Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Heart patient Sean Connery refuses to give up red wine

Post by Blowfeld »

October 11th, 2009 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 11 (ANI): Veteran actor Sean Connery has refused to give up his favourite red wine even after been diagnosed with a heart condition.

The former James Bond star has been warned to stop drinking alcohol by medics but he refuses to give up, as he believes it is good for his health.

“I do drink red wine because of my friend David Murray, who owns two French wine estates. He showed me the evidence that it was good for the health,” the Daily Express quoted him as telling Wine Spectator magazine.

“I favour Merlots from Chile for their value and I keep a good deal of California wine in my cellar. I have one that cost me USD 2,000 for two cases, which I think is rather steep,” he added.

Meanwhile, the actor is likely to return as Professor Henry Jones in the fifth ‘Indiana Jones’ movie.

The Oscar winner had turned down the chance to reprise his role as the father of the daredevil archaeologist, played by Harrison Ford, in last movie ‘Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’, which hinted that his character had passed away.

However, according to the sources, the movie execs are planning to bring Henry back. (ANI)

Read more:
This story can be found at Connery refuses to give up red wine
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Heart patient Sean Connery refuses to give up red wine

Post by FormerBondFan »

I hope Sean's health condition doesn't get worse.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

He needs to eliminate free radicals. Do be careful, James!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

We will be broken if we lose Sean.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

FormerBondFan wrote:We will be broken if we lose Sean.
heartbroken maybe. He is an icon and it will be a shock when he eventually dies. Who know maybe this wine thing is better than his Drs' think. The medical research community are constantly waffling on what is good for ya.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote: Who know maybe this wine thing is better than his Drs' think. The medical research community are constantly waffling on what is good for ya.
Yes, I always thought red wine was supposed to be good for the heart, in moderation of course.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Dittoing what people have said about red wine..thought it was supposed to be good for you. That and dark chocolate.And green tea.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla