Bond 23 (with Craig). How would you improve the franchise?

katied

Re: Bond 23 (with Craig). How would you improve the franchise?

Post by katied »

Generic sounding title cobbled together from the chapters of the books :P
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think the title of this thread needs changing. When it started, it was pretty much certain that Craig would play Bond in Bond 23. Now...not so much.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Kristatos wrote:I think the title of this thread needs changing. When it started, it was pretty much certain that Craig would play Bond in Bond 23. Now...not so much.
Jumping the gun with that one aren't you Kris?
Let's face it, the dcinb crystal ball hasn't had a good history at predicting the future of Bond.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Captain Nash wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I think the title of this thread needs changing. When it started, it was pretty much certain that Craig would play Bond in Bond 23. Now...not so much.
Jumping the gun with that one aren't you Kris?
Let's face it, the dcinb crystal ball hasn't had a good history at predicting the future of Bond.
OK, but this is not BJ interpreting every vaguely related news story as proof positive that EON is about to ditch Craig and hire Jackman. We have no idea when or even if Bond 23 is going to be made, or who is going to make it. So we can't state with any certainty that Craig is going to play Bond in Bond 23, because nobody knows what the future of the franchise holds.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

TheWorldIsNotEnough wrote:In the next Bond film, Daniel Craig will turn out to be an evil Russian villain named Vladimir with a persian cat who has stolen Bond's identity in order to take down MI6 (I mean Craig, not the cat), and uses mind control devices to convince everyone he is the real Bond and that the tall, dark and handsome Bond never existed, he then kills off Judi Dench because he finds her really irritating, Pierce Brosnan then finally escapes from Craig's evil Russian lair by sleeping with his female guards, and after a lengthy confrontation with his imposter, shoots him, then throws him into a volcano, followed by a corny one-liner, as the movie comes to an end, Pierce orders a martini and reassumes his position as James Bond. :007:
Thank God your retarded ideas aren't in consideration by EON. :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

OK, but this is not BJ interpreting every vaguely related news story as proof positive that EON is about to ditch Craig and hire Jackman. We have no idea when or even if Bond 23 is going to be made, or who is going to make it. So we can't state with any certainty that Craig is going to play Bond in Bond 23, because nobody knows what the future of the franchise holds.
It seems insane to re-reboot,but if that's what has to happen then so be it.Not going to be popular with the fans but screw it.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Not as retarded as queens Babs overwhelming desire to make low rent Jack Bauer Jason Bourne knock offs.Craig just makes more sense as an impostor to the real James Bond.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Hogwash! Craig makes a better Bond than Brosnan in every possible way from the cruel hard looks, the animal magnetism, swagger, intensity and steely toughness. Craig is the perfect successor to Connery and Dalton. Brosnan was nothing more than a second rate Roger Moore mixed with a fourth rate Timothy Dalton.
katied

Post by katied »

oscartheman wrote:Not as retarded as queens Babs overwhelming desire to make low rent Jack Bauer Jason Bourne knock offs.Craig just makes more sense as an impostor to the real James Bond.
This.To about the 10th power.If she decides to keep Craig on even after a hiatus, she's even battier than we thought.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:If she decides to keep Craig on even after a hiatus, she's even battier than we thought.
Um, why wouldn't she? Her, Mike and MGM would be idiots to not keep Craig after how successful he was received for his two performances. Not having him come back for a third film would be one of the worst things to happen since Dalton not returning for a third film.

I hope EON listened to Tom Mankiewicz's advice of keeping him locked in the role and throwing away the key.
katied

Post by katied »

Even more laughable would be having an ugly actor in the role-though most here would say the current actor is! :twisted:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

In a site that's against Daniel Craig in the role? GASP! Who would have known?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

How to make Daniel Craig more acceptable to the Bond fans who don't recognise him?
Well, for a start I suppose the inclusion of the characters of Moneypenny and Q would help.
A few fantasitcal gadgets.
A few more quips, especially when one of the villains goons has been offed by our favourite British secret service agent.
More outlandish plots, with elements of fantasy and villains with physical abnormalities and the abilty to be really sinister.
Hows that for starters?
katied

Post by katied »

Nash, I don't agree with you,but I think most of that stuff will probably be in the Bond films' future at some point(if there even IS a future for the Bond filmd-sad but possibly true. :(). It's a keeping up wih the Jones thing.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:Nash, I don't agree with you,but I think most of that stuff will probably be in the Bond films' future at some point(if there even IS a future for the Bond filmd-sad but possibly true. :(). It's a keeping up wih the Jones thing.
But isn't this what some of the old school fanboys of this forum want in a Bond film?
katied

Post by katied »

Captain Nash wrote:
katied wrote:Nash, I don't agree with you,but I think most of that stuff will probably be in the Bond films' future at some point(if there even IS a future for the Bond filmd-sad but possibly true. :(). It's a keeping up wih the Jones thing.
But isn't this what some of the old school fanboys of this forum want in a Bond film?

Yeah..I dunno, it's not where I'd like to see the Bond franchise go, but oh well. *shrug*. I suppose I'll just watch the old films if it does.
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

They need to make a Bond with all the trimmings - gunbarrel, music, humour, stunts, villain - with Craig in it rather than make another serious one.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Well said Mcbride007, Bond used to be a Great evening Out, Witty script,Fantastic action/stunt sequences. a bit of Escapism from The Real world of Work and earning a living etc.The way things are going I half expect the Next Bond Movie to be Ultra realistic,
With Bond in his Office filling out expence forms, rubber stamping files, then having a healthy tofu salad,Before turning off the office lights to go home as the Iris closes to the familar Gunbarrel. :(
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Craig; We'll I'd get bond to dress up as a woman.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
katied

Post by katied »

Looks like they already took a step in that direction. :lol: Seriously though, that would be the end of the Bond franchise.Judging from the reaction to that PSA, EON would be running scared if they did(picture a very large angry mob with torches and pitchforks. :mrgreen: )