Deadline Site Confirms Craig doing 2 More 007s

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: Deadline Site Confirms Craig doing 2 More 007s

Post by The Saint 007 »

Even if Craig does leave the role after Skyfall, the producers could very well just carry on with this current direction with a new actor. I think the series may have to suffer a steady decline before the producers go back to the classic Bond formula, although I could be wrong. It's just that I don't feel they're going to suddenly go back to the classic formula willingly, especially since they seem to be having fun with reinventing the series.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Kristatos wrote:Do you think that's also the reason The Hobbit is going to be 3 films rather than 2?
I could be wrong but I don't think Jackson would do it unless he believed in it. He is going to make out like a bandit regardless, I don't think he'd compromise his vision of Middle Earth for extra paydays. As it happens a trilogy works out great for MGM and WB so I'm sure they both were very supportive.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

As I remember Craig's original contract had the studio with the option on the fourth, there was a renegotiation around 2007 upping his pay day so some of the details could have changed. But it could be Craig doesn't need to sign anything the studio can say we are optioning 4 & 5, he can always decide not to or the studio can change their mind too. If there was a new contract singed details will come out soon enough.

Craig's first contract also had a time factor as well which is why if Bond 23 were a 2013 movie he'd be gone. As Rumsfeld might say "you go to war with the Bond you have, not the Bond you might want or wish to have at a later time."
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Mazer Rackham wrote:As I remember Craig's original contract had the studio with the option on the fourth, there was a renegotiation around 2007 upping his pay day so some of the details could have changed. But it could be Craig doesn't need to sign anything the studio can say we are optioning 4 & 5, he can always decide not to or the studio can change their mind too. If there was a new contract singed details will come out soon enough.

Craig's first contract also had a time factor as well which is why if Bond 23 were a 2013 movie he'd be gone. As Rumsfeld might say "you go to war with the Bond you have, not the Bond you might want or wish to have at a later time."
The Daily Mail had a story saying the actor would get a combined 20 million pounds for Bond 24 and Bond 25. But the story is a bit coy on just how it knows this The story this is "expected" but doesn't say expected by whom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... films.html
Mazer Rackham
Q
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
The Daily Mail had a story saying the actor would get a combined 20 million pounds for Bond 24 and Bond 25. But the story is a bit coy on just how it knows this The story this is "expected" but doesn't say expected by whom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... films.html
10m a film sounds low for a renegotiated contract, I think Brozza was making more than this for his extra films. Now there is 10m figure is from his first contract where the studio had the option -maybe this was never changed in future revisions. A flat figure like this sounds like an old add on.

Essentially in 2007 Craig's fees were doubled he was originally only going to get 8m for 3 films total and now that's his salary for Bond 23. There are other incentives too.

I may be confusing GBP and USD on some of this I'll think about it more later.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Hopefully cryogenic technology will become more advanced in the future so Barbara Broccoli and the new MI6 forum will be able to bring Daniel Craig back to life if he dies so he can be Bond the next 100 years,
Bring back Bond!
Countach
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Any Bond movies without DC in it!
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
RED
DREDD
Iron Man/Avengers/Thor/Capt America
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

Since Bronsnan gave his midfinger to EON, I just haven't got as excited about any new Bond movies. I was hoping Skyfell will be his last outing and been keeping a lookout for a Bond re-casting news. BUT the worse news happened instead, they signed that fella for another 2!

I rather they cast Matt Lucas as Bond if they want to go realistic. At least, Matt can disguise himself as an irritating pregnant teen if mission required. DC just ducky pout his way thru any movie he is in. He ruined Cowboys and Aliens with that pout too!

So, until a new actor to play Bond. I will just treasure my old James Bond movies on DVD minus the DC ones!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The count speaks the truth :!:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I was hoping Craig's last Bond movie would be in 2010 as he said he wanted to "make 3 and get on with my life" but we had the hiatus and Craig's career is dead so he is going to make Bond movies for the next 25 years.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I was hoping Craig's last Bond movie would be in 2010 as he said he wanted to "make 3 and get on with my life" but we had the hiatus and Craig's career is dead so he is going to make Bond movies for the next 25 years.
If that's the case, send in the weirdos as Bond.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

If that's the case turn this place into a comic fest instead.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I was hoping Craig's last Bond movie would be in 2010 as he said he wanted to "make 3 and get on with my life" but we had the hiatus and Craig's career is dead so he is going to make Bond movies for the next 25 years.
When they get a good Bond they can't keep him, there was something before CR where somebody said this is exactly what they'd do, they'd do a Moore where they keep pressing out the movies with their star of choice.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Coming soon in 2014: Daniel Craig is back as Bond in Nightfire where Bond is haunted by a figure from the past and has to resign from MI6 blah blah blah blah etc etc etc
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

25 years? More like the next 100 years, if Barbara has her way.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

I just read that article by Babs, who stated loud and proud that she never wants Craig to leave Bond, ever! He can stay as long as he wants the gig, according to her.

Wow! She really has got a soft spot for the guy. I wonder if he slept his way to the part, being used as a piece of meat on Bab's casting couch..... :twisted:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Isn't that what we have been saying since 2005 Sweeney? It wasn't his good looks that "nailed" the job :!:
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

It's ultimately up to the audience how long Craig stays, NOT BARBARA. I don't know what her bizarre fascination is with Craig, but it should not be allowed to interfere with the business side of the series. As the customers, it's our money that keeps this series going, and we have the say as to the direction the series should go in. But what does that matter, right? Barbara what probably just continue to do whatever she feels like, even if it means upsetting the fans. Because of her we'll have to suffer with Craig's Bond for eternity.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:If that's the case turn this place into a comic fest instead.
And sending in the weirdos as Bond once DC retires.
Countach
Lieutenant
RED
DREDD
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

The Sweeney wrote:I just read that article by Babs, who stated loud and proud that she never wants Craig to leave Bond, ever! He can stay as long as he wants the gig, according to her.

Wow! She really has got a soft spot for the guy. I wonder if he slept his way to the part, being used as a piece of meat on Bab's casting couch..... :twisted:
HAHAHAHAHA, I agreed with you on that one! CR is just Bab's bitch!

With CR having no career outside of this Bond gig, he will stay forever. Gone are the days when Bond is Bond, now we get an ugly duck as Bond.

I can't say enough how much I dislike CR as Bond. If he plays as Jason Bourne, I ..........might........ like him but not as James Bond! I have yet to met anyone who likes CR as Bond, except some online ppl who sing praises for him. :->
Countach
Lieutenant
RED
DREDD
Indiana Jones

Post by Countach »

The Saint 007 wrote:It's ultimately up to the audience how long Craig stays, NOT BARBARA. I don't know what her bizarre fascination is with Craig, but it should not be allowed to interfere with the business side of the series. As the customers, it's our money that keeps this series going, and we have the say as to the direction the series should go in. But what does that matter, right? Barbara what probably just continue to do whatever she feels like, even if it means upsetting the fans. Because of her we'll have to suffer with Craig's Bond for eternity.
Totally agreed!