Worst/Daftest Moments of the Craig Era

Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Re: Worst/Daftest Moments of the Craig Era

Post by Alessandra »

The Sweeney wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
katied wrote: All I can say about the rape scenes is..it was a different era, and leave it at that. :shock:
Yes, if they're going to justify it on the grounds that it was in the novels, are they also going to start replicating the casual racism of LALD and DAF? Thought not.
This seems to be the muddled, bizarre confusion on EON's part. They feel it is ok to add a near-rape scene in the film, to keep in line with Fleming, but we cannot (heaven forbid) see Bond smoking a cigarette, even though he smoked 60 a day in the novels.

So rape is ok, smoking is definitely not..... :^o):
This is one of the most absurd things as you very well underlined. Also, the smoking thing is utter BS. Does anyone here watch Mad Men? They do NOTHING BUT smoke and drink in it. It's set in the 60s, so clearly they keep it in line with how things were. If they do it on a mainstream TV show I don't see why they cannot do it in a movie. Since Bond is supposed to be a heavy smoker, he should by all means smoke. But yeah, that's BAD! We can show rape, casual sex, and most of all VIOLENCE in whatever form. But not smoking. _.///
"Are we on coms?"
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

katied wrote:The scenes with Bond and Vesper haven't aged well. Sugary enough to send diabetics and non-diabetics alike into a diabetic coma! :twisted:
That bloody romance, I thought cr was crap and bad enough as it is since it was the first bond film to put Me to sleep but the romance it didn't feel right on the characters it felt just as bad as bond getting a girl by telling her about stationary, the romance was cheesier then a cheesie wotsit that went on to be re-relected cheesiest candidate of cheesyville.

James bond: and the pointless 5 min love filler that could've worked if I actually gave a d**n about these characters..hell bond may just as well as fell in love with a toaster in this film or an ipod.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
katied

Post by katied »

Eva Green always looks like she both got dressed in the dark and put her makeup on in the dark. She also wears these Morticia Addams get ups to movie premieres. Just...no.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:Eva Green always looks like she both got dressed in the dark and put her makeup on in the dark. She also wears these Morticia Addams get ups to movie premieres. Just...no.
THANK YOU! I couldn't have said it better myself. It is exactly how I feel about her. She ALWAYS has the Morticia Addams look to her which I hate. And, that's absolutely and completely inappropriate for a Bond girl. ESPECIALLY for Vesper Lynd. All those ridiculously baroque outfits they put her in... and the makeup. Just no.
That bloody romance, I thought cr was crap and bad enough as it is since it was the first bond film to put Me to sleep but the romance it didn't feel right on the characters it felt just as bad as bond getting a girl by telling her about stationary, the romance was cheesier then a cheesie wotsit that went on to be re-relected cheesiest candidate of cheesyville.

James bond: and the pointless 5 min love filler that could've worked if I actually gave a d**n about these characters..hell bond may just as well as fell in love with a toaster in this film or an ipod.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And it would also have been a far more useful and entertaining affair to watch, had it been with an ipod or a toaster :lol:

I don't think I ever hated a romance in a Bond movie as much as I hated this one. And what pissed me off even more was that this was supposed to be the quintessential Bond romance. Surely, with a helpless woman with Gothic looks who is devious in spite of being basically unable of doing anything. :roll:
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

There's such a thing as TOO much makeup....Eva's got a Tammy Fae Bakker thing going on with her makeup most of the time.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:There's such a thing as TOO much makeup....Eva's got a Tammy Fae Bakker thing going on with her makeup most of the time.
I think it's not even just a matter of too much but also of completely wrong color pattern. they make her pale as a ghost with those bright red lips. It's horrid. And when she was in evening dresses, she definitely also had way too much makeup on. It's... I don't know whoever picked that, they just clearly had no idea how Vesper was supposed to look like, and least of all did they know the meaning of refined, stylish clothing and makeup.
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Eva is someone who is in need of a stylists..and if she has one, should fire them right away! :mrgreen:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:Eva is someone who is in need of a stylists..and if she has one, should fire them right away! :mrgreen:
She is in dire need of a best friend too... who tells her the truth when she asks "do I look good in this?" :mrgreen: I've seen her in the most improbable outfits at Bond premieres around the world, let alone after :shock: I swear I cannot understand how a man can find her attractive. (and yes guys I know some of you do). She isn't ugly by all means but she certainly isn't beautiful. And she has got zero sex appeal IMO.

