Craig unsure over Bond future

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: Craig unsure over Bond future

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'm afraid old flapjack face's return to Bond in 2012 means he will make another in 2014.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I'm afraid old flapjack face's return to Bond in 2012 means he will make another in 2014.
That would be an insult to Pierce. DC's era lasts longer than PB era? That's just ridiculous. I rather join Voldemort than this happen.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

You were being rude yourself Sween.You guys get one piece of what you consider good news and come over here to behave like jerks.You don't usually do that.We should be worried about the possibility of QOS 2.Almost a guarantee with Craig still cleaning Barbra Broccoli's pool.Rumors are crazier this time around.I'm sure you'll love the Ironman inspired helmet and Super Street Hawk bike.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

oscartheman wrote:You were being rude yourself Sween.You guys get one piece of what you consider good news and come over here to behave like jerks.You don't usually do that.We should be worried about the possibility of QOS 2.
Point to where I've been behaving like a jerk regarding Bond 23? And yes, I am worried too that Bond 23 will turn out like QoS 2, although I'm pleased another Bond film is now in the pipeline, regardless of who is playing the part.

I don't think there is anything worth worrying about just yet, until filming gets underway though. Right now everything regarding Bond 23 is just rumours and gossip, nothing more.
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I'm afraid old flapjack face's return to Bond in 2012 means he will make another in 2014.
I personally think Craig will quit Bond after 4 films, but I wouldn't rule out a 5th, especially with Babs in charge. Age wise he could still be in with a shout, assuming Bond 25 is made 2 years after Bond 24, and Craig is still Babs favourite golden boy. Craig would be foolish to turn down these huge fat paychecks he is getting. Actors need all the cash they can get, because they never know when their luck runs out.
katied

Post by katied »

oscartheman wrote:You were being rude yourself Sween.You guys get one piece of what you consider good news and come over here to behave like jerks.You don't usually do that.We should be worried about the possibility of QOS 2.Almost a guarantee with Craig still cleaning Barbra Broccoli's pool.Rumors are crazier this time around.I'm sure you'll love the Ironman inspired helmet and Super Street Hawk bike.

I dont usually jump into these debates, but Sweeney's post to Ale definitely crossed a line.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:
oscartheman wrote:You were being rude yourself Sween.You guys get one piece of what you consider good news and come over here to behave like jerks.You don't usually do that.We should be worried about the possibility of QOS 2.Almost a guarantee with Craig still cleaning Barbra Broccoli's pool.Rumors are crazier this time around.I'm sure you'll love the Ironman inspired helmet and Super Street Hawk bike.

I dont usually jump into these debates, but Sweeney's post to Ale definitely crossed a line.
Utter bollocks.

And you would know all about crossing the line, right Katied.... :wink:
katied

Post by katied »

Gonna bring back a oldie but goodie.."Denial is not just a river in Egypt". _.//
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:Gonna bring back a oldie but goodie.."Denial is not just a river in Egypt". _.//
Remind me again, who has been banned on here before.....me or you?
katied

Post by katied »

You know what?I'm not going to deny that I have been banned/given time outs.

BUT since all the stuff that went on last year, I actually have been making an effort to behave myself.And doing well at it.

The fact that not everyone here is "YAY! BOND 23!!!!!" drives you and Nash crazy. I really have given the two of you a lot of leeway, but truth is, you're falling back into old behaviors.Which is a shame. :cuss:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:You know what?I'm not going to deny that I have been banned/given time outs.

BUT since all the stuff that went on last year, I actually have been making an effort to behave myself.And doing well at it.

The fact that not everyone here is "YAY! BOND 23!!!!!" drives you and Nash crazy. I really have given the two of you a lot of leeway, but truth is, you're falling back into old behaviors.Which is a shame. :cuss:
Whose falling back into old behaviours? Point to where I've been saying Bond 23 will be superb.
And read back the comments from Ale towards me. She started the attack first. I then defend myself, and you suddenly decide I've crossed the line.

Give me a break.... :roll:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

It's easier to call for a member to be banned, or that because you're deemed pro-Craig, and therefore wrong, to be hushed, rather than have a debate / discussion on such things. Even if at times it does get heated. That's the purpose of the mods / admin. To step in and take action. Not anyone who feels like it.
The correct thing to do in such a situation would be to alert a mod / admin to your concerns, and await there response.
Not to add fuel to the fire, by adding your five cents.

Some of you seem to forget this. Just because you think we're wrong. Doesn't necessarily make it so.
And just because I've been told something on the internet. Doesn't mean I have to believe it.
BTW - I'm actually Pierce Brosnan. I have an avatar to prove it.
:cheers:

Make love not war.
:cheers:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Craig around for another 2 more bond films, I'd rather take some cyanid tablets then watch that dross ruin even more of what I used to like, craigs bonds better suited to eastenders then bond.

Do I still respect this guy as an actor yes but his bond and this reboot can go and jump in a pool full of maneating piranas along with half of eon.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
katied

Post by katied »

I wouldn't go as far as the cyanide, but I can't see Babs going along with TWO more Craig movies, especially if Bond 23 is a flop.If she insists on Craig for 2 more, even after that, you KNOW there's something weird going on.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

shaken not stirred wrote:Craig around for another 2 more bond films, I'd rather take some cyanid tablets then watch that dross ruin even more of what I used to like, craigs bonds better suited to eastenders then bond.

Do I still respect this guy as an actor yes but his bond and this reboot can go and jump in a pool full of maneating piranas along with half of eon.
Do not give them ideas for Bond 23! Now you bet there are going to be cyanide tablets and piranhas! :lol:

I don't think Craig will do Bond 24 unless the situation for MGM remains the current and they can't pay him out of his contract (and, he changes his mind about only doing three, in which case he'd do it for the money. Nothing wrong with it, let it be clear). I'm pretty sure this will end his "trilogy". Then of course there's always the possibility Bond 23 sets record income, but I honestly can't see that happening, especially not with the movies Bond will be up against.
"Are we on coms?"
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Ale wrote:Then of course there's always the possibility Bond 23 sets record income, but I honestly can't see that happening, especially not with the movies Bond will be up against.
Let's hope it will crash and burn down, especially here in the US.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

LOL FBF, even QoS did badly in the US, so I doubt this one will be a sensational success there. Still, bear in mind it's the first Bond movie in 4 years, so people WILL go see it regardless, because it's the new Bond. Thing is, it's up against VERY strong competition (Unless release dates change), so in any case I don't think it will do particularly well.
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Ale wrote:LOL FBF, even QoS did badly in the US, so I doubt this one will be a sensational success there. Still, bear in mind it's the first Bond movie in 4 years, so people WILL go see it regardless, because it's the new Bond. Thing is, it's up against VERY strong competition (Unless release dates change), so in any case I don't think it will do particularly well.
There will be a bunch of fans that see it its first weekend.Then the word on it will get out and it'll be out of the movie theaters so fast it's not even funny.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Ale wrote:Still, bear in mind it's the first Bond movie in 4 years, so people WILL go see it regardless, because it's the new Bond.
DC's Bonds are not Bond movies.
katied

Post by katied »

DC's Bonds are not Bond movies.
Not touching that with a ten foot pole! :shock: