Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Gemma Arterton called 'fat' by designer

Post by Blowfeld »

Gemma Arterton, the size eight British actress, has admitted to feeling "fat" and claimed a designer insulted her by questioning why she could not fit into smaller outfits.
Arterton conceded to feeling "depressed" and "really unhappy" with the way she looked on screen in her latest film, Disney's Prince of Persia.

She said: "It's so ridiculous. I went to a designer the other day, who will remain nameless, and he said to me: 'I'm amazed that you're fitting into those sample sizes.'

"I thought: 'Hang on a minute! I'm a size eight to 10! I should be amazed that the largest you're making these is a size six.'"

The actress, who starred as Strawberry Fields in Quantum of Solace, the latest James Bond movie, said she would have to stop eating completely to slim down any further.

She said: "The only way that I could ever be a size six is if I didn't eat. I'm not naturally meant to be that size.

"Now I have those moments where I think, are my arms fat? Have I got a fat face? But I've yet to meet a girl who is completely confident about the way she looks."

She added that she hated seeing herself on screen in her latest movie because of the way she feels.

She said: "I remember seeing myself in it and thinking, what the hell am I doing in it? Every insecurity you have is amplified on the big screen."
This story can be found at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... igner.html
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
katied

Re: Gemma Arterton called 'fat' by designer

Post by katied »

I'm not a fan of Gemma's,but that is rude.That's the only way to describe it. :cuss:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

She may be moving up in the world.
Gemma Arterton Likely Replacement for Megan Fox in "Transformers 3" (PHOTOS)
May 19, 2010 06:08 PM EDT (Updated: May 19, 2010 07:59 PM EDT)
views: 76 | 2 people recommend this

Gemma Arterton, best known for Clash of the Titans, the James Bond flick Quantum of Solace, and the new Prince of Persia film, is the frontrunner to replace Megan "The Megaphone" Fox in Transformers 3, after Fox's constant complaining about that series' director, Michael Bay, finally forced her out of the franchise.

According to The Wrap.com, other contenders include Bar Rafaeli, Miranda Kerr and Brooklyn Decker.

According to Deadline.com, the straw that broke the Fox's back was her interview with Allure magazine this week, in which she explained her new, paler self by saying: "I had been tanning a lot so that Michael would be happy with my skin tone. Every spare moment of sun that was outside, I had to be in it. It's not going to happen again because of the damage and the possible skin cancer."

This follows remarks made during her publicity tour for that box-office smash Jennifer's Body when she said of Bay's working methods that he strives to "create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation. He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is. So he's a nightmare to work for."

Guess she won't have to worry about that anymore. Bay is said to be finishing up the T3 script, and Deadline quotes a source as saying that, "Giving Shia [LaBeouf] a new love interest makes more sense for the story."

Wait, there are stories in the Transformers movies?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Goldeneye wrote:She may be moving up in the world.
Gemma Arterton Likely Replacement for Megan Fox in "Transformers 3" (PHOTOS)
May 19, 2010 06:08 PM EDT (Updated: May 19, 2010 07:59 PM EDT)
views: 76 | 2 people recommend this

Gemma Arterton, best known for Clash of the Titans, the James Bond flick Quantum of Solace, and the new Prince of Persia film, is the frontrunner to replace Megan "The Megaphone" Fox in Transformers 3, after Fox's constant complaining about that series' director, Michael Bay, finally forced her out of the franchise.

According to The Wrap.com, other contenders include Bar Rafaeli, Miranda Kerr and Brooklyn Decker.

According to Deadline.com, the straw that broke the Fox's back was her interview with Allure magazine this week, in which she explained her new, paler self by saying: "I had been tanning a lot so that Michael would be happy with my skin tone. Every spare moment of sun that was outside, I had to be in it. It's not going to happen again because of the damage and the possible skin cancer."

This follows remarks made during her publicity tour for that box-office smash Jennifer's Body when she said of Bay's working methods that he strives to "create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation. He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is. So he's a nightmare to work for."

Guess she won't have to worry about that anymore. Bay is said to be finishing up the T3 script, and Deadline quotes a source as saying that, "Giving Shia [LaBeouf] a new love interest makes more sense for the story."

Wait, there are stories in the Transformers movies?
If Megan Fox's out of Transformers 3, her character should be written out of the movie.