Sigh. And sigh. My Christmas Bond marathon is doing me no good.. as in I'm more in love than ever with Pierce (and Timothy, though to a lesser extent) and more and more furious at Babs for casting Craig. :cuss:
Last edited by Alessandra on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

I've noticed that in all the roles she's had since CR she's worn a lot of makeup.I guess there are roles where that is a *good* thing. :?
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:I've noticed that in all the roles she's had since CR she's worn a lot of makeup.I guess there are roles where that is a *good* thing. :?
God knows. Or maybe she only works with that look. Thing is, it takes far less effort and time to put on a lot of makeup than to do the "natural" look. That takes forever to do (ask any make up artist). It takes a lot more attention and requires more products of different kinds... but the effect is just so much better. They gave her the natural look for that shower scene in CR and she looked a LOT better than she did in the rest of the movie. (yeah men don't be fooled... it's not that she's wearing less makeup, she's wearing just as much, but it's just laid on MUCH better. LOL).
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

LOL they gave her the natural look in the shower scene because they didn't want to put all that makeup on her and have it get washed off! :twisted:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

katied wrote:LOL they gave her the natural look in the shower scene because they didn't want to put all that makeup on her and have it get washed off! :twisted:
:twisted: :lol:

That must be about right :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Ale wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it would also have been a far more useful and entertaining affair to watch, had it been with an ipod or a toaster :lol:

I don't think I ever hated a romance in a Bond movie as much as I hated this one. And what pissed me off even more was that this was supposed to be the quintessential Bond romance. Surely, with a helpless woman with Gothic looks who is devious in spite of being basically unable of doing anything. :roll:
Eva: I love you bond suddenly for no reason except the script says so
Bond: I love you to random lady that's almost 20 years younger then me that probably wasn't in school that long ago that I only just met and got in an argument over a tuxedo.

Yeah bond and ipod would've been funnier, quantum of solace: they took his license (because he can't operate an automatic), they took his dignity (although that was quesstioned if he had any in the first place), they took his freedom (wait wrong film),.....and now, they destroyed the most valuable thing to him he held dearly...his ipod, james bond is 007 quantum of ipod (solace was a stupid word so we used ipod as well).

Bond: They killed My ipod, I'll make them pay
m: but you never knew it that long
bond: you don't understand...thanks to them...I'll never be able to listen to can't touch this by mc hammer again and the titanic song...and that song about chipmunks.
Bad guy: It''s just an ipod, please let me go
Bond: Was it, WAS IT, that ipod and me were going places (kills bad guy).
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

shaken not stirred wrote:
Ale wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bond: I love you to random lady that's almost 20 years younger then me that probably wasn't in school that long ago that I only just met and got in an argument over a tuxedo.

Yeah bond and ipod would've been funnier, quantum of solace: they took his license (because he can't operate an automatic), they took his dignity (although that was quesstioned if he had any in the first place), they took his freedom (wait wrong film),.....and now, they destroyed the most valuable thing to him he held dearly...his ipod, james bond is 007 quantum of ipod (solace was a stupid word so we used ipod as well).

bond: you don't understand...thanks to them...I'll never be able to listen to can't touch this by mc hammer again and the titanic song...and that song about chipmunks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: PRICELESS! And far more entertaining than Purvis and Wade dialogue. Wait it wasn't even an ipod? He had a fake! :lol: (that's because Craig looks d**n cheap compared to ACTUAL James Bond actors, so his Bond wouldn't even have an actual ipod... Sad times for Bond when this is way funnier and way more entertaining to post about this than to watch movies. Oh wait, that wasn't a Bond movie, that was Bourne redux meets the Incredible Hulk. :evil:
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Classic. I never thought about Eva being quite a bit younger than Craig, but she is(almost 10 years.) That might attract the wrong kind of attention, given the situation! :mrgreen:
shaken not stirred
Agent

M: bolivias losing water, we need to take action, who you gonna call
Staff: ghostbusters
M: No you twats, james bond
Staff: Shouldn't we tell their government instead, why involve us?
M: We need a plot and dammit this is a plot and here he is now hello bond
Bond: huh who are you, is this spain
M:oh hahaha he's kidding.
bond: how high up are we, this better not be bloody high, I hate heights, brb (bond punches through a wall to get a beer, comes back and sits down) continue (coughs loudly and gives some of them a funny look, looks at person next to him)...do you know how to drive an automatic, I've crashed...every (hic) care I've used, I screwed a women who was legal, atleast I think she was and she betray (hic) ed me...do u know (hic) I got hit in the nuts once with a rop
M: that's enough bond, now sit in a corner till you've learned your lesson.
Bond: (acts like kevin from harry enfield) oh...heh that's so unfair, I hate you, I wish you were dead, hehe (bond sniggers, puts on dunce hat and sits in corner).
M:Now as I was saying bond is a trained professional and this is one of his off days
Bond: Can I go home then
M: Shut up bond
Bond: You're not the boss of me....wench
M: what was that.
bond: I said this was a lovely bench.
M: we need bond to get the water supply back for bolivia
Bond: What am I captain planet, why don't you call him
M: captain planet isn't real
Bond: Right, next you'll be telling me the matrix isn't real and santa claus...silly woman.
(Later that day)
Bond: where's this quantam?, aren't they a dishwasher company?....who the beep calls themselfs quantum (sees a woman pics her up, brings her to hotel)...it looks like I need you to help Me with....stationary).
(Later on) bond:cool another woman (lets woman in) I'm bond
Woman: and I'm catwoman
Bond: You're catwoman...hurray.

Sorry for going off topic.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

The worst Moments of the Craig era,
The beginning, The middle and The End :D
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Thunderpussy wrote:The worst Moments of the Craig era,
Excellent job. :twisted:
"Are we on coms?"
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Ale wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:The worst Moments of the Craig era,
Excellent job. :twisted:
Boo...hiss...boo
:fight:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Daniel Craig coming back for a third outing four years after making one of the worst movies ever.