Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

What sort of person.....

Post by carl stromberg »

He is my favourite, and I was wondering what sort of person has Sir Roger as their favourite Bond?
Bring back Bond!
Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Re: What sort of person.....

Post by Skywalker »

carl stromberg wrote:He is my favourite, and I was wondering what sort of person has Sir Roger as their favourite Bond?
Mine too, although Connery is a close second. I think because he was the first actor I saw to play Bond, I associate him with being Bond more than any other actor.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Sir Rog in TSWLM got me hooked on my fascination with Bond, that same year I saw a film on the big screen that caught my attention. That film was OP.
The rest as they say is history.
Though now when quizzed by the un-educated as too who is the best Bond my answer is, they all are.
Each of the actors has brought something great too the role, and all have my gratitude and respect for keeping me thrilled for all these years and hopefully many more too come.
As for Sir Rog, well he got me interested, and he'll always remain a special Bond for me.
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

carl stromberg wrote:He is my favourite, and I was wondering what sort of person has Sir Roger as their favourite Bond?
Why is he your favourite Carl?
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Captain Nash wrote:Though now when quizzed by the un-educated as too who is the best Bond my answer is, they all are..
That's what I feel to! Although at the moment they have chosen the one actor currently working that I would have a problem with as Bond!

Maybe it's because when I was very young, I watched Connery and Moore (And Lazenby!) hundreds of times on televeision on Bank Holidays, Christmas and summer evenings, and Roger's films had some of the most memorable moments: the underwater lotus; Jaws; the crocodiles etc etc. I love the look of the late 70's/early 80's as well, so maybe that has a lot to do with it.

Roger Moore's Bond films - especially TSWLM. MR, and OP, are just wonderful pieces of enteratinment that always cheer you up.
Bring back Bond!
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

carl stromberg wrote: Roger Moore's Bond films - especially TSWLM. MR, and OP, are just wonderful pieces of enteratinment that always cheer you up.
If we can leave DC out of this area of the forums then I think we can have an actual Bond discussion, but I have too agree with you Carl.
TSWLM and MR are fantastic entertainment. As for OP, well imo if that doesn't do the trick in getting you out of the dulldrums then god help you.
OP is one of the most entertaining Bond films around.
:wink:
But in all fairness a good post Carl. :wink:
(Hugs all round)
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

MR has so many superb moments, but I wish I could have done some editing on that film.

I wish Jaws would have been kept serious and not included in the film until the scene in Rio, which may I add still gives me chills.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Skywalker wrote:
Mine too, although Connery is a close second. I think because he was the first actor I saw to play Bond, I associate him with being Bond more than any other actor.
I think we had talked about this some what before. Being the first actor you see as bond he makes a remarkable impression. Not to give my age away but More was the Bond I had images of when we played games in the playground, Dalton had taken over but none of us had seen him and Moore was TV so we all got to see him even if we had to sneak it past our moms.

That underwater Lotus, wow! the stuff dreams are made of when Hot wheels are the hottest thing you can imagine.
james stock
Lieutenant

Post by james stock »

Skywalker wrote:MR has so many superb moments, but I wish I could have done some editing on that film.

I wish Jaws would have been kept serious and not included in the film until the scene in Rio, which may I add still gives me chills.
I think Moonraker is a very enjoyable film with a great villian in Drax.

I think Sir Roger is the best because he was the first actor i saw as James Bond growing up. Its funny because i associate him more with Bond than Connery :D I think he added a lot of humour, charisma and i think he had a ruthless streak which some people seem to forget.
:D
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

james stock wrote:
Skywalker wrote:MR has so many superb moments, but I wish I could have done some editing on that film.

I think Moonraker is a very enjoyable film with a great villian in Drax.

I think Sir Roger is the best because he was the first actor i saw as James Bond growing up. Its funny because i associate him more with Bond than Connery :D I think he added a lot of humour, charisma and i think he had a ruthless streak which some people seem to forget.
:D
Sir Roger was a part of many of the most famous iconic Bond moments.
Bring back Bond!
Skywalker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens

Post by Skywalker »

carl stromberg wrote:Sir Roger was a part of many of the most famous iconic Bond moments.
So true.