Daniel Craig joins cast of Tintin movie

katied

Re: Daniel Craig joins cast of Tintin movie

Post by katied »

I'm curious if they're going to modernize the Tin Tin films. It occurs to me that having a pirate in the movie is rather timely,because there have been lots of stories about pirates in the news(wrong part of the world perhaps and maybe that would be stretching a plot too thin) as of late.

But if they modernize it, Tin Tin purists will hate it.Six of one, half a dozen of the other :wink:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

They should have used Greek super villian Rastapopulous.
LilleOSC
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger

Post by LilleOSC »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:They should have used Greek super villian Rastapopulous.
You raise a good point. Plus, I think there are better stories that they could have started the film series off with. I doubt they will modernize it too much (if at all), katied. I am really anxious to see how the motion capture looks. Hopefully, they will give us at least a couple pics fairly soon. I'm surprised that the project is even still going. It seems sort of like a risky investment in this grim economic period. Its budget is supposedly around $135 million. Is that considerably low?
Kristatos wrote: How many people, especially in America where Tintin is barely known, are going to boycott the film because of the views of the creator of the comic strip on which it was based?
I didn't think it would be boycotted. I was just surprised that Spielberg (being Jewish) would take on Tintin since some say Hergé was anti-semitic. It doesn't seem to be an issue, though.
Roger Devereau
Lieutenant

Post by Roger Devereau »

I did read that Flight 714 was going to be included in the Tintin triology. Flight 714 is set on a mysterious island and has a 1960's setting in contrast to the 30's/40's setting of Red Rackham's Treasure.
'She looked sharply up at him. 'And who might you be?'

'My name's Bond, James Bond'.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Craig would be better off in the made for big screen classic of the 1960s USA television dog show, RIN TIN TIN, playing Sgt. Biff O'hara. :lol: :lol: :cheers:
LilleOSC
Lieutenant

Post by LilleOSC »

Roger Devereau wrote:I did read that Flight 714 was going to be included in the Tintin triology. Flight 714 is set on a mysterious island and has a 1960's setting in contrast to the 30's/40's setting of Red Rackham's Treasure.
There is a sci-fi element of Flight 714 that usually appeals to Spielberg. Maybe, they will use that story.
Felix Leiter
Lieutenant

Post by Felix Leiter »

http://www.hecklerspray.com/daniel-crai ... 919757.php

"...now Tintin has stars attached, and one of them is Daniel Craig. But stars like Daniel Craig come with demands - and if Tintin will fit with the rest of his canon, Craig wants it renamed A Nanoparticle Of Despondency.

Since becoming James Bond, Daniel Craig seems to have decided to only make movies that can fit into franchises. The trouble is, none of them are very good. Everybody knows that The Golden Compass fell on its arse so badly that nobody will ever make a sequel, and Quantum Of Solace was so completely underwhelming that it actually made us nostalgic for Pierce Brosnan. And that’s not a feeling we like to have very often, thank you very much.

Honestly, if it weren’t for plans to make Defiance 2: Give Us A Jew then Daniel Craig’s plan to corner the world’s movie franchises would have ended up as a complete crock. But now it looks like hope might be on the horizon in the form of Steven Spielberg’s Tintin movie, which Daniel Craig has just signed up for.

No, wait, relax, Daniel Craig won’t be playing the lead in Tintin - your Tintin won’t be a grunting bore with one facial expression and a comically low brow - instead he’ll be playing Red Rackham, who everyone knows as the sailor who has a brief scuffle with Captain Haddock and then dies very quickly. Which sort of arses up Daniel Craig’s franchise prospects, to be honest. Curses."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

LilleOSC wrote:There is a sci-fi element of Flight 714 that usually appeals to Spielberg. Maybe, they will use that story.
He already did
Spoiler
at the end of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
LilleOSC
Lieutenant

Post by LilleOSC »

Kristatos wrote:
LilleOSC wrote:There is a sci-fi element of Flight 714 that usually appeals to Spielberg. Maybe, they will use that story.
He already did
Spoiler
at the end of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I still can't believe the
Spoiler
fridge scene
:shock: .
katied

Post by katied »

Spielberg is not perfect. For every Schindler's List and Raiders Of The Lost Ark, he's made a few Indy 4 type films.