Welcome thread

Fan Art gallery

Re: Welcome thread

Postby Kristatos » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Problem Eliminator wrote:Sorry for the double post, I was posting the first one from tapatalk and didn't see thev notification about it needing to be approved. And yes, PE is just fine with me :)

I normally delete dupe posts, but in this case, the posts were slightly different, so I allowed both.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Kristatos » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:14 am

bjmdds wrote:Sorry Kris, but I cannot stand the sight of Cr-egg's lemony peeled profile and I never will. But that's just me, and a large chunk of the civilized world I would bet.

OK, but all I'm saying is that this forum is, at least in theory, for anyone who prefers the classic Bond films to the rebooted series, not just those who see red at the very mention of Craig's name.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby The Saint 007 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:41 am

Welcome to the forum, Problem Eliminator! :cheers:
The Saint 007

Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Postby Goldeneye » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Welcome Problem Eliminator!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Postby Daltonite Toothpaste » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Welcome, Problem Elliminator. If yo udon't mind me asking, but what are your Bond likes/dislikes. With a name like that, i'd suspect you're a bit of a Dalton fan.

I don't hate Craig. When he was cast, I was otimistic. But in the years since, the series has become less and less like the series that captured my imagination and made me a fan.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O

Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Welcome Mr Eliminator!
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby Atticus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:15 pm

I've been a guest visitor for some time. Glad I stumbled upon this place. I use to post on Alternative007. I liked it there until I ran into a bigot called Chuck007 who hated Americans. Why he was never ousted is beyond me. I'm just saying, I'll go head-to-head with anyone here if I run into a bigot. And as far as this whole crapfest called Daniel Craig and the reboot, I'm not holding back on my views. Deal with it, if you're a drooling Craig idolater. I don't accord with all this crap for PC sensibilities. I'm conservative--conservative in the sense that I believe in smaller government, lower taxes, and the spirit of individuality and self-reliance, not friggin' dependency on government entitlements. I speak my mind, I believe in freedom of speech. I'll respect anyone as long as they respect me and my fellow fans who happen to favor the classic Bond. For the record, this shtick called the reboot of the franchise was geared for those who want a gay Bond. That's reality. Those who don't agree are delusional. I'm old enough to have seen Connery in his hey day and his return for one last run with Eon. After that period (along with the run with Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan--real men, I say), it's humiliating and insulting to see what a mockery of the character that the idiot Barbara Broccoli and the leftist loon Sam Mendes had done. Bond was always this paradigm of pure masculine virility, and straight out of Fleming's mouth, all the books are for warm-blooded heterosexuals. Now we've got a crybaby Bond without any balls and, what's more, actually admits, as he did in Skyfall, that he's had gay affairs and isn't even repulsed by the homoerotic gestures that the idiot villain (that Bardem played) was doing to him. He looked like he was looking forward to it. Tie that in with what Craig (another idiot who has zero respect for the character) did by sashay around in drag for that bizarre Bond tie-in commercial he did a few years ago. Yeah, that's right. That's his vision of Bond. Bond needs to be a transvestite in order to be sensitive to women. The guy's completely clueless. Meanwhile, we've got a fandom that, in large part, is basically looking the other way, delusional and unwilling to call this mess for what it is. Anyway, glad to meet you all.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:06 am

Atticus wrote:I've been a guest visitor for some time. Glad I stumbled upon this place. I use to post on Alternative007. I liked it there until I ran into a bigot called Chuck007 who hated Americans. Why he was never ousted is beyond me. I'm just saying, I'll go head-to-head with anyone here if I run into a bigot. And as far as this whole crapfest called Daniel Craig and the reboot, I'm not holding back on my views. Deal with it, if you're a drooling Craig idolater. I don't accord with all this crap for PC sensibilities. I'm conservative--conservative in the sense that I believe in smaller government, lower taxes, and the spirit of individuality and self-reliance, not friggin' dependency on government entitlements. I speak my mind, I believe in freedom of speech. I'll respect anyone as long as they respect me and my fellow fans who happen to favor the classic Bond. For the record, this shtick called the reboot of the franchise was geared for those who want a gay Bond. That's reality. Those who don't agree are delusional. I'm old enough to have seen Connery in his hey day and his return for one last run with Eon. After that period (along with the run with Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan--real men, I say), it's humiliating and insulting to see what a mockery of the character that the idiot Barbara Broccoli and the leftist loon Sam Mendes had done. Bond was always this paradigm of pure masculine virility, and straight out of Fleming's mouth, all the books are for warm-blooded heterosexuals. Now we've got a crybaby Bond without any balls and, what's more, actually admits, as he did in Skyfall, that he's had gay affairs and isn't even repulsed by the homoerotic gestures that the idiot villain (that Bardem played) was doing to him. He looked like he was looking forward to it. Tie that in with what Craig (another idiot who has zero respect for the character) did by sashay around in drag for that bizarre Bond tie-in commercial he did a few years ago. Yeah, that's right. That's his vision of Bond. Bond needs to be a transvestite in order to be sensitive to women. The guy's completely clueless. Meanwhile, we've got a fandom that, in large part, is basically looking the other way, delusional and unwilling to call this mess for what it is. Anyway, glad to meet you all.

