O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Craig doesn't appear on show with 'desperate' Jonathan Ross

Post by CaptainLewis »

Daniel Craig leaves 'desperate' Jonathan Ross shaken and stirred

Jonathan Ross may be keen to trumpet his return to the BBC next week, but Mandrake hears that senior figures at the corporation are beginning to panic at the number of rejections he is receiving from stars he has asked to appear on his chat show.

I can disclose that Daniel Craig, who is promoting his Second World War film Defiance, was invited to be the big-name guest on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, but refused because of his revulsion at the presenter's "humiliating" behaviour.

The James Bond actor was quizzed by Ross last year. "He came away quite angry from that interview," says Lizzie Cundy, who presents the programme ITV at the Movies, on which Craig has agreed to appear.

"I think he felt it made him look foolish. A lot of stars are saying that Ross does not treat them with respect when they come on his show. They are used to make Ross look good rather than talk about themselves."

Last week, the BBC announced the line-up for Ross's first show after his three-month suspension without pay for leaving obscene messages on the answerphone of Andrew Sachs, the 78-year-old actor.

The line-up featured Stephen Fry, who presents the BBC television series QI, and Lee Evans, the comedian. It was subsequently reported that Tom Cruise was also expected to appear, but a spokesman for the Hollywood actor, who will be in London to promote his latest film, Valkyrie, refuses to confirm this.

"Tom was not aware that Ross had been suspended because of his behaviour," says one of Cruise's associates. "Now that Tom has been told about the phone calls he is having second thoughts. He does not want to be involved in any controversy."

Last month, Mandrake disclosed that Kate Winslet had made clear her unwillingness to appear with Ross because his interviews were "all about him and not the people he invites on to his show".

I am told that Leonardo DiCaprio, her co-star in the film Revolutionary Road, which they will be publicising later this month, has also said no.

Despite paying Ross £18 million over three years, BBC executives have had to resort to offering guests money to appear on his show.

"It is usual with these types of shows that a fee is paid," says a spokesman for the corporation, who declines to comment on suggestions that it has doubled the fee in its desperation.
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... irred.html

Not shocked that no one wants to be seen with Ross, after Manuelgate.
Last edited by CaptainLewis on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Daniel Craig leaves 'desperate' Jonathan Ross shaken

Post by Kristatos »

As a side note, can we please have a moratorium on headline writers using the phrase "shaken, not stirred", or variations thereof, every time they write about anything Bond-related?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Re: Daniel Craig leaves 'desperate' Jonathan Ross shaken

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:As a side note, can we please have a moratorium on headline writers using the phrase "shaken, not stirred", or variations thereof, every time they write about anything Bond-related?
A-MEN. :cheers:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Craig doesn't appear on show with 'desperate' Jonathan Ross

Post by stockslivevan »

They could have done something different, such as "Craig won't Bond with Ross"...

Yeah, I'll go pack my bags.
katied

Post by katied »

stockslivevan wrote:They could have done something different, such as "Craig won't Bond with Ross"...

Yeah, I'll go pack my bags.
It would have been preferable to the same tired headline :up:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

I do hope Ross isn't too smug when he returns.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
LilleOSC
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger

Post by LilleOSC »

stockslivevan wrote:"Craig won't Bond with Ross"...
Not bad.