Bond actors at 45

Fan Art gallery
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Bond actors at 45

Post by Kristatos »

Somebody was asking for comparison shots of the various Bond actors at age 45 on another thread, but I can't find it now, so I started a new one.

Sean Connery:

George Lazenby:

Roger Moore:

Timothy Dalton:

Pierce Brosnan:

Daniel Craig:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: Bond actors at 45

Post by John P. Drake »

Kris, most of the photos aren't displaying.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Kris, most of the photos aren't displaying.
It's funny, they were displaying OK this morning, now I can only see the Lazenby and (unfortunately) Craig ones. Looks like I'll have to find replacements. Spoilers: the others all look better than Craig.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:Kris, most of the photos aren't displaying.
It's funny, they were displaying OK this morning, now I can only see the Lazenby and (unfortunately) Craig ones. Looks like I'll have to find replacements. Spoilers: the others all look better than Craig.

Happens, I know what you mean. And yes, Lazenby looks a lot better as 'JB' (from UNCLE) than Cr-egg in his mid-40s.
Jamesdude
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Licence to kill,Live and Let Die, OHMSS, View to a Kill,Tommorow Never Dies

Post by Jamesdude »

Lazenby looked like he could have still played Bond for a few more years after OHMSS, too bad EON gave him the boot.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Jamesdude wrote:Lazenby looked like he could have still played Bond for a few more years after OHMSS, too bad EON gave him the boot.
EON didn't. He walked out because his agent said "Bond movies are dying with the sixties", for which he was later proven wrong, and Laz was able to regret it. He then asked Cubby if he could play Bond one more time in 1972 before Moore was hired, the producer declined his offer.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

There is a story on one of the DVD special features where someone claimed the studio did not want Lazenby to return telling Cubby and co. to get Connery back no matter the cost. I'm unsure how true this is since Lazenby announced he quit before the movie released.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Blowfeld wrote:There is a story on one of the DVD special features where someone claimed the studio did not want Lazenby to return telling Cubby and co. to get Connery back no matter the cost. I'm unsure how true this is since Lazenby announced he quit before the movie released.
John Gavin signed a deal to star in Diamonds Are Forever up until the last minute when the studio people elected to bring Connery back no matter how it costs. Filming was a couple of days away. Gavin, however, was paid due to his contract and departed.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I'm sure a back up 007 actor is signed right now, I doubt we'll know the name before these people sell their autobiography.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Blowfeld wrote:I'm sure a back up 007 actor is signed right now, I doubt we'll know the name before these people sell their autobiography.
Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy are the biggest clues. However, we could be really wrong. Someone unexpectedly could be showing up like Ben Affleck did in the role of Batman.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Somebody was asking for comparison shots of the various Bond actors at age 45 on another thread, but I can't find it now, so I started a new one.

Sean Connery:

George Lazenby:

Roger Moore:

Timothy Dalton:

Pierce Brosnan:

Daniel Craig:
I can see the all except Connery. This is each man at age 45?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

He also kept himself wimping out when Kannanga tied him and Solitaire behind his boat and tortured them while driving it. In FYEO, when Kristatos did that to Bond and Melina, 007 didn't wimp out at all, and yet they call Roger Moore a "soft guy". Yeah. Right.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I can see the all except Connery. This is each man at age 45?
Give or take a year or two. If you want to split hairs, it's a photo of each man taken from a film released 45 years after the year of their birth. I haven't taken into account either birthdays or any lag between filming and release dates (though to my knowledge, none of the films sat on the shelf for years before their release.)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Perfect I'll make something with it :cheers: !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I put a new Connery one in there. The ones that weren't displaying on my phone were all resized, so I will have to look for smaller versions. Don't have time right now, though.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Yeah, Murder On The Orient Express, one of my personal favourite!! He looks really good in there!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Yeah, Murder On The Orient Express, one of my personal favourite!! He looks really good in there!
Unfortunately, it was during his "huge moustache" phase, which I think makes him look older. He had the 'tache in all 3 movies he made that year.

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:Yeah, Murder On The Orient Express, one of my personal favourite!! He looks really good in there!
Unfortunately, it was during his "huge moustache" phase, which I think makes him look older. He had the 'tache in all 3 movies he made that year.

At his current age, Pierce looks younger with facial hair.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

What do you say, FBF? Wouldn't it be awesome if we had Sean and Pierce in one spy movie? Sean being the boss and Pierce being the operative. Now that would've been literally awesome. What do you say?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

John P. Drake wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

What do you say, FBF? Wouldn't it be awesome if we had Sean and Pierce in one spy movie? Sean being the boss and Pierce being the operative. Now that would've been literally awesome. What do you say?
I could daydream this all day.