Craig looks like Robert Shaw (Red Grant)

Saunders
Lieutenant

Craig looks like Robert Shaw (Red Grant)

Post by Saunders »

Watched From Russia With Love, and this amused me. Craig really looks far too much like a thug, acting chops aside.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Craig looks like Robert Shaw (Red Grant)

Post by Kristatos »

Welcome to the forum, Saunders. The similarity between Craig and Bond villains such as Red Grant and Alec Trevelyan has not gone unnoticed here.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
wrenchhands
Lieutenant

Post by wrenchhands »

Speaking of Russian thugs...
Red Grant
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Predator

Post by Red Grant »

I can see how one would could compare their similar likeness, except Shaw was classicaly handsome, while Craig isn't. Also Shaw's real hair color was black since he bleached it for the role. Though i agree Craig would have made a better Red Grant-clone baddy than Bond no question.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Daniel Craig was linked to the part of Le Chiffre - although I can't seem to find a link confirming those rumours. He looks like a villian.

Welcome Saunders. :cheers:
katied

Post by katied »

Mads was a good choice to play Le Chiffre.I just can't picture Daniel Craig as Le Chiffre somehow...seems more than a little wrong.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Red Grant wrote:I can see how one would could compare their similar likeness, except Shaw was classicaly handsome, while Craig isn't. Also Shaw's real hair color was black since he bleached it for the role. Though i agree Craig would have made a better Red Grant-clone baddy than Bond no question.
Another Mr. Stamper perhaps?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Milton Krest
Lieutenant

Post by Milton Krest »

Blowfeld wrote:
Red Grant wrote:I can see how one would could compare their similar likeness, except Shaw was classicaly handsome, while Craig isn't. Also Shaw's real hair color was black since he bleached it for the role. Though i agree Craig would have made a better Red Grant-clone baddy than Bond no question.
Another Mr. Stamper perhaps?
He looks like a battered version (very battered) of Boris Becker! :D He be a great henchman, tight lipped, anal retentive and Bond could take care of him before the opening credits! :lol:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Craig looks like a most of the Blond Bond henchmen for the series
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Daniel Craig was linked to the part of Le Chiffre - although I can't seem to find a link confirming those rumours. He looks like a villian.

Welcome Saunders. :cheers:

I remember that. On the forums a lot of people thought that Craig being linked to Bond was a case of wires being crossed and that he was actually going to play Le Chiffre because, as we all know, he looks f**k all like James Bond.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

Daniel Craig looks like that fat bald henchman Roger Moore threw off a roof in The Spy Who Loved Me. :lol: :lol:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

mcbride007 wrote:Daniel Craig looks like that fat bald henchman Roger Moore threw off a roof in The Spy Who Loved Me. :lol: :lol:
A classic moment Mr McBride.

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

I recall some on the Cbn forum at the time thinking that Craig was in the running to play Le Chiffre agaisnt a 'young' Bond actor. David Suchet was also linked to the role. Strangely, I thought Orson Welles made a good Le Chiffre in that 1967 Charles Feldman abomination.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
katied

Post by katied »

John Drake wrote:I recall some on the Cbn forum at the time thinking that Craig was in the running to play Le Chiffre agaisnt a 'young' Bond actor. David Suchet was also linked to the role. Strangely, I thought Orson Welles made a good Le Chiffre in that 1967 Charles Feldman abomination.

Daniel Craig as Le Chiffre?The mind boggles :shock: Mads Mikkelsen was good as Le Chiffre in CR '06.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

John Drake wrote:I recall some on the Cbn forum at the time thinking that Craig was in the running to play Le Chiffre agaisnt a 'young' Bond actor. David Suchet was also linked to the role. Strangely, I thought Orson Welles made a good Le Chiffre in that 1967 Charles Feldman abomination.
Apparently Feldman hated Broccoli/Saltzman for making Bond such a success while he did nothing with his CR rights. He thought an overblown spoof of Bond would be some form of revenge. No idea why.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Welles looked a lot more like Fleming's Le Chiffre although he didn't have much of a role. That film is only worth watching for Woody Allen.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

James wrote:
Apparently Feldman hated Broccoli/Saltzman for making Bond such a success while he did nothing with his CR rights. He thought an overblown spoof of Bond would be some form of revenge. No idea why.
When Craig's name came up the only role that made sense was Le Chiffre.

Charles Feldman didn't know what he wanted. If he would have made a Bond movie instead of spoof who knows how it would be remembered.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming