Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Ursula's undress is still top moment

Post by Blowfeld »

By VIRGINIA WHEELER

Published: Today

URSULA Andress's James Bond bikini scene is still Britons' sexiest swimsuit moment - two years short of its FIFTIETH anniversary.

The Swiss actress, now 74, set hearts pounding when she emerged from the ocean wearing the iconic white two-piece in 1962 Bond flick Dr No.

And her outfit remains a big hit, heading a new poll of the top ten swimsuit moments of all time.

Second was Raquel Welch's fur bikini from One Million Years BC.

Bo Derek's gold swimsuit from the movie 10 took third place in the nationwide survey of 2,060 men and women.

Charlie's Angel Farrah Fawcett was fourth with the red swimsuit made famous in a glossy poster.

Fifth place went to Halle Berry's orange bikini in 007 romp Die Another Day - in a scene that recreated Ursula's Dr No appearance.

The top ten was completed by Angelina Jolie, Pamela Anderson, Demi Moore, Myleene Klass and a holiday bikini worn by Dame Helen Mirren, 65.

A spokesman for online boutique Sandstorm, which commissioned the poll, said: "The same names always come up."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... oment.html
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Ursula's undress is still top moment

Post by Dr. No »

Always a classic moment. In theater not just Bond. This moment made Bond in the imagination of the everybody, it was classy adn sexy without being sleazy. Thats what Bond used to be amazing they kept it up for as long as they did, I don't feel that way now I felt cr sleazes it up a bit the girls didn't add the same class that was there since dr no.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Correct. In 1960s Bond films set in a "macho" culture to boot, the women in the films were MUCH more strongly portrayed, not like the vast wasteland of losers Eon has been pouring out the last 10 years, ie, Denise Richards who I DETEST in that role, or MAD-onna's poor cameo.
katied

Post by katied »

bjmdds wrote:Correct. In 1960s Bond films set in a "macho" culture to boot, the women in the films were MUCH more strongly portrayed, not like the vast wasteland of losers Eon has been pouring out the last 10 years, ie, Denise Richards who I DETEST in that role, or MAD-onna's poor cameo.

The 60's Bond films were definitely of a different time, as far as the macho stuff goes. I don't know that it would fly in this day and age, though.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

I really believed Denise Richards was a nuclear physicist. I honestly thought she was a real nuclear physicist who had taken up acting.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

:lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

007 wrote:I really believed Denise Richards was a nuclear physicist. I honestly thought she was a real nuclear physicist who had taken up acting.
Is that because Denise Richards is about as good at acting as she is at nuclear physics?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig