Sum up the Craig era in two words

Bond,1962-1989
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, OMHSS, DAF, LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, Moonraker, FYEO, OP, AVTAK, TLD, LTK, GE, TND, TWINE, DAD, NSNA. Bascially, any REAL Bond movie (i.e no Craig).

Re: Sum up the Craig era in two words

Post by Bond,1962-1989 »

carl stromberg wrote:Welcome Bond 1962-1989. :cheers: I think you must be more a fan of Cubby than Barbara!

Absolutely. He was one of the last true titans of the film industry who cared about the Bond franchise a great deal. I can't imagine him even considering Craig for the role of Bond. Red Grant's long lost son, maybe. :)
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Bond,1962-1989 wrote:Barbara's mistake.
He is her 007. Next year he will have had the job for 10 years a lot of what ifs in between 2002 to 2006 then to the future when Craig leaves.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It was a dark day when Babs gained full control of Bond and got to choose her own Bond actor...............
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Ersatz Bond
Bring back Bond!
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Angstyness rebourne: a tale of two men who can't let go of their mum, skyfall: coming to a tate art gallery near you soon...(what did you expect an exploding pen :^o): ).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

British Segal. or Barbara's Bond.Even better. :down:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:British Segal. or Barbara's Bond.Even better. :down:
British Seagal. Good one right there.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:British Segal. or Barbara's Bond.Even better. :down:
British Seagal. Good one right there.
Sorry,misspelled it.
fratrick
New Recruit

Post by fratrick »

ROBOT
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Ruined franchise
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

acid wrote:Ruined franchise
Spot on.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Replace script-writers!

Seriously, I can't believe it's still P+W. I've personally found every Bond film they've scripted (TWINE on) to feel, I don't know, sort of disjointed. I know most of the classic Bond films weren't known for their elaborate plots, but the modern films just don't seem to flow right for me. They're uneasy watching. The clunky product placement and pathetic "homages" probably don't help.
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:
acid wrote:Ruined franchise
Spot on.
:cheers:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

acid wrote:Replace script-writers!

Seriously, I can't believe it's still P+W. I've personally found every Bond film they've scripted (TWINE on) to feel, I don't know, sort of disjointed. I know most of the classic Bond films weren't known for their elaborate plots, but the modern films just don't seem to flow right for me. They're uneasy watching. The clunky product placement and pathetic "homages" probably don't help.
Especially with CR.God,it's so d**n boring to watch.It's not about Craig only.I mean I don't what was with all that awful dialogue.TWINE got things teriffically in one part.But it's like they threw Christmas Jones in,made a pun about her and then took the day off to congratulate themselves.I seriously will never understand how Apted,the so called "character director" said "yes" to that...
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

One word: SH#T.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Stop now.
Daniel Craig
New Recruit

Post by Daniel Craig »

Huge Wang
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Well we know that's not true. ;)

Will the real Olwen Williams please stand up.

Well whatever. I disabled your avatar for now, which ironically actually was too big, I suppose that was your point. The admin will have to fix the scaling issue and re-enable it.
Still you're welcome in my book.
Cheers!
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Daniel Craig joined? I didn't know he ever cared what the old fans thought of him. :lol: Anyways, welcome.

Now back to topic:
Disturbingly Blatant
shaken not stirred
Agent

Killed interest.