Face it chaps. You will feel better.

jimmyjazz
New Recruit

Re: Face it chaps. You will feel better.

Post by jimmyjazz »

Aha an interesting one. I suppose he was then.......as Craig is now
jimmyjazz
New Recruit

Post by jimmyjazz »

katied wrote:
To rely on personal opinion to settle differences results in silence as far debate is concerned. I dismiss the pre Craig films because of their common formula
Umm what? :? :? :? :?

Once you retreat to the safety of 'personal opinion' to settle a difference a debate ends. Imagine opposing parties in a government ending every debate with 'well that just your opinion'. There would be silence in the room every time and nothing would change, nobody would learn anything.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

We are not here to learn about Bond Jimbo, we already know that. This website is here to discuss our total disdain of Craig as Bond. Those who want to express their contrary opinion here are free to do so, but just realize what this site is all about. There are other Craig lovefest forums out there. This is just not one of them.
jimmyjazz
New Recruit

Post by jimmyjazz »

We are not here to learn about Bond Jimbo, we already know that. This website is here to discuss our total disdain of Craig as Bond. Those who want to express their contrary opinion here are free to do so, but just realize what this site is all about. There are other Craig lovefest forums out there. This is just not one of them.

What is the point of discussion without learning as an end result? I suspect that not one of you is here to
discuss
, (with the exception of Mr Sweeney of course). This forum is more like a bitch fest to gossip and complain. Well you could do that for years. Opposing viewpoints are your only hope of salvation in the shape of understanding opposing points of view.
katied

Post by katied »

What is the point of discussion without learning as an end result? I suspect that not one of you is here to
discuss
, (with the exception of Mr Sweeney of course). This forum is more like a bitch fest to gossip and complain. Well you could do that for years. Opposing viewpoints are your only hope of salvation in the shape of understanding opposing points of view.
This? is trolling.

The DCINB forums are the polar opposite of all the Craig lovefest boards out there, and thank god for that! 8) 8) 8)
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Jim does have a point. What's the point in a forum. It is to debate, surely.
The tolerance level on here is very mild, which is the forum's strong points. There are also a few decent intelligent posters on this board who are more open to debate and discussion. You'll figure them out as time goes on.

And Jim, don't worry about any accusations that comes from Katied. She watched CR 11 times at the cinema, worshipped the ground Craig walked on, and posted endless messages on MI6 stating so.

She then fell out with the moderators, so decided to get even with them by posting on here, and suddenly switching sides. She now hates all things Craig.

And she dare to call you a troll..... :lol:
Last edited by The Sweeney on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
katied

Post by katied »

Jimmyjazz:"blah blah blah Craig's movies are great and everything else is crap", blah blah blah.

How is that NOT trolling? I get that people are entitled to their opinion but that's not a opinion. It's a sweeping dismissal of all the non Craig Bond films and non-Craig Bonds. :?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote:Jim does have a point. What's the point in a forum. It is to debate, surely.
The tolerance level on here is very mild, which is the forum's strong points.

And Jim, don't worry about any accusations that comes from Katied. She watched CR 11 times at the cinema, worshipped the ground Craig walked on, and posted endless messages on MI6 stating so.

She then fell out with the moderators, so decided to get even with them by posting on here, and suddenly switching sides. She now hates all things Craig.

And she dare to call you a troll..... :lol:
Debate is great;however, a pro-Craigger trying to TEACH us something about the Bond franchise? Calling this forum a 'bitch fest' is real clever? Really now. :shock: The tolerance level at your 'other home' does not exist beyond 2 or 3 anti-Craig posts. By the way, USA network just premiered your's and Jimbo's favorite Bond film, CR. It will be on for 4 consecutive evenings. I await to see how much longer after that. USA tossed out a bunch of dough for those rights I bet.
katied

Post by katied »

Debate is great
I don't have a problem with debates.What I do have a problem with is people coming here and trying to force Daniel Craig on us the way Jimmyjazz has. :?
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:

How is that NOT trolling? I get that people are entitled to their opinion but that's not a opinion. It's a sweeping dismissal of all the non Craig Bond films and non-Craig Bonds. :?
If you read his original, well-constructed post, outlining his thoughts on Bond, and how he has come to change his opinion, no, it was not a sweeping dismissal, and not a trolling post.