Welcome :cheers:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby bjmdds » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello Atticus and you are 'our kind of people' :!: :up:
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby Atticus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:54 pm

bjmdds wrote:Hello Atticus and you are 'our kind of people' :!: :up:

Thanks bjmdds. I remember you from the Alternative007 forum. A good place until a creepy wack job called Chuck007 started babbling anti-American sentiments. Then he blasted me a PM, declaring that Craig was his sexual rebirth (whatever that means, although I take it he means he's come out) and that he would go on to roam the web, looking for ways to prop up Craig's stature as the new gay Bond. It just underscored how bizarre, nutty, and idolatrous the Craig/Bond fandom has turned into. But Eon's goal of turning the classic hero paradigm into a gayish spectacle certainly worked for a new generation of movie-goers. Gawd, I'm old enough to be around when the Connery/Lazenby/Moore transitions happened, and either way, these were machismo men who were ladykillers and didn't have the wussy impulses to be overly emotional. Dalton and Brosnan had the smarts to carry on with that style. Whatever faults we find in their films, at the end of the day, we still had the Bond that somehow reflected the Connery Bond that Fleming ultimately enjoyed. Anyway, glad I stumbled upon this place.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Postby bjmdds » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:16 am

And we are glad you did. You will totally enjoy it here. :yay: Chucky is a sick SOB if he really exists, but I think it was someone deliberately pulling verbal stunts on that forum, for if he/she is real, IT needs severe psychological attention :!:
bjmdds

Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby Fakhrul » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi, everyone!
I just happen to stumble on this forum, and i'm glad that i'm not the only one who feel this way about the new Bond.
I used to be okay with Craig being casted by Bond. But after i watched CR, QOS, Skyfall, and all those 'gritty' superhero movies, i loathed them more and more.
What really made me mad is with the whole thing become gritty and dark, you still need to suspend your disbelief as much as those fun personified movies. And i don't mean them as being as grounded in reality as possible. I mean that you need to ignored things that made the whole cast and people around them suddenly become idiots so the villain's plans, twists, sad scenes still work, like how Bond decided to hold the whole Silva army by his own despite having alot of resource to call for help (Goldfinger, anyone?), or how Superman broke Zod's neck to save innocent family despite being able to, you know, fly away and continued the fight. Realistic, guys. _.///
And talking about being grounded in reality, these movies still doing things that just as, or EVEN more impossible than what being done by their lighter counterpart. I'm talking about Batman stopped a van by landing on it from 25 feet without any broken bone, Bond survived 40 feet fall without any broken bone either etc. Considering those movies are supposed to be grittier and more grounded in reality, i feel that my intelligence is being mocked by those movies. Especially since the realism aspect is advertised so, SO much.
So yeah, that's my rant.
Fakhrul
New Recruit

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, The Spy Who Loved Me, The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies,
Favorite Movies: Kung Pow, Every Batman films, Superman I, Spiderman I and II

Postby James » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Welcome to the forum :cheers:
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Postby bjmdds » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Welcome to this marvelous world of reality :!: You should fine us most appealing to your train of thought.
bjmdds

Postby Fakhrul » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Thanks!
I just got angry since i saw someone in Guardian claimed that GoldenEye is only good since everything else with Brosnan is the worst thing ever made, and Craig has resurrected the franchise by himself. And he got the top rated comment. So i simply looking on people who disagree on Craig being good as Bond, and i just happen to stumble here.
Also, i always liked these slow-going forums. They usually have good users with great intelligence aside from few flaws. The only mainstream where i enjoyed myself is Hoopsnation, and even they could become annoying at times.
Fakhrul
New Recruit

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, The Spy Who Loved Me, The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies,

Postby bjmdds » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Cr-egg resurrected the franchise? What lunatic is spouting that lie? He and Broccoli are deconstructing the franchise :!: Our FBF will most likely respond to that madness for he is a huge Brosnan fan. You will love it here. :yay: This is THE anti-Cr-egg forum on the entire internet, it always was, and it will remain so, until he is fired :!:
bjmdds

Postby Fakhrul » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Yeah, pure lunacy. Judging by those Youtube Comments and IMDB Reviews alone, there are so many people who hate his Bond or at least wished that he gained the super gadgets and wit soon or later that it's funny to considered him as success. I'm betting that people watching his movies because of Bond's brand name alone. Also, Craig's the one who's Bond in name only, not Brosnan or Moore. He simply failed in being faithful for both the movie franchise and Novel for being a simple thug somehow become a top agent instead of sophisicated killer. He looks more fitting in the likeness of Stamper, Jaws and Oddjob: A right hand, overpowered henchman.
Also, this.
Man...he looks older than my 75 years old grandpa.
Fakhrul
New Recruit

Postby bjmdds » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 pm

He is hideous :!:
bjmdds

Postby Veronica » Tue May 26, 2015 12:32 pm

What's with the mustache?? :lol: that akward moment moment when a guy who doesn't play Bond looks way more Bond like than a guy who is supposed to play Bond...
Veronica
Agent

Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Postby ml94 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:57 am

Veronica wrote:What's with the mustache?? :lol: that akward moment moment when a guy who doesn't play Bond looks way more Bond like than a guy who is supposed to play Bond...

:up: :up:
ml94
Single O

Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art