Rare/Interesting Bond related Pics Thread

Fan Art gallery
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: Rare/Interesting Bond related Pics Thread

Post by The Saint 007 »

Artwork for On Her Majesty's Secret Service, by artist Jeff Marshall.

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Artwork for A View To A Kill, by artist Jeff Marshall.

Yeah, I'm going to be posting some more Jeff Marshall Bond art, because it's pretty awesome. 8) I came across a Jeff Marshall interview, and he said that this pic along with From Russia With Love, Diamonds Are Forever, and Licence To Kill are his favourites out of the Bond related artwork he's done.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Wow... he actually makes AVTAK look half decent. :wink:

All jokes aside, Marshall's work is fantastic. He should have been hired to design the covers for the 50th Anniversary series DVD/BR.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

*ahem* Hey, a little respect here, Daltonite, A View To A Kill is one of my favourites. :wink: But personal preferences aside, I definitely agree that Jeff Marshall's Bond artwork would make for great DVD/Blu-ray cover art. I know I say this all the time, but I really miss the days of the illustrated Bond posters. They truly capture that good old Bond magic that made the series so special.

Anyway, I like how Marshall illustrated Roger Moore in that A View To A Kill pic, very nice. I also like this pic of Sean Connery in Marshall's Diamonds Are Forever artwork:

The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Thunderball artwork for the cover of the January 1966 edition of Popular Science.

The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

For Your Eyes Only artwork, by artist Jeff Marshall.

The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

From Russia With Love artwork, by artist Jeff Marshall.

The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

You Only Live Twice artwork, by artist Jeff Marshall.

The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Unused Bond and Domino artwork, by artist Robert McGinnis.

The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Need to show a little love for Brosnan in this thread, so here's cover artwork by David Voigt for the Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies Cinefantastique magazines.

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:Need to show a little love for Brosnan in this thread, so here's cover artwork by David Voigt for the Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies Cinefantastique magazines.
The one that greatly defines the modern James Bond.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

Some more Brosnan Bond related artwork, by artist Jeff Marshall.

The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:Need to show a little love for Brosnan in this thread, so here's cover artwork by David Voigt for the Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies Cinefantastique magazines.
I would have liked to see how Albert Broccoli would have continued to build upon modern Bond after GoldenEye, or how he would have approached Bond's beginning if he actually went with the idea back in the 1980's. But I still find enjoyment in the Brosnan Bond films, and I like him as Bond. Plus, Brosnan was also featured in some pretty cool Bond games.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
I would have liked to see how Albert Broccoli would have continued to build upon modern Bond after GoldenEye, or how he would have approached Bond's beginning if he actually went with the idea back in the 1980's. But I still find enjoyment in the Brosnan Bond films, and I like him as Bond. Plus, Brosnan was also featured in some pretty cool Bond games.
Since the DC era, that Babs The B1tch is making Pierce look like a failed Bond star.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:Since the DC era, that Babs The B1tch is making Pierce look like a failed Bond star.
I think EON tries to make classic Bond in general look inferior to the new direction. But they know that classic Bond is still valued and sells, which is why they use it as a method of getting themselves out of trouble. The sales of the new 50th Anniversary Blu-ray set shows that classic Bond still sells, people are certainly not just buying it for Craig's two Bonds.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:The sales of the new 50th Anniversary Blu-ray set shows that classic Bond still sells, people are certainly not just buying it for Craig's two Bonds.
Anything with DC's mug I will not buy.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:The sales of the new 50th Anniversary Blu-ray set shows that classic Bond still sells, people are certainly not just buying it for Craig's two Bonds.
You could buy the set and just microwave Craig's two Bond films. At least you would get the pleasure of putting them out of your misery. :mrgreen:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
You could buy the set and just microwave Craig's two Bond films. At least you would get the pleasure of putting them out of your misery. :mrgreen:
Did you not pay attention? Anything DC' mug or any mention of any DC's Bond I will not buy. The VHS, SE and UE are good enough.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:You could buy the set and just microwave Craig's two Bond films. At least you would get the pleasure of putting them out of your misery. :mrgreen:
Did you not pay attention? Anything DC' mug or any mention of any DC's Bond I will not buy. The VHS, SE and UE are good enough.
I was just joking around, FormerBondFan. I've also bought the Bond collection on VHS, Special Edition DVD, and Ultimate Edition DVD, so I don't think it's really worth it for me to get them all again on Blu-ray, especially since I don't even have a Blu-ray player.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »