Bond 23 (with Craig). How would you improve the franchise?

Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Re: Bond 23 (with Craig). How would you improve the franchise?

Post by Thunderpussy »

I wonder if the producers ever come down from their Ivory towers to meet the ordinary People in pubs etc and get a feeling for how the Average Punter feels.Surrounding yourself with flunkies and Yes men ( or yes women, now that Craig has shown us all the true path to equality ) Of course you're going to hear how great Your Idea for Bond is and how wonderful your "Making Bond soooooooooo Human and emotional is ".
I can honestly say apart from the Fanatics on some Fan sites, I havent found any Ordinary cinema/film goer who liked QOS. Across all ages Not One, everyone says it stinks. As I sometimes work for a large Cinema chain I've made a Point of asking, Not scientific sure But I think it speaks volumes for the Direction Babs is taking her new "Touchy, Feely, In touch with his Feminine side, Bond " :x
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Bond 23: Mrs bondeniatlity, watch bond go under cover as a lady to foil the evil quantum who aim to take 6% of the fashion market, what's that bond, you like wearing womens clothes, oh bond you crazy, bond now has to resort to using his fists but prefers to hit people with his man purse, laugh awkwardly and run off, that's the spirit bond better not let this.....drag for too long hey, hahah ahahah oh.

Barbera brocloi whats your stance on this: zomg. zomg dammiyel creaaig (shouts hysterically)
ok what about the franchise ?
brocoli: iiiy deniiiel, I've got the dress you wanted, and dont worry national colour awareness day isn't for a while, well make sure to get our point across, how would you like to pretend your chinese?, shouldn't offend anyone ey.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Thunderpussy wrote:Well said Mcbride007, Bond used to be a Great evening Out, Witty script,Fantastic action/stunt sequences. a bit of Escapism from The Real world of Work and earning a living etc.The way things are going I half expect the Next Bond Movie to be Ultra realistic,
With Bond in his Office filling out expence forms, rubber stamping files, then having a healthy tofu salad,Before turning off the office lights to go home as the Iris closes to the familar Gunbarrel. :(
They will probably have the gunbarrel half way through the film!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thunderpussy wrote:The way things are going I half expect the Next Bond Movie to be Ultra realistic,
With Bond in his Office filling out expence forms, rubber stamping files, then having a healthy tofu salad,Before turning off the office lights to go home
To be fair, the early chapters of Fleming's novels are often a bit like that (apart from the tofu salad).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
alan71
New Recruit

Re: Bond 23 (with Craig). How would you improve the franchis

Post by alan71 »

Bond without John Barry is like not having james bond in a bond franchise. the bond music especialy for sean connery original is what made bond cool. they started watering down the music with a view to a kill and in my opinion goldeneye was the last mediocre james bond movie (mediocre scored as well), dalton sucked as they tried to copy tom clancy patriot games bond and didnt get why bond is great. if the john barry music doesnt return to bond bond wont be worth watching, its like having star wars or jaws remove its theme. music is 89% of a movie and generaly why sequel franchises tank as a great sequel acts like glue and emotionaly cues the audience and is just as important as a character in it.
Craig needs a sense of humor worst bond actor since dalton. Tarantino should have rebooted with brosnan and returned to the john barry theme and the fun. even connery had dry humor, humor is how people can tell badguys from good, along with a sense of ethics. craigs bond is a womanizer wife stealer. horrid.
i hate bond, i hate startrek, i almost hate star wars, batman, superman, etc. all these franchises dropped original music and are pale immatations of thier former greatness.
bond has turned into gaggy 5 time re-heated pizza from pizza hut, something wich should taste great but something is awfully bad lol.

the gadgets, the dry humor, the terrific cool stunts (also missing from craigs bond and dalton), the charm, the hot women, the great john barry music and great bond opening and most of all
someone that can say, bond, james bond are the key ingredients of a terrific bond film. why cant producers shuck 250 million and forget visuals, actors, etc. and get someone to follow the john barry score that made connery and moore films
bond icons. its like raiders without john williams or star wars without john williams. might as well just start something new
and over than be a laughable immatation.

bring back the humor and music and make bond fun again. terminator wife stealing bond doesnt work.

bale is a horrid replacement for craig as well. bale has the charisma of spam as a hero, but makes a great
villian. I love bond and wish they would just stop dropping music in these franchises. terminator needs fidels score, superman williams music, batman sucked for dropping elfmans score, nightmare on elm street etc. etc. ad infinim.

end of rant.-seriously dissapointed bond fan.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Welcome alan71! :cheers: :cheers:
It didn't occur to me that Craig's spy was wife stealing as you put it, TND comes to mind but there was a bigger history there. The thing about Craig is he didn't care and Bond of the books and since Connery have cared about the women he comes across. Sort of the old chivalrous attitude personified for the new age. :?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

Yes, welcome Alan71.

By the way, that was a very nice rant. I could feel the emotion.

Like you, I am not a big Dalton fan, but many there are many he who think he was great. Everyone here has different likes and dislikes about Bond. Nevertheless, I think you are a good fit here because you are frustrated with the decisions EON has made that concern the Bond series.

Dr. No

Bond is no doubt a product of the 20th Century, and I am fine with keeping him current. However, it's as if EON has taken the best elements of the past century away from James Bond, and replaced them with the worst elements of the current one.