Which is preferable?

Saunders
Lieutenant

Which is preferable?

Post by Saunders »

Or the lesser of two evils, if you like.

A. An ugly classic-style Bond
B. A handsomer Craig-style Bond
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: Which is preferable?

Post by Blowfeld »

The lesser of two weevils?
Depends.

'A. An ugly classic-style Bond' Daniel trying his dower hand at Sean Connery's 007?

'B. A handsomer Craig-style Bond' Hugh Jackman playing 007 the ugly world created for Daniel's 007?

I don't know that I can choose. A actor like Hugh would be refreshing, however the old ugly Bond world is done with. Perhaps even taken too far with the latest film and I don't think it would be interesting.

Daniel trying to play the classic 007 in the classic 007 world would be too painful to watch.

Under these terms I have to go with the least evil Hugh Jackman style actor in Craig-styled Bond becasue they at least would be enjoyable to watch.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
katied

Post by katied »

Blowfeld wrote:The lesser of two weevils?
Depends.

'A. An ugly classic-style Bond' Daniel trying his dower hand at Sean Connery's 007?

'B. A handsomer Craig-style Bond' Hugh Jackman playing 007 the ugly world created for Daniel's 007?

I don't know that I can choose. A actor like Hugh would be refreshing, however the old ugly Bond world is done with. Perhaps even taken too far with the latest film and I don't think it would be interesting.

Daniel trying to play the classic 007 in the classic 007 world would be too painful to watch.

Under these terms I have to go with the least evil Hugh Jackman style actor in Craig-styled Bond becasue they at least would be enjoyable to watch.
Definitely a Hugh Jackman type. :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I go for B too. At least if a handsome Bond is in a grim movie, one can hope that the next one will be better, whereas Craig in a more traditional Bond film will still be Craig.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

None of the above.Bring Back Bond!
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Saunders wrote:Or the lesser of two evils, if you like.

A. An ugly classic-style Bond
B. A handsomer Craig-style Bond
You mean just on looks alone? Same writing? Then I'd prefer the classic Bond every time.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.