Craig unsure over Bond future

Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Re: Craig unsure over Bond future

Post by Thunderpussy »

" DC's Bonds are not Bond Movies " :cheers: :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote: There will be a bunch of fans that see it its first weekend.Then the word on it will get out and it'll be out of the movie theaters so fast it's not even funny.
That's pretty much what happened with QOS. I suspect it will be a much smaller bunch for Bond 23.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

That's pretty much what happened with QOS. I suspect it will be a much smaller bunch for Bond 23.
Minute, even. :lol:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Thunderpussy wrote:" DC's Bonds are not Bond Movies " :cheers: :lol:
:lol: Yeah, WE know that but the general public doesn't. They will go see it regardless. THEN of course there's word of mouth, there's critics, and there's, more than that, LOTS Of competition, so I'm not saying it's going to do particularly well at all. But, I do think at least on opening day people will go see it. Again, with the competition they have they will have trouble getting people in theaters in the first place, BUT it's Bond, and the other ones open the week after if I'm not mistaken? So first weekend they should be ok.
Unless the movie is phenomenal (which I can't see with Mendes as the director and Logan as the screenwriter) I think that will most likely be the case. I just do NOT want the franchise to tank, but they really need to learn a lesson IF they repeat the same stuff they did in QoS (or another CR, sorry but that one doesn't sit well with me either, it's the most boring Bond movie EVER made. And again, there's no Bond in it. I'm re reading CR just for the hell of it... and to get even more angered at what they did with Craig's NON Bond.) I'm at chapter 2 and I'm furious already.
"Are we on coms?"
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Ale wrote:
shaken not stirred wrote:Craig around for another 2 more bond films, I'd rather take some cyanid tablets then watch that dross ruin even more of what I used to like, craigs bonds better suited to eastenders then bond.

Do I still respect this guy as an actor yes but his bond and this reboot can go and jump in a pool full of maneating piranas along with half of eon.
Do not give them ideas for Bond 23! Now you bet there are going to be cyanide tablets and piranhas! :lol:

I don't think Craig will do Bond 24 unless the situation for MGM remains the current and they can't pay him out of his contract (and, he changes his mind about only doing three, in which case he'd do it for the money. Nothing wrong with it, let it be clear). I'm pretty sure this will end his "trilogy". Then of course there's always the possibility Bond 23 sets record income, but I honestly can't see that happening, especially not with the movies Bond will be up against.
I want to see craigs bond fight a monkey and I don't mean the one he sees looking at him in the mirror :P.

If the piranhas helped kill vesper bond might jump in the tank and try to punch one of them in the face because eons good at that) and occasionally be seen gasping for air gettiing up and strangling a small plastic piranah in his hands before he uses his hands to bring him back down into the tank because they ran out of cgi and he had to improvise.

Bond finally meets quantum and their true intentions are finally revealed, their intentions are (drumroll)....to up the price of fish and chips by 30 pence (insert evil laughter), angry that his food will cost a bit more even though he's rich anyway bond goes to sort them out, then later goes to save the rainforests for some reason and picks a fight with a bear because he's bored, then throws a brick at russell crows head and the 2 duke it out and both end up dead.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Oh Lord, shakenotstirred. You just gave them the whole plot for the next movie :twisted:

Now seriously... I don't have anything against Craig as an actor per se or him as a person least of all, so even I feel bad for him thinking about what he had to deal with in QoS. If it's another awful movie with Bond 23, well pretty much this will guarantee he sticks with his intention to do three movies. But I would honestly feel bad for him if his last one was another ridiculously bad movie like QoS.
"Are we on coms?"
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Ale wrote:Oh Lord, shakenotstirred. You just gave them the whole plot for the next movie :twisted:

Now seriously... I don't have anything against Craig as an actor per se or him as a person least of all, so even I feel bad for him thinking about what he had to deal with in QoS. If it's another awful movie with Bond 23, well pretty much this will guarantee he sticks with his intention to do three movies. But I would honestly feel bad for him if his last one was another ridiculously bad movie like QoS.
Let's hope Bond 23 fails to grab attention, especially in the US market.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Ale wrote:Oh Lord, shakenotstirred. You just gave them the whole plot for the next movie :twisted:

Let's hope Bond 23 fails to grab attention, especially in the US market.
FBF I honestly don't think ti will do particularly well in the US. DC is not popular there to begin with and even QoS didn't do well. With the competition there is lined up, I don't think Bond 23 will manage to get all that attention. It will sure get the usual amount, as it is a Bond movie, but I doubt it'll do a lot more than that.
"Are we on coms?"
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Locks doors, closes windows, shut curtains, shreds the plot, takes remaining shredded paper out puts it on a plate with vinegar, eats plans.

If anyone asks a wizard did it ...or george lucas.
Craig007
New Recruit

Post by Craig007 »

He will make at least three more.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Craig007 wrote:He will make at least three more.
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Craig007 wrote:He will make at least three more.
He doesn't have either the age or the contract to be able to do that. And he doesn't want to do more than three. It will be a miracle, and I really mean a miracle for him, not for us, if he does Bond 24 (and I believe that may happen just and only if MGM is still in a ridiculously bad financial situation by then, which means they won't be able to buy him out of his contract, and they will just honor the current four-picture deal).
"Are we on coms?"
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

Three more "You must be Joking!" he looks like a pensioner now, even Moore in AVTAK looked younger. I've accepted the fact we seem to be stuck with him for One more, Then please can we have Bond Back. :evil:
shaken not stirred
Agent

Thunderpussy wrote:Three more "You must be Joking!" he looks like a pensioner now, even Moore in AVTAK looked younger. I've accepted the fact we seem to be stuck with him for One more, Then please can we have Bond Back. :evil:
Agreed.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I'm surprised Craig wants to stay on as Bond Given the Huge success He has had with all his other Projects,Why people have been flocking to see all his great Movies _.///
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Thunderpussy wrote:Three more "You must be Joking!" he looks like a pensioner now, even Moore in AVTAK looked younger. I've accepted the fact we seem to be stuck with him for One more, Then please can we have Bond Back. :evil:
Would someone please send in Carrot Top as Bond if DC is to make 3 more?
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I thought I was watching a trailer with Craig from "Cowboys & Aliens " But it truned out to be from " Rango " :lol:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Daniel Craig would make a good Louis if a movie version of the Taxi TV series was made.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I came across it again today and thought it needed a replay. :D [video][/video]