You turned it into a trolling debate by suddenly accusing him of being a teenager, and a liar. And you are suddenly forgetting your own standpoint on this, and where you have come from. You ain't whiter-than-white, holier-than-thou, so don't suddenly pretend you are now. One quick scan through your back posts on MI6 and copied and pasted here would easily keep you very quiet.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones, and all that.....
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:Debate is great;however, a pro-Craigger trying to TEACH us something about the Bond franchise? Calling this forum a 'bitch fest' is real clever? Really now. :shock: The tolerance level at your 'other home' does not exist beyond 2 or 3 anti-Craig posts. By the way, USA network just premiered your's and Jimbo's favorite Bond film, CR. It will be on for 4 consecutive evenings. I await to see how much longer after that. USA tossed out a bunch of dough for those rights I bet.
His original post outlined his own opinion, and was not aggressive at all. He only stooped to the level of calling this place a `bitch fest' once he was accused of lying and being a teenager.

Can you not see how the behaviour here towards a new member with an opposing view is no different to what you accuse MI6 of...?
Last edited by The Sweeney on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
katied

Post by katied »

Jimmyjazz' viewpoint isn't a popular one here. save for one or two people :?. We see his posts for what they are: trying to make us like Daniel Craig .Good freaking luck. :?

Oh and as Kris has already said, and I agreed with, there's nothing MI6-like about what we do to new posters like Jimmyjazz .He has an agenda.One that we're not buying into,thankyouverymuch :?
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:Jimmyjazz' viewpoint isn't a popular one here. save for one or two people :?. We see his posts for what they are: trying to make us like Daniel Craig .Good freaking luck. :?
So if its not popular, he should be ridiculed, poked fun at, called a liar, a troll, etc.

And how is this different to MI6?
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote: Oh and as Kris has already said, and I agreed with, there's nothing MI6-like about what we do to new posters like Jimmyjazz .He has an agenda.One that we're not buying into,thankyouverymuch :?
What Kris says and what you say are worlds apart. Please don't put yourself in the same sentence as him.
katied

Post by katied »

We don't accuse every new poster of being Bond_Fan for one thing. :?

IMO I think we're very friendly, but when someone like Jimmyjazz starts posting here, with a pro-Craig agenda, we're well within our rights to be suspicious of him.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:We don't accuse every new poster of being Bond_Fan for one thing. :?

IMO I think we're very friendly, but when someone like Jimmyjazz starts posting here, with a pro-Craig agenda, we're well within our rights to be suspicious of him.
Why???
katied

Post by katied »

This isn't one of the Danie Craig lovefest boards. :roll: forgive us if we're not exactly happy with someone like Jimmyazz posting here :roll:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:This isn't one of the Danie Craig lovefest boards. :roll: forgive us if we're not exactly happy with someone like Jimmyazz posting here :roll:
Not, but it is still a Bond forum, to debate the topic of Craig as Bond though, correct?

Or do you not wish to have opposing opinions on here...?
katied

Post by katied »

Like I said:Can you see how someone who tries to cram a pro-Craig agenda down out throats might not be the most popular person? I don't care what you do or don't like, and I'm open to opposing opinions.Just not ones that are trolling. :roll:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:Like I said:Can you see how someone who tries to cram a pro-Craig agenda down out throats might not be the most popular person? I don't care what you do or don't like, and I'm open to opposing opinions.Just not ones that are trolling. :roll:
And the guy was not trolling. He was putting forward his opinion. Since when was that ever trolling?