Man City will scare the Living Daylights out of rivals

All Dalton Related News
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Man City will scare the Living Daylights out of rivals

Post by Goldeneye »

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 75407.html
Former James Bond star Timothy Dalton reckons Manchester City will scare the Living Daylights out of their opponents next season.

Dalton, who played 007 in The Living Daylights and Licence To Kill, is a lifelong City fan and caught up with Roberto Mancini's squad at a beach soccer event in Los Angeles.

And the 65-year-old actor, who divides his time between Los Angeles and London, said he expects City to push for several trophies next season.

"City are going to be special next season," said Dalton. "I think they're going to be really special. We've got past potential now.

"The way they were playing towards the end of last season, I thought they were absolutely fantastic.

"They're really beginning to gel and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next season."

Even if Carlos Tevez gets his wish and leaves City, Dalton said Roberto Mancini's squad could cope with his loss.

"Tevez is an extraordinary player," said Dalton. "He's been fantastic for City and I'm quite sure City have been fantastic for him.

"I'm sure a lot of people will be disappointed if he goes, but the thing to always remember in life is that, given time, nobody is irreplaceable.

"Everybody goes at some time, and it's up to the club to continually regenerate and sign players who work well together. And the club will do that."

Dalton, currently starring in American TV series Chuck, lived in Cheadle, near Manchester, and revealed how he came to support City.

"I was born in North Wales but my parents lived in Cheadle," said Dalton.

"A friend and I used to skip out on a Saturday afternoon, catch the bus up to the end of Platt Lane and walk down to the old Maine Raoad stadium.

"There was only one stand back then, one covered bit, and if we could then we would sneak in. We were just kids and we'd try to get in over the turnstiles. Ever since then I've been a City fan.

"It was in the 1950s, the days of Bert Trautmann, who was my hero. I thought he was wonderful, absolutely fantastic."

Even though he spends most of his time in Los Angeles, Dalton said he keeps in touch with City and the Premier League.

"You can watch more game over here than you can in England," he said.

"Between three or four Spanish-speaking stations, because they love the soccer, you can generally get two or three Premier League games a day.

"Then you've got the ESPN stations and Fox Soccer, so you generally watch games live, and if you can't do that you can always watch them on the internet.

"I was over here [in Los Angeles] when City won the FA Cup but I watched the game on TV. It was a great day."

*Manchester City players met children from the Boys & Girls Club of East Los Angeles and played beach soccer with them at Long Beach, Los Angeles, at a City in the Community, an initiative designed to forge closer links between the club and its local community.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... z1T1DxFI3E
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Man City will scare the Living Daylights out of rivals

Post by Kristatos »

65! And he still looks better than Craig.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:65! And he still looks better than Craig.
HI and pierce have the young gene. They look great past 50 there Moore and Connery looked good but not young.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Patrick Stewart too he is 70 and looks like he could still command the Enterprise :mrgreen: !
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.