Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Craig and Bill Murray are joining The Monuments Men

Post by Blowfeld »

Liza Foreman Reuters

7:36 p.m. CDT, October 29, 2012

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Daniel Craig and Bill Murray are joining Cate Blanchett and Jean Dujardin in George Clooney's "The Monuments Men," as previously reported in TheWrap.

A rep for George Clooney confirmed the castings to TheWrap.

Blanchett will play the role of Rose Valland, an art historian and member of the French resistance. Dujardin, who became the first French actor to win an Oscar for Best Actor earlier this year (for "The Artist"), will play a supporting role in this story about a group of men and women who chased down the stolen art of Europe during World War II.

"The Monument's Men" is based on the book "The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History," by Robert M Edsel.

Clooney will star in the film and also direct. He is also producing and writing the screenplay with Grant Heslov. Clooney plays George Stout, a U.S. Army officer and leading art conservationist, who repatriated tens of thousands of pieces of art from the Nazis.

The film is shooting in Germany, Austria, Paris and England next spring.

The book focuses on the 11-month period between D-Day and V-E Day.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Craig and Bill Murray are joining The Monuments Men

Post by carl stromberg »

Congratulations of Daniel Craig for finding some non-Bond acting work again. :cheers: aathough he is busy at this time of year - Halloween. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

carl stromberg wrote:Congratulations of Daniel Craig for finding some non-Bond acting work again. :cheers: aathough he is busy at this time of year - Halloween. :wink:
Isn't he king of the goblin men? Busy time of year for him.

:wink:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Hopefully Craig gets more film projects, so that he can finally move away from Bond.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote:Hopefully Craig gets more film projects, so that he can finally move away from Bond.
We've been saying that since CR, but everything he's in outside Bond tanks at the box office.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

It's a good true story which means it will tank. Make it a HBO mini series then it will have a bigger audience and win awards.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Another artsy film, man I miss the days When Mr Murray made Me laugh out loud (ghostbusters, scrooged, groundhog day), ever since lost in translation he's become really boring & I hate to say that about Billy Murray because I grew up on his films, he even voiced garfield (even though the films were crap) & the irony is the guy who voiced him in the real ghostbusters cartoon (good times) Lorenzo music did the voice of garfield, Murray heard it someone took it the wrong way and fired Music and Dan Coulier took his place & ruined it, I guess after Music passed on in 2002 Murray thought he'd do garfield as a tribute.

Music might've not sounded like Venkman from the films but he got his character and everthing else down pat in the cartoon (Which has a lot of adult moments and jokes, now a lot funnier when you're rewatching it when you're older and had the same charm as the first film), then the 2nd one (the gb version of qos) ruined the films and the cartoon later, both completely missed the point of the film and cartoon it never made fun of it's audience by dumbing down and ruining it for you to the point that even at 8 years old seeing the sequel in the cinema it was ruined the minute oscar was put in & like Murray said (who had a real beef with gb2) there was tons of slime and not enough of us, but the original will never be touched.

Ironically enough Vigor was almost as insulting a villain as the evil elvis guy with the fire axe in quantum, he had nothing on zul (they could've burned the painting from the beginning and finished it there and then) and Morranis went from a pretty funny quirky character into an annoying brobuster, janine was changed, egon, hell most of the characters felt like charictures in the film, I still hate how they could ruin the sequel to gb2 to this very day, it was bad then and it's even worse now.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Here is how I see it, Craig is making this movie, probably going to bomb cause that what all WWII movies since Saving Private Ryan do, looking you Valkyrie. Craig is making this and not the tattoo sequels, or maybe he does the tattoo movies later next year but then that puts Bond 23 off until 2015 or 2016.

So they way I see it is unless he gets another new role or two, it this movie, then Bond 24, Tattoo sequel. Or Bond 24 off indefinitely he does this movie, tattoo sequel and whatever else comes his way.

If we believe what we have been told then has has very little time to do other movies besides Bond, but I don't see who we can believe anything we have been told about Bond 24 so far they are contradicting themselves every step of the way. I'd imagine its got to be frustrating for Craig too.
............ :007: