Craigskis are scary

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Craigskis are scary

Post by Kristatos »

Posted by a pro-Craig minion on IMDb in response to one of my posts:
Since the new Bond movies want to be darker, they could take up it a notch. Bond is assigned to kill a woman, and he cuts her throat while she's sleeping in bed.
:shock:

ZOMG THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY BADASS!!11eleven It's just what Flemming (sic) would have wanted :roll:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Craigskis are scary

Post by FormerBondFan »

This is why Skyf*ck Your @$$ must go down......far worse than QOS.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:Posted by a pro-Craig minion on IMDb in response to one of my posts:
Since the new Bond movies want to be darker, they could take up it a notch. Bond is assigned to kill a woman, and he cuts her throat while she's sleeping in bed.

ZOMG THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY BADASS!!11eleven It's just what Flemming (sic) would have wanted :roll:
Jesus! Oh My god how do you even think of that. I'd be worried about that kid seriously worried. Um you knwo all this bad repution stuff Bond get about women Dr No, LALD, FRWL, Bond is not a sexual preditor or whatever else they try to lay on him. Ian Fleming was not be happy with Bond as a rapist or slicing a women up as she slept. That is beyond disturbing!
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:[
Jesus! Oh My god how do you even think of that. I'd be worried about that kid seriously worried.
Probably a video gamer. A lot of these Call of Duty-type games would give you points for doing stuff like that.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Kristatos wrote:
Ofc..and perhaps bond should cut off her ears, use them as ear muffs, make her teeth into nunchucks, skin her body, sell it, make it into a handbag, use her hair as a mop, sell it all on ebay and in the words of blue peter say this is something i made earlier, whilst doing the macarena on her dead corpse, recording it and putting in on youtube.

God kids today, hey look I'm a blow stuff up, hooray michael bay is my idol, blowing up stuff and doing little else is so much fun why I almost wish I could go over to a real war right now since I'm such a badass at war games it's nothing to (goes to the real thing and craps more bricks then a constipated rabbit who just saw a music video of justin bieber).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Or perhaps DC's Bond should be Albert Wesker's test subjects for UROBOROS!!!!!!
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Craig fans on IMDb can post some pretty scary or absurd comments. I remember reading a thread there about how Craig was starting to look old. Of course some Craig fans start bashing Roger Moore by posting screen shots of him in A View To A Kill, and saying how he had lots of makeup on to look younger. Then someone said how CGI could be used to make Craig look younger if it was necessary, instead of using tons of makeup like they did with Roger Moore.

First off, considering the fact that Roger Moore was approaching sixty at that time, I think he still looked pretty good for his age. In fact, Moore always looked a little younger than he actually was.

And as for CGI being a resort to make Craig look younger, give me a break. I can just imagine some poor individual being paid to sit in front of a computer trying to make Craig look younger.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

One of those minions said back in 2005 that Pierce is terrible actor, much worse than Steven Seagal.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:One of those minions said back in 2005 that Pierce is terrible actor, much worse than Steven Seagal.
I find that a lot of Craig fans particularly bash Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan whenever they're trying to desperately prove a point.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:One of those minions said back in 2005 that Pierce is terrible actor, much worse than Steven Seagal.
I find that a lot of Craig fans particularly bash Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan whenever they're trying to desperately prove a point.
The minions bash Rog and Pierce because their Bonds are lighthearted. Rog made his Bond lighthearted. As for Pierce, he wanted a darker and gritty Bond himself, but his request was denied.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

FormerBondFan wrote: The minions bash Rog and Pierce because their Bonds are lighthearted. Rog made his Bond lighthearted. As for Pierce, he wanted a darker and gritty Bond himself, but his request was denied.
Very true FBF. We may not share the same views on DC, but you are spot on with your assessment there. :cheers:
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

The Sweeney wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote: The minions bash Rog and Pierce because their Bonds are lighthearted. Rog made his Bond lighthearted. As for Pierce, he wanted a darker and gritty Bond himself, but his request was denied.
Very true FBF. We may not share the same views on DC, but you are spot on with your assessment there. :cheers:
Since the dark and gritty approach of Licence To Kill wasn't very well received by audiences, the producers probably decided that it was best to go back to a more balanced approach with Brosnan.

Now although I'm a fan of Roger Moore and the light-hearted Bond films, I can still understand that some people might not be into that type of humour. But then again, the overly dark approach isn't appealing to everyone either. Out of the two extremes, I would still say that it's better to go with the humorous approach, since it probably still has a wider appeal. And while there are some people who dislike Moore for his light-hearted portrayal of Bond, there are also the forum punks that just bash him religiously because they think it's the cool thing to do. One person says something insulting towards Moore, then others feel they have to join in. And when they're sick of that, then they usually move on to Brosnan.

