to be spread all over the place, Terence Young and his mates will be spinning in their graves. Show some respect to Michael France who outlined Brosnan's Bond with GE that was carried on with TND but was dropped out in TWINE (an artsy movie of itself) but was later continued in the video games such as Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and Everything or Nothing along within Raymond Benson's spectacular novels. But, since 2006, the franchise was well-damaged. Bond is dead and there's no coming back. If he was to come back, then it would take at least 15 years if they stop producing the series from now. A whole new direction would be provided, and please Hollywood, stop being goddamn politically correct supporting some I-don't-know-what (sexual-related) materials and drop out this bloody feminism thing. Bring back the manly characters of the 1950s/1960s/1970s and 1980s!!! An Alpha Male with pair of bullocks and brains!!!
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

I'm sorry, but I can't jump onto this bandwagon of praising Bruce Feirstein just to spite Purvis & Wade, Paul Haggard and John LOWgun, since I believe Feirstein's humorless, self-referencing, erudite writings are just as guilty of the modernized sissifying of the cinematic James Bond. That, and he was a latecomer to Goldeneye after Michael France and Jeffery Caine did most of the work, while Feirstein's sole credit for the videogame emptiness of Tomorrow Never Dies doesn't say much for his own abilities if the New Regime saw fit to enlist new writers for Feistein to work with/be supplanted by on The World Is Not Enough. A shame they turned out to be such inept, malleable, fanboy hacks like Purvis & Wade.

Why am I so sure of this? Long ago, in Commanderbond.net (before it completely degenerated into the Craggy-kiss-@$$ mockery it is now), there was a discussion board topic in which Feirstein was quoted as stating how he would've improved the (to him) terrible pre-credits sequence of Octopussy*, which was basically to remove the coda of the Acrostar jet stopping at a gas station for Bond to tell the old-man attendant to "fill 'er up, please" and replace it with an over-technical scene of the Acrostar flying all the way up into the underhatch of a larger plane in-flight where Bond would receive his next instructions from M and Moneypenny. Now whoever would actually prefer that BORING bull$#!+ over a wonderful wink-and-nod of light-hearted comic relief clearly has no sense of humor. Sadly, that link is now unavailable for reference, but I know it exists because such an arrogant statement is as impossible to forget as Little Richard's boast in the mid-1990's that the Beatles were going back on tour because HE was chosen as their opening act (!). As long as John Lennon (and George Harrison) stays dead, there's no chance in HELL of that ever happening.

In any case, nothing in Feirstein's Bond-writing has disproved my assertion. Worse, his attempts at humor are so smug and self-centered they come off as a snotty hipster saying "This is funny because it's so clever, self-knowing and more mature than all that childish nonsense that came before it, and if you don't like it then that's your problem because I'm so brilliant. So laugh, d**nit!" Like that horrible Minnie Driver cameo as the untalented singer-girlfriend of Robbie Coltrane's Russian gangster, or everytime Natalya gets on Bond's case for destroying every vehicle he touches, and her repellent "Boys With Toys" line that makes NO #*+!ing sense AT ALL when Bond and that Russian Minister are in a shouting match. About the only good thing I would ever credit Feirstein for were the bits between Bond and the REAL Q, especially Q's departure in TWINE, the only good scene in the whole movie that was promptly ruined when they followed it with that awful melodrama of Bond getting all misty-eyed watching the video footage of that drama-queen Elektra recounting her kidnapping "ordeal" (UGH!).

So really, it's this whole self-important seriousness by all (or at least, most) of the writers from 1995 to the Present who have contributed to this mess that the Bond Movies have gotten mired into. If you ask me, they should've taken a cue from the past and just taken it seriously and treat it with respect without letting their own pretensions of how "this kind of work is beneath me, so I'll just poke fun AT IT to show how hip and above-it-all I am" compromise the final result into a schizophrenic mess of being neither one thing nor the other. I'll even take the less-than-stellar efforts of The Man with the Golden Gun and Moonraker over these modern "improvements" because at least those ones just threw themselves into the silliness whole-heartedly without overthinking it to death. They just GOT ON WITH IT, a concept these modern pseudo-intellectual twerps who try to pass themselves off as writers can't seem to grasp without worrying about how it makes them look.

* - BTW, I freaking LOVE Octopussy, so I personally wouldn't change a damned thing about it.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I think Craig's contract could be used for multiple ass wipings as it is a long one lasting until 2050.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I completely agree with [the writer of the removed post - edited by moderator]. It couldn't have been said better. All the proofs are here when you need them. And for your information, Bruce never emo-ised Bond, and is never related to the rubbish Pervert and Waste. So, please make up your mind and stick to the truth which is up there. Period.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I have just removed a lengthy personal attack on another forum member, by a poster who has been warned about such behaviour before. Once again, discuss the arguments, not each other.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kris, you could have just deleted the attacking parts and left the points he was making, not delete the whole post.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Kris, you could have just deleted the attacking parts and left the points he was making, not delete the whole post.
It would have been a heck of a job to rewrite the post to remove the personal attacks and leave the rest, since they were all bound together. However, if the poster wants to repost a defence of Bruce Feirstein that doesn't include personal attacks on Barry Niven, he is quite welcome to do so.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

actually, i think removing the entire post is going considerably too far. it could easilly have been edited. nope, i think this is a genuine case of user discrimination, i have seen it many times before, on many other forums, Especially the old mi6 site. other users were allowed to bash "the assburgers freak" (ie me) as much as they wanted, but if i dared attack back,. WHAM! i got hit with a suspension.

i am not willing to go through that again.

owing to this decision, i am removing myself from this site, seeing as i see my posts as my own personal intellectual property, i also kindly request all of them are removed, along with my account details, i wish my period of forum use to be ranked as having never happpened.
God Save The Queen.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Except that nobody attacked you. And for the record, you're not the only person on this forum with Asperger's Syndrome, though you are the only one who has used it as an excuse to bully and harass other users.