John P. Drake's personal fan art page.

Fan Art gallery
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: John P. Drake's personal fan art page.

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

John P. Drake wrote:Image
What if Phillip Calvert 2 happened in 1973?
Nice work. Hopkins made a good blue collar Bond. It's a pity that a 2nd Calvert film wasn't made.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
What if Phillip Calvert 2 happened in 1973?
Nice work. Hopkins made a good blue collar Bond. It's a pity that a 2nd Calvert film wasn't made.
Agreed, Daltonite. He was exactly a good blue collar Bond. Which I liked. Who knows? Probably I could remake When Eight Bells Toll one day and announce sequels. That would make one of my favourite writers actually proud.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

I also like the inclusion of Jaclyn Smith in the cast.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I also like the inclusion of Jaclyn Smith in the cast.
Of course, she's an Angel, so she should be included in an action movie like this. Don't you think?
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

Absolutely, and the best Angel she was too. I am partial to Jaclyn Smith, Charlie's Angels or not.

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Absolutely, and the best Angel she was too. I am partial to Jaclyn Smith, Charlie's Angels or not.

Another thing I could mention, is that she's really lovely. I think Hopkins would've enjoyed working with her, and both the characters could've been absolutely smashing colleagues.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

John P. Drake wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Absolutely, and the best Angel she was too. I am partial to Jaclyn Smith, Charlie's Angels or not.

Another thing I could mention, is that she's really lovely. I think Hopkins would've enjoyed working with her, and both the characters could've been absolutely smashing colleagues.
That she is. If you have not seen it, I would recommend Nightkill (1980). It's an overlooked film, with Smith looking truly beautiful throughout, and the ending is quite nasty.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

John P. Drake wrote:

That she is. If you have not seen it, I would recommend Nightkill (1980). It's an overlooked film, with Smith looking truly beautiful throughout, and the ending is quite nasty.
It's a crime thriller movie, right? I just looked it up. It really looks promising.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Now I have been talking about this with FBF, and we certainly did come to an agreement that Benedict would make a good Bond. I have imagined that his first movie, Darkness In The Depths (my imaginary title for his debut as 007) will be dealing with Bond proving himself to be a valuable asset for MI6 to become a 00-agent, something utterly different from the CR-egg movie. It will be more like a classic secret agent mission than a job a hired assassin, or street thug like Cr-egg's version is.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Imagine what if GoldenEye was made in the mid-1960s?
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Now, this spectacular franchise is created by Jean Bruce, which had 247 novels written in the series from 1949 to 1992, with all of them being written in French. However, the main character as featured is an American Colonel of French descent codenamed OSS 117, working partially for the Office of Strategic Services, and later being reinstated as a covert operative within Central Intelligence Agency when the latter intelligence agency itself was defunct, and eventually being transferred to National Security Agency, albeit keeping the same codename all the time. Gaumont Pictures, a motion picture studios based in France, has the rights to adapt the novels into films. A one-off noir detective styled movie was produced in 1956, which was released two years later in the US. Then, a brand new canon has begun in 1963-1968 produced and directed by Andre Hunebelle, starring American-born actors in the leading role, although the films were dubbed in French, and today the English-dubbed versions are very rare. More recently, the re-imagining of the character has made a huge box-office success, which itself parodies the 1960s Eurospy genre, still keeping the atmosphere of the eponymous character's universe. But, the artwork I just have made is my own casting for a serious OSS 117 adventure with Jon Hamm starring as the titular character, set in 1960s. I think the franchise should have an American-produced film adaptation, which would likely be something quite splendid.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

In 1966, while filming the fourth season of "Danger Man" TV Series, Patrick McGoohan announced to Lew Grade that he's resigning from playing the John Drake part. And after filming two episodes: "Koroshi" and "Shinda Shima" (both acted as two-parters), a script was already written for a proposed third episode which was named "The Girl Who Was Death". Eventually, when McGoohan decided to make "The Prisoner", the aforementioned script was rewritten in the mould of the latter miniseries. This artwork, I dedicate to "Danger Man" fans, who were upset with McGoohan's departure from the spectacular secret agent role. It shows how the script would have been like if it was actually adapted into film, the first theatrical film in the franchise, starring Julie Newmar and others as named above. Enjoy the artwork.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

In 1966, while filming the fourth season of "Danger Man" TV Series, Patrick McGoohan announced to Lew Grade that he's resigning from playing the John Drake part. And after filming two episodes: "Koroshi" and "Shinda Shima" (both acted as two-parters), a script was already written for a proposed third episode which was named "The Girl Who Was Death". Eventually, when McGoohan decided to make "The Prisoner", the aforementioned script was rewritten in the mould of the latter miniseries. This artwork, I dedicate to "Danger Man" fans, who were upset with McGoohan's departure from the spectacular secret agent role. It shows how the script would have been like if it was actually adapted into film, the first theatrical film in the franchise, starring Julie Newmar and others as named above. Enjoy the artwork.
Interesting, I didn't know that The Girl Who Was Death was a proposed episode for the Danger Man series. I still like The Prisoner version of The Girl Who Was Death, though. It's bizarre but fun to watch. Cool artwork too, by the way.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Interesting, I didn't know that The Girl Who Was Death was a proposed episode for the Danger Man series. I still like The Prisoner version of The Girl Who Was Death, though. It's bizarre but fun to watch. Cool artwork too, by the way.
It's surprising, I know, but just imagine how it could have been in the Danger Man mode. I think it would've been one of the best. Thanks for the compliment, mate.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

John P. Drake wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:

It's a crime thriller movie, right? I just looked it up. It really looks promising.
That's right. It's a murder mystery/crime thriller. The DVD (the Vipco one at least) is out of print, and will take some searching to find, but if you have any kind of appreciation for Jaclyn Smith, you won't be disappointed.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

John P. Drake wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:

That's right. It's a murder mystery/crime thriller. The DVD (the Vipco one at least) is out of print, and will take some searching to find, but if you have any kind of appreciation for Jaclyn Smith, you won't be disappointed.
I'll be searching for a copy, see if I can find one on eBay.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

An element I have illustrated from the 2002 James Bond video game, Nightfire, a level from the PC version. Bond sets up a remote mine under one a silo in Drake's island, causing the whole place to explode as he manages to escape and chase down the villain till the dead end.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

This is the level from the video game Nightfire where James Bond makes his way to escape the Phoenix Corporation building in Tokyo, after defeating a helicopter on the rooftop. However, I have submitted some improvements on the element such as Bond wearing a suit instead of a commando gear and is aided by the beautiful Dominique Paradis, who fights alongside 007 to defeat the enemy and show him an escape route. Another addition I've put was the presence of a ninja assassin whom Bond fights throughout the game... in fact... many of them. However, in the original game, none of these were present in the level's ending, because I just dragged in some excitement in the sequence.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I couldn't resist but make this artwork. A dramatic finale for the final James Bond adventure as I have imagined, starring Pierce Brosnan. Probably it would be a good conclusion for the classic Bond timeline, as loads of questions with the previous series have been left unanswered. In my alternate universe, this movie is the last Bond film before a reboot (in the mould of Classic Bond) happens. Elizabeth Hurley is the titular "lady" who appears to be controlling on mass weapons depository and a nuclear weapons industry. She's a British Royal Baroness. All the time you'd think she is the main villainess, but her assistant is the actual villain behind the plot who intends to start a nuclear war between the east and west. He's played by Michael Nyqvist. And yes, I pitched that idea from "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol". But, imagine how awesome it would have been...