The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Second time round and.....

Post by Skywalker »

It's even worse. Quantum of Solace is easily the worst Bond film of all time (IMO).

I often stay away from home due to a change of working location. The hotel I stay in has a selection of movies which are on a pay per view basis. As I frequent the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised to be given a room upgrade on a recent visit and one of the features of the upgrade was that the movie channel was free to watch. Following some nice food and a couple of glasses of wine, I decided to go back to my room early and see what movie was available. Luckily for me, QOS was the choice of the day. With nothing else watchable on TV, coupled with the fact I had just finished reading Sir Rog's brilliant 'My word is my Bond', I decided to give old craggy face another opportunity to win me over.

The film is so bland and blunt that you'd forget it was a Bond film apart from the odd 'James' and 'Mr Bond'. Even then you have to try and convince yourself this anemic looking pensioner is the same guy as the sauve, sophisticated secret agent who was a joy to watch on screen.

This website deserves credit for highlighting the terrible choice of actor who is without doubt the most poorly cast actor in the history of Bond.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
katied

Re: Second time round and.....

Post by katied »

They shouldn't charge anything for watching QOS. What other movies do they have on Pay Per View at that hotel?
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

katied wrote:They shouldn't charge anything for watching QOS. What other movies do they have on Pay Per View at that hotel?
They only show 1 per night and it's generally something newish.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
katied

Post by katied »

They only show 1 per night and it's generally something newish.
Ahh. If I were staying at a hotel with Pay Per View I'd just watch whatever else was on(those places always have HBO which I don't get so I'll take any chance I get to watch it.) I'm guessing it's not the 4 Seasons if they only have one PPV movie(and it's QOS to boot!)
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Skywalker wrote:It's even worse. Quantum of Solace is easily the worst Bond film of all time (IMO).

I often stay away from home due to a change of working location. The hotel I stay in has a selection of movies which are on a pay per view basis. As I frequent the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised to be given a room upgrade on a recent visit and one of the features of the upgrade was that the movie channel was free to watch. Following some nice food and a couple of glasses of wine, I decided to go back to my room early and see what movie was available. Luckily for me, QOS was the choice of the day. With nothing else watchable on TV, coupled with the fact I had just finished reading Sir Rog's brilliant 'My word is my Bond', I decided to give old craggy face another opportunity to win me over.

The film is so bland and blunt that you'd forget it was a Bond film apart from the odd 'James' and 'Mr Bond'. Even then you have to try and convince yourself this anemic looking pensioner is the same guy as the sauve, sophisticated secret agent who was a joy to watch on screen.

This website deserves credit for highlighting the terrible choice of actor who is without doubt the most poorly cast actor in the history of Bond.
Sorry your sensibilities were abused on what otherwise sounded like an enjoyable evening. Oddly not too dissimilar to one that Ian's 007 would have relished :)
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Skywalker wrote:It's even worse. Quantum of Solace is easily the worst Bond film of all time (IMO).

For what it's worth Skywalker, I wasn't overly impressed with QoS either. Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

I personally think the faults lie more with the film itself though (script, direction, editing, plot, etc.) than the actor playing Bond. Stick Brozza in that film, and the result would be the same, IMO. I actually thought Craig was the only decent thing to come out of QoS.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Sorry you didn't enjoy it Skywalker.
Truth be known, it's not my favourite Bond film.
Bit of a mess really. But I still thought Dan the man was good. :wink:
katied

Post by katied »

Sorry your sensibilities were abused on what otherwise sounded like an enjoyable evening. Oddly not too dissimilar to one that Ian's 007 would have relished :)
Ian would have turned the TV off and gone to bed :P
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

Skywalker, nice to see one of the original gang pop in. :cheers: I had a vision of Alan Partridge in Linton Travel Tavern reading this.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

The Sweeney wrote: For what it's worth Skywalker, I wasn't overly impressed with QoS either. Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

I personally think the faults lie more with the film itself though (script, direction, editing, plot, etc.) than the actor playing Bond. Stick Brozza in that film, and the result would be the same, IMO. I actually thought Craig was the only decent thing to come out of QoS.
Hi Sweeney,

I agree about the script, direction, editing and general plot as all these vital elements were poor, but Craig's performance was so bland and inept. As much as I dislike CR, Craig was far better in that movie than QOS. EON seems to have gone backwards and haven't built on the foundations laid down in CR, not that I agreed with their direction and choice of actor.
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

Captain Nash wrote:Sorry you didn't enjoy it Skywalker.
Truth be known, it's not my favourite Bond film.
Bit of a mess really. But I still thought Dan the man was good. :wink:
Your right Captain is was a mess. Where would you portion the blame?
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

007 wrote:

Skywalker, nice to see one of the original gang pop in. :cheers: I had a vision of Alan Partridge in Linton Travel Tavern reading this.
:lol:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

"You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and got beaks."
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by 007 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I wouldn't mind staying there.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by 007 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I wouldn't mind staying there.
You'll be happy to know the venue has been chosen as the site for this year's CNB conference. Guest speaker this year is Ingrid Pitt.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

007 wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I wouldn't mind staying there.
You'll be happy to know the venue has been chosen as the site for this year's CNB conference. Guest speaker this year is Ingrid Pitt.
Knowing me, knowing you Skywalker, aha! Knowing me, knowing you, Ingrid Pitt, aha! :wink:
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Of course there will be protesters outside, with lame signs,all of them bad puns having to do with Ingrid Pitt's name :P