Sean Connery even has some campy liners/moments in some of his Bond films too, especially in Diamonds Are Forever. Don't get me wrong, I like Sean Connery a lot. Connery and Moore are my most favourite Bonds, but I don't like the fact when people say that Connery has never had any silly moments. Although Moore did portray Bond more comical, he still did have moments throughout all his Bond films where he could be lethal. For Your Eyes Only is one of the best examples of this, and it shows that Moore could not only play the part humorously, but seriously as well.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007 wrote: Sean Connery even has some campy liners/moments in some of his Bond films too, especially in Diamonds Are Forever. Don't get me wrong, I like Sean Connery a lot. Connery and Moore are my most favourite Bonds, but I don't like the fact when people say that Connery has never had any silly moments. Although Moore did portray Bond more comical, he still did have moments throughout all his Bond films where he could be lethal. For Your Eyes Only is one of the best examples of this, and it shows that Moore could not only play the part humorously, but seriously as well.
It's a shame Moore didn't do more serious Bond films, as he was very effective when suddenly showing a more serious side, much better than Brozza could, IMO. I think Moore's finest moment as Bond appears in MR, during the centrifuge scene, which is one of my all-time favourite moments in the entire franchise.

As for Connery's weaker films (YOLT, DAF and NSNA), I think most fans recognise Connery's Bond films declined after TB. I think YOLT is not very good at all, and Moore's better films are far better than Connery's weaker flicks - LALD and TMWTGG are my 2 Moore favourites.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

The Sweeney wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote: Sean Connery even has some campy liners/moments in some of his Bond films too, especially in Diamonds Are Forever. Don't get me wrong, I like Sean Connery a lot. Connery and Moore are my most favourite Bonds, but I don't like the fact when people say that Connery has never had any silly moments. Although Moore did portray Bond more comical, he still did have moments throughout all his Bond films where he could be lethal. For Your Eyes Only is one of the best examples of this, and it shows that Moore could not only play the part humorously, but seriously as well.
It's a shame Moore didn't do more serious Bond films, as he was very effective when suddenly showing a more serious side, much better than Brozza could, IMO. I think Moore's finest moment as Bond appears in MR, during the centrifuge scene, which is one of my all-time favourite moments in the entire franchise.

As for Connery's weaker films (YOLT, DAF and NSNA), I think most fans recognise Connery's Bond films declined after TB. I think YOLT is not very good at all, and Moore's better films are far better than Connery's weaker flicks - LALD and TMWTGG are my 2 Moore favourites.
It's good to see someone who likes The Man With The Golden Gun, I think it's a very underappreciated Bond film. I personally like all of Moore's Bond films. I agree with you about the centrifuge scene in Moonraker as one of Moore's finer moments. Another good scene is in The Spy Who Loved Me between Bond and Anya Amasova after she discovers Bond was responsible for killing her lover. It's considered to be one of Moore's most powerful, emotionally charged scenes in all his Bond films.

This video shows some of Moore's more lethal moments as Bond:

There are other moments that the video doesn't cover, such as Drax's death in Moonraker, the death of the twin henchman in Octopussy, as well as others, but it just goes to show that Moore did have a lot more cold-blooded moments than most people say.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

If Rog made his start in DN instead of Sean, would his Bond be more serious than he was as he know him to be?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:Since the dark and gritty approach of Licence To Kill wasn't very well received by audiences, the producers probably decided that it was best to go back to a more balanced approach with Brosnan.
I think Pierce wanted a dark and gritty approach in the likes of Sean's films, but I can imagine him wanted an LTK style Bond himself. And as dark and violent LTK is, there are some funny moments in there. I don't know why, but I find it funny when Tim said to Pam Bouvier to "switch the bloody machine off."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote:Since the dark and gritty approach of Licence To Kill wasn't very well received by audiences, the producers probably decided that it was best to go back to a more balanced approach with Brosnan.
Or without him. Goldeneye was originally intended for Tim, and I suspect it would have been much the same film with him in as it was with Pierce.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan, I'm not too sure if Roger Moore's portrayal of Bond would have been any different if he had first played in Dr.No instead of Sean Connery. When he was playing in The Saint television series during the 1960's, he pretty much played the character of Simon Templar the same way as he played Bond. Some people complain about that, while there are others who feel he played the role of Simon Templar better and more seriously than Bond. I don't know, I think he plays both characters in the same style. Roger Moore just plays as himself for the most part.

Yeah, I also found that part in Licence To Kill funny where Dalton shouts at Pam Bouvier to "Switch this bloody machine off!"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote: Yeah, I also found that part in Licence To Kill funny where Dalton shouts at Pam Bouvier to "Switch this bloody machine off!"
I also laughed in TLD when Kara says that they're safe and Bond replies "Kara, we're in the middle of a Russian airbase in Afghanistan".
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Kristatos wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote: Yeah, I also found that part in Licence To Kill funny where Dalton shouts at Pam Bouvier to "Switch this bloody machine off!"
I also laughed in TLD when Kara says that they're safe and Bond replies "Kara, we're in the middle of a Russian airbase in Afghanistan".
Yes, The Living Daylights did have some good one-liners/moments in it. Another part in Licence To Kill that I found kind of funny, was the scene where Bond and Pam are escaping Sanchez's desert laboratory, and Pam takes the money back from Joe Butcher as they pass by him, and he just stands there and says "Bless your heart."